Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Steering problems

Can you share the alignment specs your independent alignment shop set your Explorer to? This may help other forum members that are having problems with lane drifting problems.
  2. R

20 Limited or 21 XLT?

The 2020 Limited was built in July 2020. That is over a year after the initial builds in 2019. I would think most of the problems were sorted out by then. The Limited is going to have more options and be like a Platinum model except with the 2.3L 4 cylinder Ecoboost engine instead of the 3.0L 6...
  3. R

The worst thing that's ever happened to me

Did I read your original post right. Over 35,000 miles in less than 10 months? Is that correct?
  4. R

2020 Explorer Platinum

Did you buy it new or used?
  5. R

2020 Explorer Platinum

Your salesperson was probably giving you a line of bs. Never heard of a Platinum having the ST tuned motor from the factory. Could possibly have the ST street package that has 21” tires and upgraded brake package.
  6. R

2020 Explorer Platinum

The 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum has 365 HP and 380 TQ. The ST has 400 HP and 415 TQ.
  7. R

Instrument Cluster

I agree. The normal mode is so simple and lacks any imagination. I drive mainly in normal mode and would like the cluster to look like the sport mode. Should be able to configure it to what you like.
  8. R

Instrument Cluster

I purchased a 2021 Explorer ST on February 20, 2021. I like the instrument cluster layout when you toggle to the Sport mode and some other modes. Can the instrument cluster be configured the same way for the normal driving mode?
  9. R

Oil Capacity

Same oil filter FL910S
  10. R

What oil to run in 2.3 liter Explorer

Need to look further in the owners manual. The different engines are listed separately with capacities and specifications.
  11. R

What oil to run in 2.3 liter Explorer

Not true. The 2.3L takes 5.2 quarts with an oil filter change. The 3.0L, 3.3L gasoline engine and the 3.3L hybrid electric take 6.0 quarts with an oil filter change.
  12. R

Oil Capacity

I own a 2020 Explorer Limited and a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost. Booth have the 2.3L Ecoboost engine. The owners manual states the 2020 Explorer takes 5.2 quarts of oil with the oil filter change. The owners manual states the 2017 Mustang takes 5.7 quarts of oil with the oil filter change. Why the...
  13. R

FordPass

I download all the FordPass updates the same day they are available for my iPhone and iPad. I had the 7/22 update installed at the time my FordPass was not working properly this past weekend. The only way to get it working properly again was to uninstall and reinstall the Ford Pass from the...
  14. R

FordPass

I deleted the FordPass app on my iPhone 7 and reinstalled it. It is working fine now. I have had the FordPass app for a number of years. This is the first time that I had to delete it and reinstall it.
  15. R

FordPass

Who’s having problems with the FordPass app this weekend? The FordPass app opens but can’t do anything with it. Every time I go to check on my vehicle details the app crashes. Reopen the app and the app crashes every time.
  16. R

Pricing help!

I would stay away from the Explorer with a build date of 7/19. Ford had a lot of problems with the early built Explorers. I believe production started on the 2020 in late May or early June. Ford had to send most of them from Chicago (where they are built) to a plant in Michigan for repairs. I...
  17. R

Explorer XLT - Is this jerk/lunge common?

Was your Explorer built in December 2019 or January 2020? If it was, there is a Ford Customer Satisfaction TSB for reprogramming the transmission module. Ford sent a notification to all dealers in April 2020 to reprogram the transmission module on all 2.3L Explorers in their inventory, that were...
  18. R

New Vehicle High PSI Readings Upon Delivery

Just picked up my Limited on June 3 and the tire pressure in all tires was 45 psi.
  19. R

Explorer Oil Filters

Most Fram oil filters are garbage. They get the lowest rating by a number of testing labs. Do some research and see what's inside a Fram oil filter. Many years ago it might not of mattered when oil was changed every 2,500 - 3,000 miles. Then again, many years ago Fran made a better oil filter.
  20. R

Explorer hood vibrates

You should run at least a couple of full tanks of premium gas to see if you notice any difference in performance. My wife has the 2.0L Ecoboost in her 2013 Escape. We have been putting 93 octane premium in the Escape since day one. Great performance, decent gas mileage and zero engine issues...
  21. R

Explorer hood vibrates

Peter, She has the 2.3L Ecoboost engine.
  22. R

Explorer hood vibrates

All of Ford's Ecoboost engines are direct injection.
  23. R

Explorer hood vibrates

That doesn't right to me. I have the 3.5L NA engine in my explorer but my wife has the 2.0L Ecoboost engine in her Escape. Her 2.0L is much quieter than your 2.3L Ecoboost.
  24. R

2015 Limited 2nd row rattle

Yes. The anchor latch on the floor was misaligned with the seat latch. The dealer tech realigned the floor anchor latch so now the seat locks in firmly and correctly. No more rattling.
  25. R

Can't remove right side glove box pin

I ordered a Motorcraft FP68 cabin air filter from Amazon. Upon inspecting the filter, there is no airflow arrow on the filter. The filter came in a Motorcraft FP68 box and is stenciled with all the Motorcraft nomenclature including Made in USA. Did Ford's cabin air filter supplier remove the...
Back