Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Flashing Brake Lights Discussion

A local dealer sells all their cars and trucks with the flashing brake light for the center brake light. The side brake lights do not flash.
  2. S

Adding Remote Start

I'm curious about this option. I can remote start my XLT using the Ford Pass app. Can I use the key fob in lieu of the app without installing additional hardware? The fob is $95 and installed is an extra $255.
  3. S

SYNC 3 v3.4

Last night I received the update message thru the Ford Pass app, the build is unchanged at 19101. Question: why, when I select Scan for Updates, does it start scanning but nothing happens; it keeps scanning. Wifi is connected to my home network.
  4. S

Floor, cargo mats / liners

I had WeatherTech in my 2016 XLT ( front, 2nd row and cargo) for three years and they did a great job except that both driver and front passenger liners started to curl in and gap at the side with the door sill. This allowed debris to collect underneath. I have the Ford tray liners in my 2020...
  5. S

Auto Start-Stop Technology

Like others, I wish retaining the last drive mode setting was engineered into the 2020. Could it be done through a firmware update?
  6. S

Neat things you have found out on the 6th gen.

Regarding the Auto Stop-Start feature, I discovered that with a foot on the brake I can activate Start by turning the steering wheel.
  7. S

Rhythmic / pulsating static on AM radio only when moving

I use the Apple cable that came with my 8+. Something else is interfering with the AM signal and, as Forddealz observed, it occurs without a cable attached.
  8. S

Rhythmic / pulsating static on AM radio only when moving

I have an XLT and experience the same pulsating noise on AM.
  9. S

New Vehicle High PSI Readings Upon Delivery

True. I picked up my 2020 XLT yesterday and the tires were 45 PSI. I pointed out the PSI label on the door jam to the dealer rep who said that the tire was rated to 50 PSI so I was good. Silly. The ride was terrible at that PSI and I changed it to the recommended 33 PSI for cold tire. Much better.
  10. S

Delivery Time Frame?

Sorry peterk9 and blwnsmoke, did not mean to obscure the model name by using the order code.
  11. S

Delivery Time Frame?

The targeted production date for my 2020 K8D XLT fleet vehicle is the week of 07/26/2019. The approximate arrival date of the vehicle at the dealership is 08/23/2019.
  12. S

Fog Lights on XLT

Just ordered the 2020 XLT 4x4 with standard 200A package. Bummed that the only way to get fog lights is to add 202A which is a significant price bump.
  13. S

MFT Update V3.10

I installed 3.10 from the link in this thread and want to return to 3.08. 3.10 does not allow me to silence navigation tones. If I recall 3.08 has this functionality. Thanks for making 3.10 available but it’s not for me. I assume I can install the previous version, right?
  14. S

MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues

Question: if I do a master reset do I revert to the version installed when I bought the car new or the latest version (3.8) which I installed a few months ago?
  15. S

Did you disable Siri? On the Apple site I read that this can also fix the issue. Here is the link. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7666932?start=0&tstart=0
  16. S

SurrealOne, I do not use map apps. I have MFT with navigation. However, I wont use this thread to comment on how poor the built-in navigation system works. I get a headache thinking about it.
  17. S

Sgt1411, I don't know; the dealer has not gotten back to me to reschedule. Meanwhile, here is another problem that shows up with no predicable pattern. When I start the car, or while driving, and my iPhone bluetooth is on, MFT sometimes thinks my phone is making a call. The MFT screen shows...
  18. S

When Will the Ford A8 Navigation Maps Be Released?

Yes, I knew this. Following past years pattern I hope to see a January A8 card release.
  19. S

Update. Today, my Ford dealer said they can see the 3.10 update on their Ford dealer site, but after multiple tries were unable to download it to their computer. They emailed Ford but did not hear back. Frustrating. Hope that next Tuesday the dealer can download it for installation.
  20. S

When Will the Ford A8 Navigation Maps Be Released?

Past updates have hit in January. Anyone hear about a January 2017 release?
  21. S

My handsfree connection using my iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2 continues to drop calls. The call drops while on handsfree, the dash shows the call ended, but the call is still active on my handset, then it will switch back to handsfree. Anyone else have this issue?
  22. S

Driver Assist Settings Problem

I am at my Ford dealer getting an issue with Driver Assist resolved. Here is what is going on....all interrelated. Several times over the last week I have had a warning icon appear saying Service AdvanceTrac. I went into Driver Assist to investigate. The Traction Control box and Trailer Sway...
  23. S

Automatic Climate Control - Fan Speed

Somewhat related to the topic, when I start the car using remote start and the air temperature is hot (80's-90's), the A/C does not engage until I enter the car and press the start button. Is this normal? I have settings set to auto cool or heat to the requested temperature (in this case 70...
  24. S

Ford 2011-2015 Explorers probed by U.S. on possible exhaust leaks

Saw this today. Not sure if its been posted elsewhere.... https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-2011-2015-explorers-probed-u-possible-exhaust-132420248--finance.html?ref=gs
  25. S

Oil Change interval

My ride is a fleet vehicle and we are required to change the oil and filter every 5000 miles. The distance is designed to cover a range of driving conditions and is conservative in approach. I'm OK with it as we use a basic non-synthetic oil.
Back