Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

No display or entertainment center on 2018 Sport

This happens to me maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I just ignore it and the next time I use the explorer, it works again.
  2. T

Electrical Wiring Question

You're not going to find headlight switched power at a fuse. Switching occurs in the Body Control Module. So you'll need to tap into a wire that runs between the Body Control Module and a headlight. Or perhaps tap into a wire that runs between the headlight switch and the Body Control Module...
  3. T

What is this?

I washed it in my driveway so it wouldn't be from another vehicle. Mbrook's picture looks a lot like it, although it's not obvious in my picture, the top rounded end is angled about 30 degrees from the ribbed body.
  4. T

What is this?

It would have been on the drivers side, but I'm not sure where it was front to rear.
  5. T

What is this?

I drove some muddy roads a few days ago. Later that day I washed all the mud out my wheel wells and underside. Afterward I found this in the debris. I looked around for a place where this might have come from but didn't find anything missing. Maybe this just got picked up with all the mud.
  6. T

Headlight Wiring Schematics for Front Side Markers?

I see Tele got the schematics for you. I'm not sure why the LIN wire would be needed inside the headlamp assemblies since all of the FET switches are in the Body Control Module. Too bad the diagrams don't show more detail inside the headlamp assemblies.
  7. T

Headlight Wiring Schematics for Front Side Markers?

I can check my schematic for you, but I don't have it with me now. Perhaps tomorrow.
  8. T

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I just took my 18 into the dealer today to look at the paint bubbles. They ordered a new hood for me and said it would be covered under warranty.
  9. T

2017+ Ford enables wireless Android Auto/ CarPlay

I don't have an iphone so I can't try this. The box says it requires apple carplay and then lets you use android auto, which is why I was interested. I just don't know how I can tell if I have carplay. Tom
  10. T

2017+ Ford enables wireless Android Auto/ CarPlay

How do I know if my 18 xlt has carplay?
  11. T

Need pinout color code for 17 xlt door connector wire diagram

This is for an 18 but it might be the same.
  12. T

Wet floormat

Now that I think about it, I'll bet it's the same stuff they use to de-ice the parking lot where I work. They lay it on pretty thick sometimes and inevitably a lot of that muck gets tracked into the car.
  13. T

Wet floormat

No sunroom/moonroof so not that. I haven't really noticed any smell. This weekend I'll pull it out and wash it off. At least that will tell me if it is water soluble.
  14. T

Wet floormat

The other day I noticed that my drivers side doormat looks wet in my 18 Explorer, WeatherTech. At first I just thought it was snowmelt from shoes, but it's not drying. It just looks wet, not enough to pool. I felt around above the mat trying to find a hanging drip but didn't find anything...
  15. T

Outside Temperature in Instrument Cluster

I use the OBDLink MX Bluetooth. So no cable.
  16. T

For those who have had the main seal replaced

Mine was replaced under warranty at 15K miles. I'm only at 20K now. Guess I should look where I park to see if it's leaking again. Haven't noticed anything yet.
  17. T

Slight roll when putting in Park...

Mine will roll back a little if it's on a slope. I would use the parking brake more than I do except that it hurts my foot when I do. I have a problem with my foot that makes it hurt when I use the parking brake. If I could use my heal it would be okay but it's difficult to get your heal on...
  18. T

Weird electrical issue

Could be a weak battery I would think. Looks like electric power steering is connected to a 100 amp fuse in mine. A week battery coupled with low output from the alternator with low RPM while turning, and a heavy load from electric power steering could lower battery voltage quit a bit. Does...
  19. T

2016 Explorer Wiring Diagram

Would this be the same as an 2018? I'm looking at my schematic and don't really see any correlation between the lift gate and the park sensors. Doesn't appear to be a common ground point. Looks like the lift gate cable is high above the door and the park sensor cable is low below the door.
  20. T

Wiring diagram

I'm an electrical guy so naturally I wanted a wiring diagram for my 18. This thing is three times thicker than my 99 wiring diagram. Electrical systems are getting more complex.
  21. T

Battery Charge?

Non necessarily. Mine dials back the charging voltage to around 13V when it knows that the battery has been fully charged. I don't know what year they started doing this smarter charging. Tom
  22. T

Does keeping a key FOB shielded drain the battery?

Does your explorer sit in the hot sun for long periods of time? Could be long term exposure to higher temperatures.
  23. T

2018 Explorer XLT Oil Leak

They replaced the main seal on mine too. I didn't even know it was leaking, service guy told me. I looked at my garage floor and sure enough there were a couple spots there. About 15k miles.
Back