Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SixPonies

How to: Replacing the 110V Power Inverter

Did you replace yours for the same reason? No power at the outlet, but good fuse?
  2. SixPonies

Sorry, I must've overlooked that. Thanks.
  3. SixPonies

Do you have a part number for the inverter? I have no power at the 115VAC port on the back of the console. I checked the fuse under the hood, and it's good; so I'm assuming the inverter has gone bad.
  4. SixPonies

Stainless drain plugs inbound...

Do you have any of these sets still available? If so, I'd be interesting in buying one. If not, could you direct me to sources where I could obtain the parts to build my own? Thanks!
  5. SixPonies

Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin Custom Grill

They're the OEM rims that were part of the "Adrenalin" package.
  6. SixPonies

Gauging Interest: EcoBoost PTU, RDU, Trans drain plugs

My '17 Sport's PTU already has a drain plug on the side. Will your product fit those threads? Just curious if it would be a direct swap. However, I still think it'd be a good idea to drill/install your plug on the bottom of the PTU (at the lowest point) so that one could more efficiently drain...
  7. SixPonies

Gauging Interest: EcoBoost PTU, RDU, Trans drain plugs

So just to be clear, in order to install these drain plugs, one would need to drill the hole with an "R" bit, and then cut the threads with a 1/8" NPT tap, correct?
  8. SixPonies

Outside Temperature in Instrument Cluster

I used this cable: OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter
  9. SixPonies

You don't even need to go into the codes and manually enter the numbers. The Forscan software has an easy menu for enabling/disabling many features. I used it for this particular one, and to also enable/mirror the climate controls in the right IPC. I also added buttons for the heated/cooled...
  10. SixPonies

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

I bought mine from TVDVinylDecals.com
  11. SixPonies

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Bought my #2017IngoSilverExplorerSport almost three months ago now. Loving it so far!
  12. SixPonies

Going wireless

Is this the USB-C module that you installed? SYNC 3 Type-C USB Hub Module Interface Fit for Ford F-150 Edge Transit Connect
  13. SixPonies

Going wireless

Nice setup! I just added this to my project list! Did you ever end up re-routing/hiding your cable? If so, how'd you do it.
  14. SixPonies

Has anyone modified their 2016+ so they can turn off their headlights?

I think there should be a way to turn off the DRLs in Forscan. I believe that's how they're enabled for the Canadian market, as they're built right on the same line as all the rest at the plant in Chicago.
  15. SixPonies

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Took my '17 in to the dealer on Monday, 27 July. They took pictures to send in to Ford. Got a call back two days later to schedule the hood replacement. She's going in tonight for a new hood.
  16. SixPonies

Yes. I had a 2011 Limited that had the outside temp displayed in the right IP display. It also had the climate controls in the right IP display. My '17 Sport has neither, and I'd like those available int he right IP display.
  17. SixPonies

removing chrome trim

Did you have to remove it, or did you have it wrapped in place?
  18. SixPonies

That link doesn't work. Does anyone know of anywhere else to find this information?
  19. SixPonies

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I just bought a ‘17 Sport today with a bubbly hood. The factory corrosion warranty states, “5 years/Unlimited miles. Warranty terms include: No perforation required on aluminum panels.” Prior to closing the deal, I spoke with a Ford service advisor who confirmed that the hoods are replaced...
  20. SixPonies

Split Armrest Issue

So is this still a problem on the 16-19 Explorers, or did Ford resolve it with the 2016 redesign/refresh?
  21. SixPonies

Split Armrest Issue

Has anyone had this problem with 16-19 Explorers, or did Ford resolve this issue with the 2016 refresh?
  22. SixPonies

Steady Airbag light on after aftermarket stereo install

Did you forget to reattach the plug for the air bag light? I had the same problem when I installed a stereo, and that was what happened. I pulled the center stack apart again, found an unattached plug that I'd forgotten when I put everything back together. Check the simple things first.
  23. SixPonies

Another series of questions on a 2007 Explorer XLT

Do you have the 4.0L V6, or 4.8L V8? If you have the V8, then the sound is more than likely an exhaust manifold leak. The 4.6L V8 is notorious for the exhaust manifold studs rusting and breaking, causing a leak. The sound goes away after a few minutes once the engine warms up and the manifold...
Back