Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Budget 2track 1994 sport

The axle gears that you mentioned; what advantage does it give the truck? I dont know anything.
  2. K

M5OD-R1 HD swap 1994 ford explorer

Is there a difference between the manual and auto transmissions? I have a 1991 explorer manual. But i want to go past the 85 mph limit. In other words is there a transmission that would fit that will give me that range of speed.
  3. K

Debris inside cowl-vent intake (how to clean?)

I actually have a service manual but never came across the removal of the dash.
  4. K

Previous Owner Rage Thread

Hey the only four screws are by the windshield??? There isn't any other screws?? If you know of any other screws let me know please. I'm currently going to take off the dash because I have a short somewhere in there
  5. K

Debris inside cowl-vent intake (how to clean?)

What is the best way the remove the dash without damaging it. Is there a diagram of bolts to remove??? Thank you.
  6. K

Fuel pump wiring issue.

I have the same problem I just brought back my explorer back to life with an engine swap; a few months ago. Now a few days ago my fuel pump gave up, so i bought a new one with full assembly. I found out that my 91 explorer has a short because it blows the fuse under the hood. I replaced it with...
  7. K

I want to swap my 4.0 for a 5.8 lightning svt

I seen a very cool 1993 f150 lightning:rangergreen: on the freeway. I almost crashed:roll: into it for giving the person a thumbs up; anyways as i was approaching the truck it look so simular to the ranger, and i thought...thats a really nice :thumbsup:ranger. I got closer and seen thes blue...
  8. K

92 Explorer rear Drum axle to disc conversion

https://m.facebook.com/c.habacuc/albums/10208114541008449/?_rdr
  9. K

JD4242 this is KUMAR... Sorry for the late reply. I did the swap and blead in a matter of hours less than 5 hrs. My breaks were spongy before the swap. But i still blead the fluid. I started at the rear and finished at the front. Breaks better than old differential. I have my break light on and...
  10. K

5 speed question

It does have a spacer. They all come with spacers the automatics and 5 spds
  11. K

I actually did the swap yesterday. It was successful. The automatic donor had the same axle code as mine 41. I tested it and it ran the same. I dont know how to post pictures on this site but i have the before and after. I didnt change the mc and i connected the excisting emergency cable with...
  12. K

Another Q on gearing...

I have a 91 5speed explorer. I have stock tires and i want highway speed to increase. I also want to be able to have a better launch. Not to brag but my explorer is stock and it burns out pretty good. Ive launched on an rx8 no problem on take off but i would like to go beyond the 85mph limit...
  13. K

Ok i have a 91 rwd explorer. And i have a 95 or 97 donor i cant check right now because i have it at my in laws shop. But anyways my 91 is a 5 speed and the donor is automatic. What would happen if i swap the differential?? Will i gain top speed and lack power or will i gain launch but loose top...
  14. K

91 explorer body and transmission/ 94 engine

I got a used 94 explorer engine for my 91 explorer. The engine was incomplete, because the intake manifold didnt come with it; so i put my old 91 intake manifold on the 94 engine. Everithing bolted on right. Plugged up all electrical, but i didnt lable the vacuum hoses to where they go and join...
  15. K

Vacuum hose.

Can someone post picture of all the items mentioned above..because i did an engine swap and didnt tag any of the vacuum hoses. All other electrical connections are connected and good. I just need detailed pictures of the vacuum lines from were they get connected and joined.
  16. K

91 ex body...95 engine..does it work??

I actually got a hold of a 94 block. All the prep work is done, except for the engine bay..needs cleaning. Should be done by Tuesday.
  17. K

91 ex body...95 engine..does it work??

I was told my the shop that sells used engines that it will work. I also wanted to know how would i know its a 1995 engine and not a diffrent one. Just want to be informed about the numbers on the block .i cant find them anywhere online.
  18. K

1995 Explorer 4.0 cam position sensor/synchronizer.

Hey guys i have a 91 body will a 95 engine work or what do you guys think. My engine is dead so my only option was to buy a used engine. The guys from the shop told me that it will fit and work but im skeptical.
Back