Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. tjnap250f

front end wandering.....

I replaced my sway bar end links with poly bushings from explorerexpress.com. what a difference! the explorer handling much better now, when i hit a pothole the car doesnt start wobbling out of controll. the old bushings were absolutly shot, so i knew it would help, but i am very impresed with...
  2. tjnap250f

front end wandering.....

i am definetly going to check out the inner steering shaft then the rack....... is there anything else i could use that might work as a steering stabilizer (everyone is saying that they dont actually make one for a 98')
  3. tjnap250f

front end wandering.....

Thanks again JT! i am going to do this work over thanksgiving. after i replace the frame bushing and end links i will test it out and go from there, the next step will be the dampener.... probably over thanksgiving as well. i am also going to get my wheels re balanced and look into new torsion...
  4. tjnap250f

front end wandering.....

Thanks JT...i am planning on getting the end link kits from explorer express.com becaus ei am at college now and dont hav much time to get out and but this stuff. do you think that the frame bushings will help? if it will i am def. going to buy them and what do you mean by getting the longest...
  5. tjnap250f

front end wandering.....

I want my 98' to handle as best as it possibly could without lowering it with a kit. i have dropped the torsion bars down as low as they can go without having rubbing with my 275/65/17's (about a little under 30"). i am running edelbrock performer IAS shock that were installed about 4 years ago...
  6. tjnap250f

death wobble!

i checked my ball joints a few weeks ago and they seemed fine. didnt know a beath wobble was only for solid front axle, learn something new every day! it could be the tie rod's. a steering stabilizer will def. help because i can feel the tires bouncing around when i hit a bump. after i install...
  7. tjnap250f

death wobble!

My explorer as recently started to shake A LOT when driving on the highway. i am aware that my oversized tires (275/60/17) do not help. i looked at my sway bar and the bishing did look worn. so far i am going to replace the bushing's and check the steering fluid. i want to install a steering...
  8. tjnap250f

Major Handling Issues / O2 sensor location

i have a 1998 4.0 ohv explorer with 124,000 miles on it, so it is far from riding like a new ex. i know i need to replace my ball joints and that is most of the problem with the ride but it feels like it is more that just that. what else could be wrong with the suspension/ steering that could be...
  9. tjnap250f

Most EXTREME Before & After

here is the after shot of the front end... i am planning on adding an airdamn and painting the grille green to match the body
  10. tjnap250f

Most EXTREME Before & After

the "stock" picture i am using is actually after i added the windjammer in the back which is a small mod but it is noticable....
  11. tjnap250f

1.25" wheel adapters/spacers....pros and cons?

i have 1" adapters on my explorer with the same wheels as you. it makes the wheels look so much better. i got mine of an ebay based store online and when they cam the hub size was a little to small so i had 25 thoulsands of an inch shaved off andthey fit fine. i am sure if u get yours from...
  12. tjnap250f

Massachusetts??

im in. i live in the south shore but im sure we can have a meating spot in the middle of everyone
  13. tjnap250f

tjnap250f's 98' cobra explorer

i guess i shouldnt have called it a cobra, because it isnt. i just put onmy new whells so i decided to throw that in there for *****. i am tod, the answer to both ur questions is no it isnt lifter or a 5 litre. i am going to paint the side steps and the mirrors soon, then get an explorer...
  14. tjnap250f

show me your street explorer!

the fox, i was thinking about taking off the window visors but i actually use them when it is raining so i might keep them, i am getting an explorer express airdam soon and painting the side steps and mirrors to match the green
  15. tjnap250f

tjnap250f is now elite!!...avatar help

thanks for the help everyone. the image was a great help i saved it as a GIF because the smaller pic didnt work as a JPEG. thanks for the help guys.
  16. tjnap250f

tjnap250f is now elite......now how do i size the avatar??

thanks for helping me with this one, i finally got it! haha thanks again
  17. tjnap250f

tjnap250f's 98' cobra explorer

tjnap250f's 98' explorer 98' custom explorer//JL//alpine Not done yet. i have plans for an explorer express airdam and hood and to paint the side steps and mirrors to match the green. EXTERIOR: -Cobra R 17x9 wheels -275/60/17 toyo proxes s/t -piaa 1500xt fog lights -optronics...
  18. tjnap250f

show me your street explorer!

my explorer has come a long way since i got it, but it stil has a way to go. i think i am going to get an airdamn and a hood from explorer express and maybe paint everything green, no chrome or plastic. let me know what you think and show me pics or your ex.!
  19. tjnap250f

tjnap250f is now elite......now how do i size the avatar??

i am having trouble sizing the picture i want to use for my avatar, it seems like no matter how small i make it its not small enough. i am using photoshop and the smallest size i can make it has to many bytes i guess. what is going on, can anyone help me out? 98' custom cobra explorer//JL//A...
  20. tjnap250f

tjnap250f is now elite!!...avatar help

i am having trouble sizing the picture i want to use for my avatar, it seems like no matter how small i make it its not small enough. i am using photoshop and the smallest size i can make it has to many bytes i guess. what is going on, can anyone help me out? 98' custom cobra...
  21. P1010100

P1010100

22. me_and_bro

me_and_bro

me and my brother just sitting in a parking lot and decided to take a shot...nice tahoe huh?
  23. system

system

jl 12w3vs'2 rockford 1farad capacitor 500/1 300/4
  24. first shot on the elite page!

first shot on the elite page!

side angle, new wheels
  25. tjnap250f

Before and After Lowering...

hey what size tires are you running on your ex.? i have 17" cobra wheels and a 275/60/17 tire. i was wondering if i could lower the front an inch.
Back