Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. explosportguy

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

Hi Rino911, thanks. I really like the look and function of the EGRs also. There is one hole in the weld fold per mounting bracket, so two holes in the weld fold on each side (one front bracket, one rear bracket). EGR supplies a tube of goop (looks silicone based to me) to help seal the holes...
  2. explosportguy

Best suggestions to improve performance

Livernois or other reputable tune. By far the most bang for the buck. I've been turning wrenches since the late 60s, In this new age, bolt-ons take a far second place / back seat to the tunes. YMMV.
  3. explosportguy

aFe Magnum Force air intake system for 2016 Platinum

+1 on this advice if you are looking for a performance increase. I run the LMS 93 tune with no mods other than Magnaflow mufflers (for the sound only, no performance increase over stock) and I'm solidly in the low to mid 5s 0-60. I'm at 23,000 miles with no issues related to the tune. The CAI...
  4. explosportguy

Because the ERG running boards do not allow use of the front splash guards due to their integrated body design, I though it might be helpful to see how the ERGs perform as splash guards in the winter. As I had hoped, they actually perform very well for my use in snow and slushy dirt roads...
  5. explosportguy

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Back to work on the Explorer Sport after a year off to settle our retirement move to the Catskills. This last week : 1) installed the Wind and Fire "Ford" LED puddle lights (lost photos) 2) installed my custom "caution" hood sticker (on our Audi s5 as well) as found on eBay by another forum...
  6. explosportguy

Well, the rear factory splash guards still work with the EGRs :) But as Peter said, definitely not the front due to the EGR integrated body molded end caps.
  7. explosportguy

You're welcome. Here's the EGR mounting pics showing the clearance for the jack positions.
  8. explosportguy

Just installed the passenger side EGR running board today. Will do the driver side tomorrow. They fit like a glove, styling is well integrated for the Sport (they look like a factory option IMHO), all jacking points remain accessible, they are solid as a rock and I was able to fit them with...
  9. explosportguy

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Put on my new snows yesterday. Around $1,650 from Tire Rack including TPMS sensors, mounting, etc, etc. 245/60 Blizzaks on 18x8" American Racing rims. +40mm offset: Works for me.
  10. explosportguy

Please confirm offset spacing for Sport

Thanks Ford4. I put my snows on today. They did fit fine. Just to confirm for Exploman55 (the OP), the offset on my 2015 Xsport wheels is 44mm :
  11. explosportguy

New Update!!!!

Hi Boss, thanks. I ran another set yesterday morn. Couldn't hit the 4.7 again, but I'm consistently under 5.2 so I'm happy. Regarding NY, I agree with your comments versus TX but we have family here and we really like the summer/winter activities available here in the Catskills :). Really...
  12. explosportguy

New Update!!!!

Thanks slicky. That 4.7 was the best of the best, an 'outlier' as the stat guys say. Everything was perfect and the Xsport leaped off of the line. My Xsport is solidly in the lower to mid 5s with v4, however, and that works for me. Tromp and go gets me mid 5s without fail. The lower ambient...
  13. explosportguy

Please confirm offset spacing for Sport

I ordered my American Racing 18x8's for my 245/60 Blizzak snows with a 40mm offset, but that is not the stock offset. I honestly don't remember what I decided the stock offset was. The offset should be stamped on the inside of the wheel. I'd check, but I haven't pulled the 20" Xsport wheels yet...
  14. explosportguy

New Update!!!!

Finally got around to loading and timing the V4 tunes. Transmission up shifts are much more refined than V3 but still nice and firm. Overall, really noticeable improvement in 'driveability' with no loss in performance. Big :thumbsup: for V4. Below are my best V3 and V4 0-60 timings. The runs...
  15. explosportguy

Custom Graphics...Any one have them?

Hi Peter and JMR. I'm one of the guys that added hood graphics along with custom rebadging. Here's the link : https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430151 Not exactly what your looking for, I know. I did add some generic side graphics to our 2006 Pacifica gofer and they...
  16. explosportguy

New Update!!!!

Thanks for the update! No worries. I'm retired now, so I'll run some before and after 0-60 times as soon as the the tunes come in. Much cooler here in upstate NY than Texas, but I'm at about 1,900 feet instead of sea level.
  17. explosportguy

New Update!!!!

Hi Pup, here are the latest dyno runs I could find at the time (see starting from post #13 ). Don't remember if this is v3 or not: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432377
  18. explosportguy

New Update!!!!

V4 update request sent Hi Livernois, I just sent you the email with my info for the V4 update. Can't wait to load it and report back. Best Regards, Fred
  19. explosportguy

Sport Oil questions & Analysis

My oil filler cap and my owners manual call for 5-30 in my 2015 Sport.
  20. explosportguy

2016 Sport Seats

Hi Peter, even if the Platinum is just over 50k, finally people who want the 365hp v6 can get it along with the options they have wanted that have never been available on the Sport. Good to see some Sport DNA in the mainstream explo. Do you know if the Platinum has all the Sport mods or just the...
  21. explosportguy

2016 Sport Seats

Hi Halwg, thanks for checking in :). We'll have to agree to continue to disagree. I am never "snookered" into buying anything. I deeply researched every, and I mean every, seven passenger alternative to the Sport. My shortlist was the Audi Q7, Durango R/T and the Sport. I drove all on my...
  22. explosportguy

2016 Sport Seats

:thumbsup: +1 hardrocktimes, head over to the modified section. You'll find a lot of "like minded" explo sport owners there. Looking forward to seeing you on the dark side :eek:
  23. explosportguy

2016 Sport Seats

Well, I'll respectfully go against the consensus in this thread. If Ford did not have spirited road driving in mind when they designed the Sport then why did they : - stiffen the Sport body structure by 37 percent - give the Sport a quicker steering ratio - lower the suspension and fit sport...
  24. explosportguy

Seat is cracking

Just to say that I do not have any issues with my 2015 Sport leather. I took these pics a few minutes ago with my cell phone (sorry about the quality). At 7 months, 9,085 miles : I use Groit's Garage Leather Care once every couple of months. No care other than that.
  25. explosportguy

About to let my Explorer sit for 5-6 months, Anything i need to do?

+1 on both of the above. Across the last ten years in expatriation I've stored a car and a lot of motorcycles / atvs / offroad karts / etc for a year at a time with no issues. I'm in the 'don't disconnect the battery camp'. YMMV, but for me it would be : 1) full tank of gas 2) 1 year...
Back