Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

cruise control lights not working

I popped off the rubber cover and got the bulb out. The dealer claims he ordered the part # for the Contour bulb, but he was a real dick about doing it. When I went back, he had some giant bulb that wasn't even close. He said he told me so and I need to buy the whole module. :rolleyes...
  2. B

Found on Road Dead! Truck died, now what?

The shop has it diagnosed down to the PCM. I searched the net and found rebuilts for $260, but the shop has had bad experiences with them. I'm biting the bullet and paying $500 for a brand new Ford PCM. They will program it to work with my PATS and keys. I'll know in a few days if this fixes it...
  3. B

I found an ECM at Ford Parts Direct. http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=318&chapter=DP2028&appSectionid=3&groupid=10046&subgroupid=60471&make=10&model=Explorer&year=1999&catalogid=1 Is this the same as a PCM?
  4. B

I just talked to the mechanic. They checked the relays and they have power. The anti-theft light is now blinking and they can't get a connection to the PCM. It sounds like I have to replace both. Anyone know the best place to get them, or are they dealer only?
  5. B

My 1999 Ex 5.O AWD died while driving 40 mph down the road. The check engine light came on and it would not restart. This happened twice before, first time it restarted after a few minutes, second time it restarted right away. This time it had to be towed to the shop. I had them check the fuel...
  6. B

My Exp still has Firestones!!! What should I get to replace them?

:p Don't make the same mistake as me! Get the biggest tire you can fit in it now. I took the Wranglers from the dealer because there were no tires to be found anywhere in the stock size. Now I'm stuck until I wear them out or find a pile of money. If you have any thoughts of filling up the...
  7. B

Newly Installed KKM....Questions

:us: You aren't using the little cold air tube anymore when you pull out the airbox, but the same cold air is hitting your KKM. Also, remove the plastic shield that is in front of the airbox. It only has one bolt and comes right out. It will let a little more cold air in. I thought about trying...
  8. B

:rolleyes: I just got a quick verbal quote from the muffler shop while they worked on my other car. I thought the Flowmaster went for about $60 or $70. I will definitely bring the truck to them and get it on the lift for a solid estimate before we do anything. Did you get alumized pipes and...
  9. B

:cool: I printed an old post from Tbonz on dual exhaust for the 5.0 and took the printout to the exhaust shop. I have a dual in/ single out muffler and single tail pipe from the factory. The muffler shop will put in a dual in/dual out Flowmaster and run dual tailpipes all the way out. They...
  10. B

question for Wisconsinite X owners

No emissions test here either, but I have failed before in Waukesha County for a missing wing nut on the air cleaner. I'm sure the KKM will fail the visual test. You will need to put the stock airbox on for the test. Move to a new county. no reformulated gas in the country either.
  11. B

:) I'll jump in since I installed the KKM on Saturday. I have the 5.0 litre, so it is probably a little different. The supplied bracket fit into an existing hole on the radiator support. You need small fingers to hold the nut inside the support until you get it threaded. No plastic ties needed...
  12. B

Jaos Roof Rack

I haul my mountain bike inside the truck with the seat folded down now. I really liked the Yakima rack until I saw the price. It was over $400 to haul two bikes. Has anyone tried the roof rails from Ford. They are in the catalog for about $99. It looks like they mount right on top of the OEM...
Back