Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Difficult find right parts

I am the original owner... thanks anyway
  2. B

Difficult find right parts

I am in the process of replacing the water temp gauge on the instrument panel of my truck but cannot find the right part. I went to Ford and they gave me the gauge that fits and works but the lights are green. All the lights on my dash panel are blue. However, the light switchs on the doors are...
  3. B

How to: Interior Dome Light LED Conversion (PICs)

That sould not be a problem since I melted the black plastic holder when I replaced it with what was suppose to be the correct bulb. It ended up getting to hot and melted the holder so know the connector fits to loose causing connection problems. Ford caries the holder, but they want $70 for it.
  4. B

Optimum speed for best mileage is 65 MPH?

With all the Mods I have done to my truck here is what I get on the Highway. 50 mph: 25.2 55 mph: 23.6 60 mph: 22.1 65 mph: 20.3 70 mph: 16.2 75 mph: 14.5 It seems anything over 65 mph and my X starts eating gas like crazy
  5. B

Where can i get some TT shackles?

There web site says they are not DOT approved... not sure I would put something on my Explorer that could be a huge safety risk.
  6. B

Help! My lights won't turn off!

Do you have DRL (daytime running lights). It could also be your multifunction switch thats going south. I had the DRL go bad on mine and the lights would not go off so until I could get a new one I had to pull the fuse to turn it off.
  7. B

TCIL light

Yeah, the sad part is the switch is $170.00 from Ford and $141.00 at Autozone. Got one at a salvage yard for $30.00.
  8. B

TCIL light

BrooklynBay you were right. I took the dash panel off and found the dimmer switch had a short in it. I went and bought a new one and all is working again. I still cannot figure out how all the other dash lights worked but the O/D light would not... strange.
  9. B

TCIL light

Dimmer is not the problem since all the other dash lights work normally. Not sure if it's the TCIL switch, or something more serious.
  10. B

TCIL light

I had a strange thing happen to me on the way to work this morning. I was driving to work with my lights on and noticed my O/D light was not illuminated but the transmission was operating normally. When I got to work and turned my light switch off, the O/D light illuminated. When I turned the...
  11. B

Tensioner removal

Ok, not sure where I should ask this question so I am going to place it here. I need to replace both the timing chain tensioners on my SOHC because they are becoming noisy during start-up. I had the 01M01 and 00M12 done by the dealer at 47k miles. I now have 159k miles on the engine so I know...
  12. B

02 ranger daytime running lights

If it's like the Explorers, it should be mounted on the bottom of the radiator support on the drivers side. It's a 4x4x2 inch black module and has about five to ten wires running to it. Mine went bad and the lights would not go out, even with the light switch off and emergency brake applied.
  13. B

DIS Coil

Ok, I replaced the coil on my GF's moms car with the one from my Explorer and the rattling sound went away. I then removed mine and re-installed the one from Autzone. The rattling is back. I was reading an article on the internet last night that low volt in a coil could cause preignition causing...
  14. B

DIS Coil

Yep... went over it with a fine toothed comb. I have a Sceamin Demon coil on my Explorer which carries the the same part number as my GF moms car. So I may try it tomorrow. The engine idles smooth, thats what I don't understand.
  15. B

DIS Coil

Has anyone replaced their DIS coil. The DIS Coil in my girlfriends moms car went out and I replaced it for her with one from Autozone. Now at idle, and, when you accelerate, it pings something... similar to a rattling noise. It never did this before the coil went out so I am baffled to what it...
  16. B

Aftermarket catalytic converters 2004 up?

There are no California certified catalytic converters for California OBDII Explorers. Also, Ford has discontinued the OEM cat so if you live in California and your converter goes out your SOL.
  17. B

Thermostat Housing

Well, It's all finished and I have to say it was a PITA. The O-Ring that I had to replace was the one that connects to the water outlet/thermostat housing to the right cylinder head. This is not the one that seals the thermostat. Three hours of having to take the alternator, pulleys, accessory...
  18. B

Thermostat Housing

Actually, this is the o-ring between the cylinder head and water outlet/thermostat housing unit. Thanks fore the help anyways guys. Hope to tear into it this weekend.
  19. B

Thermostat Housing

Anyone ever replace the thermostat housing gasket that goes between the thermostat housing and the passenger cylinder head. Mine is leaking and needs to replace it. Haynes nor chiltons has information on how to replace the o-ring gasket. I plan on tearing into it this week so any help would...
  20. B

Tuners and Chips

I was thinking about getting either a tuner or a chip for my truck but was unsure if they are CARB certified here in California. Anyone from California have one installed on the Explorer.
  21. B

Aeroforce OBDII Interceptor

Here are a few parameters the Aeroforce monitors. The Interceptor gauge is 52mm (2 1/16") in diameter and will fit in all standard gauge pods of this size. A 5' cable is included with appropriate OBD2 connector. A splitter cable is included with the dual Interceptor units. An integrated super...
  22. B

It does not monitor fuel pressure, but it does monitor trans temp. One feature I really like is that it shows fuel economy. It's very accurate with my other gauges.
  23. B

Ok, it just arrived in the mail yesterday and installed it last night. So far the only thing that it does not monitor is banks three and four (catalytic converter efficiency). I will see how it does on the way to work this morning. So far, I like it.
  24. B

Hood Modification

Anyone know how to install hood pins, or ever installed them on their vehicle. I have seen them on Mustangs and F-150s, but was not sure how difficult they were to install. I have read several articles and the install looks straight forward. I think they would look great on my Explorer... what...
  25. B

From what I have read it does display trans temp. I ordered one a few days ago and will let you know what it monitors.
Back