Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

TRANSMISION 4r70w awd swap Aode 2wd

I paid 184. That was at pick n pull in Los Angeles. $234. If I had wanted a warranty. It was the weekend and when i got it home they were closed. The drive shaft was to long and I didnt have the money for it anyway, so..... No one said it "couldnt" work if the shaft was cut. I cut it and the...
  2. T

All I have left is to plug it in. I will let you know how it goes. I am off to work though so it wont be till tonite. Thanks. :)
  3. T

Im using the 2wd tranny out of the mountaineer and the transfer case that was in my explorer. I wanted to keep awd. The transfer case bolted up. I just cut the shaft on the transmission. I was told this would work. Now Im having some doubts. Do I have to convert to 2wd in order to get up and...
  4. T

Hi. Thanks for the help. Could you elaborate more on the spliced pigtail. You wouldnt happen to have a wiring diagram? This is my first time doing this so I really do appreciate you taking the time. Thanks so much, Mary
  5. T

I have a 96 explorer xlt awd. Has v8 in it and a 4R70W tranny. I pulled the tranny and the only one available to me was a 99 mountaineer 2wd AODE which also has a V8. It bolted up fine. And shortened the shaft and bolted my ttansfer case back in. From what I read its the same tranny just a...
  6. T

I need 4r70w transmission interchange info.

Can you tell me where in the forum I can contact the member you mentioned that has done this swap, you refer to him by Section 525? Thank you
  7. T

Can I swap my 96 Explorer 4 R 70 w all-wheel drive transmission 4 99 Mountaineer aode 2 wheel drive transmission? Do I have to change the PCM or is it just a wiring issue and what about the DTRS. I shortened the drive shaft and I'm using the original transfer case am I doing this correctly?
Back