Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

Thanks Peter I will try that. Sorry for the late reply as I away and did not need to drive the car. Came back yesterday and that dreaded air bag light was waiting for me...
  2. H

I also have a 2012 ford explorer base model, initially for my son but for the last year or so the drivers side air bag light has come on and off, so wife tells me the only one driving in that car is myself , alone !!! I have had the dealership fix it three times saying that the connectors had...
  3. H

UPDate: Took to dealer and they diagnostic and 400 bucks later 1.4 hrs and som eletrical grease light was off.... Today woke up started car and light back on, ruined my whole day...... So back to the dealer fo a this issue, they just had it for three days on a different issue !!!!!!
  4. H

I also have a 2012 explorer and my drivers side air bag light comes on and off for almost a year now. I can't tell how much I have paid out of pocket in the last two years as I have 90k miles and out of warranty. Last time a ford rep from here called me and my dealer and helped me when my PTU...
  5. H

PTU Problems

Hi Crystal, Thanks for the welcome and yes I am scheduled to have it repaired on Saturday 21st at the dealership. I sent you a PM with the info you requested. Many thanks in advance, Darrin
  6. H

PTU Problems

Thanks Peter, I have a 2012 Ford explorer and I just called the service advisor for more details . Thanks for the info as the price he quoted for the PTU was $880.00 and $562.00 for Labor (about 4.5hrs). Strange as i asked him where it was leaking as I was thinking, as Jeff alluded to...
  7. H

PTU Problems

Thanks Jeff59rt1 for the quick reply and you got me thinking as things I should have ask the rep. I'm not sure where it is leaking and also not sure if the price was for replacing the PTU or repairing. All he told me was the PTU was leaking starting to grind and the cost to fix. Every question...
  8. H

PTU Problems

Hello All, Just took my 2012 ford explorer to dealer for the works: oil change , tire rotation etc... Took 2 ½ hours as the service rep came back with a slew of problems. Among the most expensive was 1300.00 to fix a leaking PTU... Funny as I just had the car serviced there within 3...
Back