Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. RobbyAz

Travel Link

Yeah, I do believe there is a setting in the configuration to show traffic and incidents. I'm working with Sync 2 w/ Navigation so I'm sure my settings are different. I know mine will show as crash icon or shovel icon for accidents and construction respectively.
  2. RobbyAz

Travel Link

Hey Peter, here in U.S., Ford does offer the 5 year travel link on the MyFordTouch equipped vehicles, however it does not state that on the Window Sticker and anywhere in the manual that I am aware of. The only reason I know I have it on my Ex and my F-150 is because I have an active...
  3. RobbyAz

15-16 MPG? Is something wrong?

I don't know that comparing a 2018 Platinum Explorer to a 1987 Jeep Cherokee is a good comparison. Some statistics on the Jeep, I-6 4.0 was 177 HP and the overall curb weight is 3357 lbs. The Explorer with the 3.5 Ecoboost TT has 365 HP and an overall curb weight of 4901 lbs. With almost 200...
  4. 20200114_110437

20200114_110437

5. 20190306_110556

20190306_110556

Center Stack, 2015 Limited
  6. RobbyAz

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Well, I finally had a chance to change the trim pieces on the center stack with the ones from a Platinum. I wanted to thank Rainlord for the guidance. It made the swap out much easier. Here are a few Photos: Before: Left Side Installed: Both Sides Installed: Pretty happy with the...
  7. RobbyAz

License plate LED interference

Hey Mekks, I have LED replacements in my license plate lights and I get a little interference on my back-up camera as well. Mine isn't bad, just a little flicker once in awhile, but no real distortion. Just for giggles, I put the incandescent bulbs back in and the flicker/interference went...
  8. RobbyAz

LED fog lamp upgrade?

Hey Eltee, I am pretty sure the fog light lenses are suppose to be clear. They are anyway on my '15. If you have some car wax, I would try that first to see if it cleans up the lenses. I have a buddy that has a 2005 Santa Fe and his headlight lenses always cloud up. I help him with oil...
  9. RobbyAz

Fuel tank range question / DTE

My understanding on the DTE figure based on the my Explorer, my F-150 and my sister's focus, is the calculation is adjusted based on the fuel usage over 30 minute time frames. On the Explorers with the dual screen instrument panel, fuel usage history can be displayed under the fuel economy...
  10. RobbyAz

Are 22"s too big?

Hey Will, You might want to look at member JETZ on here. I believe he is running the 22's off the Edge Sport with 285/40/22's. I saw a picture of his rig (on here) with them and they look really good, and the 285/40's stay under the 3% height difference avoiding impacts on braking, steering...
  11. RobbyAz

Disappointed With Ford Sevice

I certainly hear what you are saying texasrancher. The dealer I bought my EX from touts being the largest in sales in Arizona. Their service is terrible. I think part of the issue too is that many of the dealers don't have mechanics, they have "techs." As an example, my dad had a 2013...
  12. RobbyAz

Disappointed With Ford Sevice

Like what was mentioned earlier, each dealership is independently owned so the experience at each of them is bound to differ. I, for instance, will not longer take my EX to my purchasing dealer after they told me I needed new tires because mine where "out of date." This was lie and the tread...
  13. RobbyAz

I am with you on that Peter. I do not like smoked or painted taillights, especially here in the southwest. If you are behind a vehicle with smoked or painted lenses, and the sun is behind you (sun light is hitting the back of the vehicle in front of you), the taillights/brake lights are...
  14. RobbyAz

Thanks Peter, Yeah, I looked all over trying to find something, searched the forum with "Center Stack," "Interior Trim," and a couple of others and came up with nothing. So I thought I would throw up a post and see if someone remembers. I'm going to keep looking. ;)
  15. RobbyAz

I was wondering if anyone here has swapped the trim pieces on either side of the center stack with ones from a platinum. I like the platinum trim a better then the silver in my Limited. I have found the pieces on Ebay for a reasonable price and was wondering if anyone else has done the swap...
  16. RobbyAz

2013 Limited Headlights

Well, looking on bulbfacts.com, they actually test bulbs and have some recommendations for LED replacements for projector style headlights. They list the Katana kit from amazon or the Hikari Ultras, giving the Hikari kits their top rating with a beam pattern as "very good in projectors"...
  17. RobbyAz

2016 Explorer seat mysteriously moves all the way forward

Yep, I have seen the setting in the info display on my '15 Limited, just haven't looked through the company's '16 XLT to see if its there.
  18. RobbyAz

2016 Explorer seat mysteriously moves all the way forward

It's funny, have a 2016 XLT here at work and it doesn't have the memory seats and the easy entry/exit is off (if it even has it) but once in awhile, we come out to find the driver's seat is moved all the way forward and all the way up. Since my '15 doesn't do that, I've written it off as this...
  19. RobbyAz

Used OEM backup camera installed, shows very grainy/squiggly, video link provided.

Yeah Peter, it was odd. I had at first had a set from Daytime Bright Lights they sent when I upgraded my puddle lights. Those didn't bother the camera at all. But one burned out and I put a different set in and that's when I started having a slight issue with the camera. I had the camera...
  20. RobbyAz

Are all 5th gen hoods the same?

I would be willing to bet they are interchangeable. The front lip measures the same. They did change the center indentation, but thinking that was part of the facelift done on the 2016 MY. If you look at a side view, the hood cuts in right on the upper body line on both the 2011 - 15 and the...
  21. RobbyAz

Used OEM backup camera installed, shows very grainy/squiggly, video link provided.

Hey bt1987, was wondering if you have LED's for your license plate lights. I replaced the bulbs on mine with LED's and since doing so, my camera breaks up a little as well, although not quite as bad as yours. After some research, I was able to determine my issue is the LED's, but its not...
  22. RobbyAz

2013 Limited Headlights

I can confirm this. The Limited's in the U.S. came factory with Halogens unless it had the 302A/303A option group even through 2015 MY. My EX has the HID's (302A Option group). Shortly after I got it, my company run up to Vegas for a trade show. We had a 2015 EX Limited 300A as a rental and...
  23. RobbyAz

2019 Explorer XLT without exhaust tips

Wondering if the difference is that base XLT has the down spout exhaust, but if you get the sport appearance package or the desert copper package you get chrome tips? Notice in the pictures in post # 3 the "Explorer" badging on the lift gate was in graphite from the sports appearance package as...
  24. RobbyAz

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Thought I would post and update. I finally had a moment and installed the Hood Letters on my Limited. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. Here's a before and after picture:
  25. RobbyAz

HID Headlights

From what I remember when buying my '15, HID's came as an upgrade with the 302a option group on the limited. The base limited and the 301a option group did not include the HID's here in the States, although I suppose someone could have special ordered an explorer with HID's that didn't have the...
Back