Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Ranger leafs w/ SOA on X?

I am looking to mount a Spring Over Axle on my 92 XLT, mostly for purposes of ground clearance under the axle. I have heard that ranger leaf springs can be used to lower an explorer. This would make sense in that most ranger come equipped with leaf springs on top of the rear axle, and explorer...
  2. B

small lift

Is anyone interested in the Skyjacker 2" lift. I think it is pisser. Of course the problem arises of allignment and out of whack camber, but i would expect a similar problem with the coil spacers. I got the kit for $180 from rockymountainsusp.com, this is lift coil springs and add-a-leafs...
  3. B

Flowmaster

Flowmaster, delta 50 series. Nice sound, not too loud, pretty throaty, have been wondering if i should've grabbed the 40 series, ( the louder one). 2 1/4 in and out, i got mine for 80$ from summit, had them pricematch, and got free shipping. I had previously bought a tail pipe without a...
  4. B

Leaf Spring Over Axle

I can't find any old threads, (or at least im tired of looking, so im gonna ask), I'm currently running a 92 expl. with 2" skyjacker coils in front and add a leaf in the back. I think its time to get those spring plates out of the way. I was wondering if anyone had run a leaf over with just a...
  5. B

i beam drop brackets

Yeah. $160 for a pair of axle drop brackets designed for 1.5-2.5 inches of lift. Brackets come with adjustable camber bushings. I saw these in JC Whitney. I believe they are made by Tough Country. Good Luck, you might be able to adjust the camber on your balljoints, taking out the stud and...
  6. B

Taking Starter Apart

After an AutoZone starer failed on me and recieved a refund instead of a new one, i opted for a junkyard starter, (50 bucks, cost of core, no loss).. This lasted a couple months, then i started getting the notorious click.. tappin it with a hammer would get it to turn.. anyway i decided to take...
  7. B

Bad Front Differential? Help Please!

I am very curious to an outcome. I believe the same thing happened to me. Mine occured being a drunken ass getting stuck in the snow.. i was in four lo, trying to get er unstuck, basically the drivers side front wheel would intermittenly stop spinning. and making an awful whining noise...
  8. B

2" Skyjacker coils drop brack vs. camber bushings

I installed the 2" skyjacker front coils, and rear add a leafs. I have seen many people installing new camber shims for the offset balljoints, i have not read of anyone using drop brackets for the front axle arms. i found a set of drop brackets with adjustable studs for roughly $90. (I am...
  9. B

2" lift kit question

I installed the 2" skyjacker. Definitely happy with my purchase.. Do the radius arm bushings the same time if you can. I just installed a couple months ago. Im about to buy some drop brackets. i don't think that my camber can be adjusted enough through an allignment. any thoughts? (i...
  10. B

Poll: How long has your A4LD Lasted?

92 xlt, got mine at 56k, just got mine rebuilt at 120k, but also beat the bag out of it for a while. My first problem was getting stuck on the trails in the snow. I grabbed my girlfriends K5 blazer to pull it out, my friend was in my explorer. He was absolutely whailin on my tranny...
  11. B

92 EB Out of Ideas

Similar stuff happened to me, not quite similar, but i would need a jump every time i started it. battery wouldn't hold a charge. The battery was only 8 months old, it failed. So i cashed in on warranty, and problem solved.
  12. B

Noisy Fuel Pump

For all interested... My 92 explorer has had a 'whiny' fuel pump for two years now. The first mechanic told me not to take in on the highway, failure was eminent. They are notorious for it. IN January i drove it from Massachusetts to Florida, by the end of the trip the fuel pump was...
  13. B

tranny reverse engages, drive dont, help..

92 XLT automatic 4 wheel 115000 miles in about mid august i blew my seal at the torque converter which resulted in about 5 quarts of fluid pissing out. The whole process took place going 70 on the highway at about 4 in the morning. After putting 5 quarts of ATF in the tranny it was...
Back