Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Having problems replacing serpentine belt

Good day folks, My serpentine belt broke while I was just down the road from my house, so luckily I was able to get it home with no damage to the vehicle or getting it towed. I have a brand new serpentine belt and a serpentine belt tool, and I have the belt following the correct path, But...
  2. 2

Driver door moved forward

Funny thing that walmart lol. I was working there at the time. I figured tire and lube would be an easy oil change after my shift. After that accident, I had all sorts of problems from managers until I left. They claimed that the cameras needed repair and that there was no report filed with them...
  3. 2

That's what it may be. Before my wife and I got the truck, that fender was bent a good bit by an accident that the previous owner had been in. I didn't consider that might be part of the problem. It hadn't been an issue until the wind blew the door forward. I wish that I could take photos as...
  4. 2

Hey folks, A couple of months ago I had an issue with a Walmart tire and lube in which they pulled my truck backwards while the driver door was open and it hit a pole, and the door itself was moved forward. In other words, the door hinges became misaligned. I followed the instructions that I...
  5. 2

gear shift repaired but only moves between R and 3rd Gear

After trying to figure it out for a couple of days, I ended up taking it to a shop in Pooler Ga. It turns out that a part within the steering column had broken along with the original Steering Column Assembly. It may in fact have been the part within the steering column locking up (when it...
  6. 2

gear shift repaired but only moves between R and 3rd Gear

Hey folks, So this past Thursday my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4's gear shift broke off. Thanks to the forums here I found a replacement part (Dorman 905-104) and I was able to put in the new part after following the instructions on page 8 of the Thread "Gear Shift Broke Off In Hands". Part of...
  7. 2

Gear Shift Broke Off in Hands!!!

Not good... Okay, I got a dremel and got everything apart just fine Except, I found that a black covered electrical wire from the very top of the steering column, above the top blue switch, had somehow broken just about at it's connector. Secondly, I had everything else going back together...
  8. 2

Interestingly enough, I ordered the dorman 905-104 part from amazon and then realized that there was no dremel tool at my home anymore so I ordered a new one a few hours later, also from amazon. The dorman part got here yesterday but the dremel said that amazon transferred the package to the...
  9. 2

Folks, once again I am so thankful for Explorer Forums. I have not gotten the Dorman piece yet and I know this is an older thread but this happened to my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT last night as I was getting in the truck to go to work at 9:40pm lol. What a time to break. Anyhow, I just got off of...
  10. 2

Electrical Issue

Hi Folks, My 2002 explorer 4x4 xlt worked fine to get me to the gym Saturday night but as I tried to leave, the Theft light came on and the engine would not crank. Eventually I got it to crank, after disconnecting the battery on three different tries and finally lowering the steeling wheel...
  11. 2

Additional Key question and anti-theft question

Hi folks, Two days ago my 2002 ford explorer xlt got me to the gym just fine but as I was leaving it would not crank and the theft light rapidly flashed. I got it to start by removing the negative cable from the battery for 15 minutes and then after putting the negative cable back on but...
  12. 2

2002 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0L 6Cyl-will start but almost immediately cuts off

Sorry, I had multiple issues all going on at the same time and I posted that it was finalky fixed in the last thread. The fuel gauge read a full tank but as it turns out, after all of that work.....i replaced the fuel pump with a newer model and lo and behold the fuel gauge wasn't reading right...
  13. 2

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0L 6cyl->Where are the fuel injectors?

Thanks plasticseng. I tested the fuel injectors and they were all good. Want to hear a good dunce moment? A Jeff Foxworthy's Here's Your Sign Moment??? Hopefully you'll get a great laugh. So after changing out the Alternator, Starter, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and Battery and buying Fuel Pressure...
  14. 2

I haven't had the chance to work on the truck over the past couple of days due to family issues and tomorrow and the next day are my wife's birthday and our anniversary so again I won't get to touch the truck. I have a mechanic telling me not to open the manifold unless the three fuel injectors...
  15. 2

Correct, no codes at all. I read yesterday morning that fuel injectors can throw several different codes or even none at all. At this point, it seems like it could be anything and that worries me.
  16. 2

Thank you very much. So I have to pull off the manifold. In answer to your question, yes. I have tried everything that has been posted so far to my threads, and that's not just talk. I really have tried everything mentioned so far. This truck was great before it stopped running. Now I wish that...
  17. 2

Hiya folks, This explorer and I are going all the way to the beyond it seems to find why it won't start. It will crank but but start. Anyhow, the next step that I am trying is to test the fuel injectors...the only catch is that I can't see them anywhere. I checked the haynes manual and to be...
  18. 2

I am going to retest the spark plugs after dark.
  19. 2

I just removed the IAC and cleaned it using throttle body cleaner, and I also tested the spark plugs and I have spark although I could not tell it the spark was igniting at even intervals. Some sparks were bright and, if any were really there, others were very hard to see. I may have simply not...
  20. 2

I keep hearing a lot of different things. On Edmunds site, a ton of people with various Explorers have this same problem but no one actually comes back and says that they were able to diagnose the problem and fix it. Some said that it could be the Idle Air Bypass Valve... could that be it? I...
  21. 2

Strangely enough, No. No codes came up on the OBD2 scanner at all. In fact, I tried to scan several different times.
  22. 2

Hi Folks, First off, Thanks to everyone of you that have helped me get the truck to this stage. It has been almost two months of not being able to drive anywhere but the help from fellow forumers has been outstanding. Background: the truck was running fine, no forewarning issues at all, until...
  23. 2

2002 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT 4.0L 6cyl SOHC->Engine not getting gas

Well lo and behold, I turned the key in the ignition and it turned over and started to crank. I tried this several times and one time, it actually ran for about 10 seconds before cutting off. Most of the time, it would cut off right after the engine would start. So, I turned the key to On and...
  24. 2

I have been searching for "how to" pages and videos on how to test the vacuum hoses but they all mention having the truck running when you test. My truck will only "try" to start, without getting gas, it's not going to run. Can I still do a vacuum test somehow?
  25. 2

I have been unable to check the forums for a few days due to the hurricane, tropical storm that passed through our area much less work on the truck but now here we go again ) . I read on the forums that I need to check the pcv valve and the vacuum hoses next since it may be a vacuum problem...
Back