Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

looking for 98 wiring diagram.

anyone have and updated login/password?? I could sure use this right now.
  2. W

Using factory sub amp harness on new amp with aftermarket HU

In my ride I have a factory amp and sub I'm upgrading, the question is can I just use the factory wiring on that sub, with some customization, and save running new wires. The power wire and remote wire are already ran and in place from the factory. The stock audio was mono, so my question is...
  3. W

I'm upgrading the factory amp, and each speaker requires to wires (technically since audio is an AC signal, it's a hot and ground)(in RCAs its a shield and center core, the shield being ground). Maybe an image to describe what I'm wanting to try would help. I know TECHNICALLY it will work, but...
  4. W

Thanks for all the info, it clears a lot up. I can run RCAs and am not against it, I was just trying to save myself from doing it if thr existing wiring would work. In my thinking, since there are two wires for audio (pos and neg) already ran, I could use a Y-adapter into those wires creating a...
  5. W

I have a 00 Mounty with the MACH system and I'm wanting to upgrade the factory sub, amp and HU. I've ordered an 8" sub, a small 200 watt amp and a new HU to replace the factory stuff. My situation is that I want to do as little wiring as possible. Crutchfield recommends this harness (even...
  6. W

EATC Trouble shooting

Hey guys, I'm kindof in a tough spot. I bought a 00 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD and it has EATC. When I bought it the person I bought it from said it needed the blend door and had the door. When I went in to replace it I noticed the door seemed fine but the actuator was gone and someone had cut the...
  7. W

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

If it makes any difference, I don't have a temperature knob, I have the red and blue buttons to set the temperature. I also have rear air.
  8. W

It was a good day. I've found a harness, the only problem now is that I think it's from a newer explorer as the wire colors are different. This is what I have in my 00 mounty 5.0: It appears to be brown(purple?)/white, dark green, green/orange, orange, and orange/black This is the harness I...
  9. W

Hey everyone. I'm new here, just bought a 00 Mountaineer on Thursday. The previous owner said it needed the blend door replaced and even bought the door. Well, I got in there today and the door is fine, but the actuator itself is missing... not that big of a deal, actually happy that it's a...
  10. W

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Hey everyone. I'm new here, just bought a 00 Mountaineer on Thursday. The previous owner said it needed the blend door replaced and even bought the door. Well, I got in there today and the door is fine, but the actuator itself is missing... not that big of a deal, actually happy that it's a...
Back