Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

PO171 Code with random rough idle

Your not looking for a vacuum leak. I can suggest base on the fuel trim that it is a fuel delivery issue. Could just be a loose connector of one of the injector in bank 1 or a clogged injector an try mixing a bottle of injector cleaner in your fuel tank like stp multipurpose or techtron as per...
  2. F

Help needed with leak

If you are sure it is not coming from the sunroof, you have to apply sealant to all the bolts that hold your roof rail. It means you have to remove it literally. Mine had almost ruin my double din and nav.
  3. F

PO171 Code with random rough idle

What is your initial reading on STFT on both banks when you got 8-11 on LTFT? So adding those fuel trims together will determine which banks is running lean. Have you confirm the lean condition while increasing the rpm? Basically if the fuel trim goes near zero then it is a vacumm leak but if it...
  4. F

turn key and nothing

Before dumping parts on your exploder, check first your battery terminal for corrosion. Make sure it"s clean and tightly secured.
  5. F

P0171 & P0174 - Help Identifying Hoses 06 4.0

The first photo is the vacuum hose for your evap purge valve solenoid which you were pointing at and the second is the vacuum hose for the positive crankcase vetilation. Check the vacuum hose going to the brake booster, it maybe loose and just needed a clamp.
  6. F

Dash warning lights all coming on randomly

Im assuming that you have checked the battery voltage while you start the engine, it should be atleast 10v but 11v higher is better. Mine failed 16months and never had a hard start issue but it did this symptoms 4weeks after it finally gave up. I didnt took the replacement battery but switched...
  7. F

Mis-Fire

One way to confirm the misfire on cylinder#5 is to pull the wire while engine is running. If it has the same idle when plugged and unplugged than it is confirmed misfire. So you have to confirm again if you're missing spark or fuel. Remove the spark plug to see if it soaked with fuel or not. If...
  8. F

Unmaintained Explorer 2006 - what to do 1st?

Belt tensioner radiator flush change tranny fluid and filter control arms spark plug and wires replace bypass hose from thermostat fuel filter (add techtron injection cleaner to gas tank before replacing)
  9. F

Dash warning lights all coming on randomly

It is the battery that make all these symptoms. Usually when alternator fail it will just stall or wont start the engine.
  10. F

Power steering flush.

There's only two hose connected to the reservior, bigger hose is always the return line. Its up to you if you follow the #7 post. My post is also a factory procedure, infact the first procedure. Goodluck
  11. F

Power steering flush.

Sorry for the delay, bottom hose(thin)will always be the supply, you'll have to remove the hose that is connected on the side of the reservior and cover that part with some rubber to prevent the reservior from leaking fluid.
  12. F

Power steering flush.

Make sure reservior is full and return hose is unplugged(connected to a clear hose for drain) then start the engine and immediately full turn to left then shut the engine off. Manually turn the steering to straight position(much easier when car is jacked up) and fill again the reservior to...
  13. F

5R55S Transmission service maintenance interval

Rear diff fluid can be changed until you reached 200k . And for transmission i would not attemp on flushing it since metal debris might end up blocking in your solenoid switch or valve body. Servicing it every 30k is reasonable if you are towing but normal driving do it every 50k with filter...
  14. F

2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer Overheating

Is ur PCM has been updated to GCC specs? It is a bad idea to install an electric fan right next to the fan clutch which may interfere with its rotation since it is controlled by the pcm. You could have installed an auxillary fan for the condenser to minimize the stress of the AC compressor at...
  15. F

Does 2007 4.0 explorer have an IAC?

Could be your trans is running low on fluid that explains why you seem to have a rough idle. You can feel the shake most on driver seat or underneath like a pulse or something. How did you drain you fluid?
  16. F

Coolant overflow tank not draining?

Change your radiator cap, i just dealt with mine lately. The upper radiator hose kinda like squeezed.
  17. F

tps testing

I'll give you the reference value for all the sensor later. Im here in the middle east for a vacation and obviously its early morning here. Give me sometime, I'll get back to you.
  18. F

tps testing

Here is the link from a previous post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309410 tps is 1 or maybe 12 possibilities that wrench light is on. I believe you can't replace tps alone since it is included in your ETB. If you have driveabilty issues, then it maybe a transmission...
  19. F

HELP!! Transmission jerking! Need direction!

Wow. Why didn't you tell him this earlier instead of wasting time waiting for someone to pitch in.
  20. F

High mileage maintenance advice for 06 V8?

Change rear and front differential fluid, tranfer case fluid, p.steering fluid, brake fluid, cleaning the throttle body and maf and replacing the air filter, amen to that. check also the serpentine belt for crack. But pcv and o2 sensor i'll disagree. But it wont hurt replacing it, i just dont...
  21. F

2010 transfercase fluid

Yes, motorcraft Mercon V.
  22. F

HELP!! Transmission jerking! Need direction!

Checked you 4WABS module if the connector is loose or corroded. It located under the battery and can only be reach lying down under. This happened to me after bringing my ex for detailing. Be careful though when trying to check it, it is made all of plastic. I broke the clip when i try to fix it...
  23. F

p062c

Never dealt with this issue but I'm aware this is not a MIL for TPS or throttle body itself. P062C internal module vehicle speed performance error. Your concern would either be: 1. Module communications network 2. Output shaft speed sensor or turbine shaft speed sensor 3. ABS sensor. you might...
  24. F

2006 4.0 L Drive Belt problems

Is this the part number you bought? Motorcraft 8620(JK6-865-A). If this belt appears to be little bit longer than the old one, then you might consider replacing your tensioner as I said earlier.
  25. F

Antifreeze on top of engine

Dont pull the sensor. You cant see the leak if it is the bottom gasket of the housing and is only leaking from behind. Could also the lower housing is warp.
Back