Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Fuel Pump Not Running 01 5.0 AWD

The pressure hovers anywhere from 50-60 PSI when it’s coaxed into running. I’ve considered the regulator inside the tank having failed or being sticky from sitting. It’s seeming like if it ever makes some fuel pressure, it runs. As for checking the lines it’s mostly to verify no flow, before...
  2. R

I did when I replaced the pump following purchasing the car, since I keep the filters on hand 24/7, being I own four V8 Explorers currently.
  3. R

Okay so update as promised. Investigated all the grounds on the car, and they're mint condition (southern car since new), then double tested relays, and all the appropriate fuses, which also were good. Big thanks for the wiring schematics, they helped a great deal with finding the grounds and...
  4. R

I verified the relay to be good, and swapped with another known good one. It emits an audible click when the ignition is switched on. I’m going to take the schematics for the grounds and check them to make sure they’re all good, since I do believe based off replies there’s a ground issue.
  5. R

Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears most of the power and grounding is done through the PCM and inertia switch, so I'll replace that switch and go from there and report back with my findings. I'm hoping that the PCM isn't the issue, due to this being a PATS car. If it is I'll be learning...
  6. R

I plan to probably replace it with a known good one out of my parts car in testing. The parts car was a roll over and still runs and drives so I'm sure it's good. The button is pressed down and the light is NOT on in the dash.
  7. R

Yes, no pressure. It has normal fuel pressure when coaxed into running, verified that. The injectors crossed my mind but it runs perfect once warmed up, dead smooth with no hesitation or issues. No CEL, no codes. The bulb is blown so I verified the codes weren't pending or set. I'm inclined to...
  8. R

Okay so I've been a member here a while and learned my way around pretty well but I'm scratching my head at the moment. I bought a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT, 5.0 AWD, that's been off the road since 2013. The fuel pump doesn't work, so I replaced it with a known good one. The pump still does not...
  9. R

Replacing 5.0 battery cables

I will, no luck even in my surplus searching but I frequent higher end junkyards so I'm hoping to turn up a set. I'd go the copper lug route on this one but they've been shortened a mile already and need it again.
  10. R

Bump. Does anybody have a set they’d part with? I’m well aware I can make a set but I want the OEM finish if possible.
  11. R

So I’m back, again, with a similar thread to my last one. I picked up another Explorer recently, a 2001 with the 5.0 V8. It of course needs battery cables. I’d have a set made but I’m doing a small resto project on it so OEM, even used, with the OEM ends still on would be nice. I tried finding...
  12. R

Battery Cable Part Number 5.0

Yeah I know about the difference between sets, and I actually scored a clean set of 96 cables a while back for the 96 I'm redoing. I kinda play bingo with these things anymore but know my way around okay. I accept I likely won't get a set of cables but was curious if anybody had the number to...
  13. R

That's what I figured, I'm just hoping to avoid a trip down there. I'm amazed it's not in the service manual anywhere I've found. I tried calling, got left on hold and nobody ever came back. I've been trying to stockpile parts lately, some stuff is impossible to find. Willow Green interior parts...
  14. R

I'm looking for the OEM part number for the 5.0 battery cables for a 99-01 5.0 V8. Used cables around here are all trashed when the junkyards get them and I have a 140K mile engine I'm cleaning up for a project and would like a set of OEM cables. I've found several places to get the cables, but...
  15. R

96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 Log

Yeah I’d found a beautiful set of Limited door panels in mint condition for my 01 Eddie Bauer, went back the next day to get them and someone had busted all four speaker grilles out and broke the wood on one. That was so disappointing. I didn’t need them but they sure were pretty
  16. R

99 Explorer Sport Crank No Start

Yeah I will be too. Amazes me still we replaced the pump and that made it worse instead of better. I’m hoping to work on it some more today, shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. At least it’s not a SOHC with the timing chains to worry with.
  17. R

Yeah I feel sure it’s simple. It’d help if it didn’t rain around here all the time lately. All it’s done for six months at least twice a week is rain in the afternoons.
  18. R

96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 Log

Yeah I was amazed to find an early 97. Here they’re nonexistent. I’m going to start pulling it tomorrow, if it quits raining. I haven’t got any immediate plans for it but I have almost no 96 V8 parts so I’m glad to have it coming. My 96 is the first V8 96 I’ve seen around here in near a year...
  19. R

96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 Log

So I found the battery cables...in a 97 with a 201K mile engine. They're also hooked to the engine that I'm pulling for $150 with the harness and PCM. Truck doesn't run but is a rot bucket so I'll have another V8 for a various project. It's a early 97 best I can tell so should be GT40s. Motor...
  20. R

This isn't my car so I'm weary of throwing many of my parts at it. I have a parts SOHC engine around here somewhere, everything else is V8 except for a 96 XLT which runs perfect so I'm trying to leave that alone. Now if it was a V8 I have a ton of parts. We ran out of daylight before I could...
  21. R

So a good friend of mine has a 99 Sport, 232K miles on it, 4.0 OHV 2WD. He bought it for $200 non running and when he got it home we managed to get it running. It ran poorly though, showed low fuel pressure and the exhaust was quick to glow red and backfire. We put a pump in it today and now it...
  22. R

96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 Log

Yeah I'm hoping the 96 I'm looking at for a parts donor has good OEM ends. It apparently was a ride and drive truck and the shop it's at fudged the water pump install. It's AWD and a pretty good looker but all I get is a bill of sale. It's supposed to have good cats and all on it, so it'll be...
  23. R

96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 Log

So I’ve been busy but I’ve gotten progress made. Every light on the entire car works and it barely leaks anything at all. I have a question though for those who have parts on here. Anybody got a set of battery cables for a 96 5.0 with the OEM ends on them in good shape? This car has been...
  24. R

4R70W Interchange Question

Okay that makes sense. Looks like me and the guy I got it from both benefitted this go round. He’s on his way to find himself an appropriate trans now. Ah well, it’ll be on the shelf should I need it or the guts out of it. I’d imagine the internals would transfer into an SBF bolt pattern case...
  25. R

4R70W Interchange Question

Double post but since it’s probably relevant, the numbers off the transmission are PKE-BD2, 1R3P-7000-BA, 063482. It came up on Google as a mod motor trans, the guy didn’t know squat about it other than the car was rolled it was in and his buddy gave it to him.
Back