Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

'06 Explorer Oil Light On

It is on the drivers side of the engine. I had an absurd time trying to get it off. Had to take wheel off and a lot of the plastic panels under the car. Only this winter will tell if that was my issue.
  2. V

Front end whirr and vibration when accelerating

I have a 2006 Explorer and have a humming/roaring noise that is most noticable betwen 40-55 MPH. I had the front wheel bearings replaced and it didn't change it at all. I am now told it is in the front differential. They want almost $1800 to rebuild. I am getting a credit for the one bearing as...
  3. V

So my 2006 Explorer is making a roaring sound that is distinct from about 40 MPH to 55 MPH. Both...

So my 2006 Explorer is making a roaring sound that is distinct from about 40 MPH to 55 MPH. Both front wheel bearings have been replaced and the sound is coming from the front end. The shop says its in the front differential. Can anyone tell me what in the differential could cause this as they...
  4. V

Shopping for an Explore..

The tow package has the hitch installed and there will be two types of electrical connectors to its left. Just make sure you have a mechanic you trust look over it before you buy it.
  5. V

I picked up the switch today and will install it tomorrow. Ill let you know what happens. I think I may run some Seafoam through the thing as well. Gas mileage has been very poor for a while and it seems some people swear by the stuff.
  6. V

I looked on line and it looks like some people call it just the oil pressure switch. It looks like for the 4.0 its threaded to screw into the block maybe with a plastic shroud for the wire harness to plug into.
  7. V

Davidm53 I appreciate that. Yes, the oil level and weight is good. I will look into that oil sending unit. Any way to tell if it is bad or is it so cheap might as well just replace it and see what happens?
  8. V

My 06 Explorer has 92K miles on it. Over the winter I noticed that on start up in the cold the oil light stayed on. When it first happened I shut the car off immediately. I asked my wife (who drives the car) if she had seen this and she said it does it but if you drive it for a few minutes it...
Back