Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Aside from your '11-'16, What is your "other" car/truck

For the past 30 years I have driven this '83 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 in the non-Winter months: And for the past 17 years my wife has driven this '92 Mazda Miata MX-5 in the non-Winter months:
  2. W

No Key Detected

Well, it appears that both batteries became weak simultaneously. I replaced the old batteries with new in both key fobs and the vehicle now starts right up with either fob. Thanks!
  3. W

No Key Detected

The issue occurs with both fobs. Having only owned this Explorer since 3/28/15 I haven't yet changed the battery nor have I any knowledge if the previous owner changed it or not. It wouldn't seem likely to be a battery issue if it happens with both fobs, would it?
  4. W

No Key Detected

About a month ago I had my '11 Explorer Limited at my local dealer to have the "Shift To Park" issue addressed, they also updated the Navigation system at the same time. Since then when I go to start the vehicle after it's been sitting for a few hours (like overnite) it'll show "No Key...
  5. W

Sync NAV Upgrade

A6, I believe, is the latest version. Has anyone heard when the next version will be available?
  6. W

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I recently purchased a 2011 Explorer Limited that the original owner had purchased a 7 year/100K PremiumCare Extended Service Plan. That ESP expires on 2/17/2018. I purchased he vehicle on 3/28/2015. The original owner could have gotten an ~ $1350 refund, less a $75 canceling fee, but...
  7. W

They're Heeerrreeeeeeee

I'm trying hard to find something to like about the rear end.
  8. W

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

In a follow up . . . I received the Lloyd's Ultimat custom-fit carpeted cargo mat, purchased through autoanything.com. The mat is/was advertised and described as being custom fit and understood by myself and the good folks at autoanything.com that it would fit wall-to-wall, fitting into the...
  9. W

Well, I made a decision. After much deliberation I decided to take an alternative route, because our Explorer Limited has the 2nd row bucket seats w/console that allows the back cargo area to be very visible when sitting anywhere in the vehicle, I didn't particularly want the look of a pick-up...
  10. W

O1STrunner, from my understanding the cargo mat is a single layer material, which differs from the 3-ply construction of the floor mats for the seating areas. The WeatherTech people told me that the finish on the cargo mat is quite hard, but it is textured. The texturing is about the only thing...
  11. W

I think everyone agrees is that WeatherTech offers the best fit. However, it has been claimed by sellers of Husky and Ford OEM factory mats that the finish is a little softer and has more of a rubberized texture than the WeatherTech, which I would think would help keep the crate and dog from...
  12. W

The primary need is of the mat is to offer protection from a metal wire dog crate when transporting our English Setter, Winston. We'd like to obviously protect the carpeting and try to somewhat control and contain the billions and billions of hairs that Setters seem to shed from down in and...
  13. W

Cargo Mat: Ford OEM or WeatherTech? We are looking to purchase a cargo mat for protection behind the 2nd row bucket seats w/console of our new-to-us 2011 Limited. We are considering either a Ford OEM or a WeatherTech cargo mat. The 'fit' of either appears to be about equal, the WeatherTech...
Back