Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

LED Turn Signal Flickering

I have Diode dynamics HID headlights and foglights. I also have diode dynamics LED switchback parking/turning signals (with resistors installed to prevent hyper-flashing turn signal), sidemarkers, and LEDs for all interior lights and puddle lights. I removed the amber lens from my...
  2. U

S h a d o w

So after much time, i'm finally getting around to get my handles painted. I was quoted about $700 for parts, paint, and labor! Does that sound right? Ripoff? Dealer said the paint job includes lifetime warranty. I was expecting to pay a lot, but not THAT much. ...or should I go to a third...
  3. U

Standard vs Sport Brakes

I've read somewhere on here a few weeks back someone answering another poster's question on the basis of whether or not that person had sport brakes. I think the person had a limited or XLT. This prompted me to ask, would getting a certain option (such as factory tow package), result in the...
  4. U

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

thanks for the info. I will make this investment. I found this extinguisher in wrinkle black... http://www.lpiracing.com/Safecraft-PB2BW-Fire-Extinguisher-2-50-Lb-Black-Wrinkle-2167p186779.htm Think this is a good halon?
  5. U

Makes sense, it would be deadly for a fire extinguisher to flying around. Thanks for explaining the rating categories. I've been googling some halon fire extinguishers, and they are pricey! Around $300 for the bottle, and almost a couple hundred for just the bracket that holds it?? Im...
  6. U

Diode Dynamics HID Users... come on in!

Just got my HID kit from Diode and Im extremely happy with them. Tested it on the road with some coworkers and drove toward them on inclined/declined roads and none of them complained of glare.
  7. U

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

Thought about using the black chrome on the grill chrome accents and/or the chrome accents in the headlights?
  8. U

That looks cool! I have a BC rated dry chemical fire extinguisher, and its crummy red. Do you think that would work, if something caught fire inside or outside my truck? Where can I get a black one? And why did you mount yours in the cargo area? Why not along the A pillar or somewhere in...
  9. U

My oh my, plenty of rides here that are looking good!
  10. U

Wow, all nice trucks! Yes, whited out's are welcome!
  11. U

:thumbsup: Is that where you work? Are you military? :salute:
  12. U

New MOD for BLK SPT

Did you buy yours from Tim? I'm considering buying blacked out emblems from him but if this is the quality, I'm gonna have to explore other options.
  13. U

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Has anyone found a black Ford steering wheel emblem? Does Tim sell those?
  14. U

Reactor hood decal + rebadged XSport (pics)

not a fan of white cars, but your ride is looking great! Was it a pain in the *$$ to put the hood decal on? I can't imagine positioning the decal without leaning on the hood, which Ive read is easily dent-able (if that's a word).
  15. U

It be awesome to see everyone's blacked out (and whited out) Explorer in one thread, and to compare and contrast. If anyone interested, post your most fave pic of your blacked out ride.
  16. U

S h a d o w

I saw on the parts website that there is a black handle cover, which goes to the base model. Can I get that have it painted? What is so "special" about the paint to match part? seems more expensive.
  17. U

Custom Emblems

I dunno if I explained it correctly, but I suppose the "look" Im implying is kind of like a glass paper weight. they tend to be solid piece of rounded or squared glass, and they always have something either embedded in it or a picture of sorts on the bottom of it. since the glass is clear, you...
  18. U

S h a d o w

your Ex is looking great! couple questions: -Did you have your chrome handles painted or get other parts? -Are your rims glossy black?
  19. U

Custom Emblems

If the oval is made of acrylic, does that mean it is clear or slightly opaque? how would it look if you put the design on the back of the acrylic and have the design/logo appear through it (if that makes sense). can the acrylic be colored?
  20. U

2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods

that looks really mean! I like! did you plasti-dip the rims? or powdercoat or paint?
  21. U

New MOD for BLK SPT

woah that actually looks cool! if only the characters were white. but still, nice to have it really blacked out!
  22. U

2015 Explorer Liftgate Rear Molding Trim removal

The chrome strip is also held in by clips. Once you remove the screws, it take a bit of force to release the chrome strip. Once the strip is removed it will be dangling by the license plate light/rear camera cord.
  23. U

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Here's an oddity.... I purchased my 13 Explorer Limited and no towing package was advertised (I had never wanted the towing package). But after getting under the engine, I noticed that I have this intake installed! I have no hitch or anything. Can anyone shed light on this? Could it be...
Back