Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

As a NJ resident, I'm waiting for this to go into action. I smell it all the time when accelerating hard with the air on recirculate. With a new car (2015), there have been WAY too many issues. I regret trading in my Camaro, and miss is quite frankly. Prob going back to GM after the...
  2. E

Water Leak

TWO WEEKS to repair the water leak? I'm calling B.S. on that! Mine was fixed the same day - just a sealant application. Go to a different service center.
  3. E

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Honestly, it just seems like a marketing strategy... you dish out 1-2K extra for the i4 (2.0/2.3), but you won't see the return in $$ from fuel savings.
  4. E

Front End Damage/Accident

12K... ouch. Mine was about 10.5K for a rear-end collision. A Ford repair shop had my car for 31 days, and returned my car with new interior damage. Be careful!
  5. E

Hi Peter -- there is an oil dipstick in front of the engine (I'm pretty sure it is one) Update on the issue: there was a small gash in my oil filter, which caused oil to spew out along the exhaust system and all over the rear of my car. A very nice Ford service rep in CT put my Ex on a lift...
  6. E

Debut of 2016 Explorer

I'm a fan of the front grill -- love it. Ironically, a black '16 Limited appeared just down the block from me in Northeast NJ. Wonder if yours is the same one haha.
  7. E

Hey guys - still have the burnt/bad exhaust smell coming from my car. I've been noticing it after stopping the cat the last 3 days, though. After traveling 120 miles to CT last night, about 20 minutes before getting there I noticed that there was condensation on my rear lift gate window. I...
  8. E

2016 Limited 301a vs 303a Packages

Hi Peter, Thanks for clarifying that - it's what I figured because I questioned what was the real difference between the two. And yes, I think the order form states the 3.51 axle ratio is standard on the 2.3L 4WD engine choice. Interesting/misleading indeed... hopefully this will save...
  9. E

2016 Limited 301a vs 303a Packages

When looking at the order form, there are only 2 additional options in the 303a equipment group (Pirelli tires and 3.51 axle ratio). What's the difference even if you already chose the 2.3L 4WD as your engine option?
  10. E

Lease Price

Seems like an ok deal. I'm paying about 350 for 36 months, 15K miles a year, but I did have a trade-in. Just be aware that some form of the warranty will expire at the 36 month mark (not sure which one), which is why my dealer pushed the 36 month lease instead of the 39 month. I'm sure...
  11. E

Water Leak

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. Another 3rd row seatbelt leak issue and ford hasn't fixed it yet. You should contact crystal here on the forum, but I would suggest going to s different dealership ASAP.
  12. E

I noticed the bad/burnt smell when accelerating hard, too. I usually notice it when I have the A/C on (both normal and MAX) and on both fresh and recycled air. I've noticed it a few times, but the smell goes away after some time. I have a '15 Limited 4WD that was a Manager's demo car...
  13. E

Water Leak

Hey there :) I feel your pain - same thing happened to mine 5 days into owning it. I posted some pictures above to show where mine was leaking. Your best bet is to contact your dealer/service manager ASAP and schedule an appt -- they should bring you in ASAP because you literally just...
  14. E

2016 Roof Rails on 2011-2015?

Oh god I hope so! 2 weeks into owning mine and my explorer started to leak! NOT cool. If they '16 proves to be so much better, I'm going to trade up.
  15. E

2.3L EcoBoost MPG Revealed!

:) I have to agree. Once people get '16's with the 2.3L in either FWD or 4WD, then we will see what they have to report on mpgs.
  16. E

2.3L EcoBoost MPG Revealed!

Hi all, I posted a thread a few weeks ago questioning the 2016's MPG in the 2.3L EcoBoost. I don't know if people have noticed yet, but Ford updated their website with specs. 19/28 FWD --- 18/26 4WD. Even though I opted to get a '15 Limited v6 4WD, it is interesting. How do you think the...
  17. E

No Ignition after Collision?

Hi Tony, Not sure if you were sarcastic or not, but yes the car was still running until I turned it off--then it wouldn't turn back on. Only a little whiplash, though!
  18. E

TPMS/MFT in 2016 Explorer

Our '08 Chevy Impala has the each tires' tire pressure displayed on the dash, so it's not something new. I was disappointed when finding out my '15 Explorer lacked this despite all the tech.
  19. E

No crank, no nothing. Nothing happens when pressing the push-start. Never had this happen before, but then again I've never been rear-ended in a keyless entry/push-start vehicle before.
  20. E

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

Oh God. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but this drove me CRAZY when I had my Camaro. My right rear brake would constantly squeak when applying the brake lightly, etc. Even after getting the brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced it still was there. My Camaro is gone now, but...
  21. E

Hey all, I was rear ended last night while at a dead stop. Massive damage to the lift gate, spare tire area, 3rd row, rear bumper, right exhaust, and possibly the fuel tank/drive-train. The dash said "collision detected" and I moved to the closed lane of the Holland Tunnel (yes not the...
  22. E

things that go *bump* in the parking lot

Lol I just realized this was posted awhile ago oops. Honestly if it's been occurring since then and your car is fine otherwise, then there probably is nothing that can be done. It's what I had to live with when I had my Camaro.
  23. E

The reason why I asked is because I had a very similar issue when I had my Camaro. The dealer could never figure out the problem, but otherwise the car was completely fine. It might be something with the drive train, or the torque converter as per a consolation with a mechanic. They never...
  24. E

Is this when you shift from P to D or from R to D and vice versa and then step on the gas?
  25. E

Water Leak

Peter, The person I posted the pictures of the sealant for is reporting a leak on the passenger side--even the person beforehand who stated they have a leak appearing in the cabin via the 3rd row passenger side seat belt. I hope the pictures I posted can help these two individuals--any...
Back