Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

TPMS Failure Question

Sorry guys, it’s a 2017 and does have the individual tire pressure readouts.
  2. B

TPMS Failure Question

One of our TPMS sensors is throwing an error where the front driver's side on the readout just has two dashes while the others report the pressure as normal. The dealer was unable to fix it because their internet was down the day we had it there, but that's another story entirely. My question...
  3. B

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

Just came back from service of an illuminated air bag light. It came on Sunday and stayed on into Monday. It of course went off while driving to the dealer but I left it there for them to look at nonetheless. They found trouble code B141B which is related to TSB 16-0001 which was released...
  4. B

New 2015 strange smell

At just over 450 miles on the odo the smell is all but gone. My 120 mile round trip this past weekend took care of it.
  5. B

New 2015 strange smell

Checked the fluids and they all look normal to me. It seems to be going away after driving it a while last night and I barely noticed it at all this morning. When I was sniffing around the engine bay I noticed that the shroud over the actual motor is what seems to smell so bad. The only...
  6. B

New 2015 strange smell

Peterk9's response is exactly what has me concerned. I've bought or leased 10 Fords over the past 13 years and none of them ever smelled like this that I recall. However none of them had only 6 miles on the pro before either. I think about 18 was the lowest. The smell was more like a...
  7. B

New 2015 strange smell

Thanks Matt. Was it coming into the cabin via the air ducts or did you just smell it outside the vehicle? My biggest concern is that it's coming into the cabin when the heat or normal A/C are on. I haven't tried recirc A/C yet.
  8. B

New 2015 strange smell

Yeah, I don't see smoke or hear any hissing from fluids dripping on hot parts. The smell is just something I've never smelled before so I guess I'll wait a little and see if it goes away. Reading all the threads about smells around here makes it sound like exhaust is entering the cabin or...
  9. B

New 2015 strange smell

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so this is my first official post but I've been browsing for a while now. I just picked up a 2015 Limited on Saturday and after I drove it several miles and got it heated up we noticed a very bad smell coming into the cabin via the HVAC vents when we stopped...
Back