Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2019 Explorer Horn Sound

Just an update. I was told by my Ford Dealer parts dept. the 2019 Explorer shows a two horn part and should be covered by warranty if only one was installed. Long story short, Service dept. never got back to me after I told them I’d bring it in if under warranty. So went shopping for a dual...
  2. T

2019 Explorer Horn Sound

You’re probably right! my concern was going into the service shop thinking warranty repair and ending up paying full shop hourly rate with over priced parts. I found the horns located near the hood latch, easy access and has a different mounting bracket compared to the part # GB5Z-13832A I had...
  3. T

2019 Explorer Horn Sound

Called Bradenton Ford, asked for a price for horn for 2019 XLT, tech took last five VIN numbers, price $82 and change, said the car should have a dual horn assembly. Sent to service, to make appointment, they said since Exp. was purchased used somebody took one horn off. Service took full VIN...
  4. T

2019 Explorer Horn Sound

Okay just sold by 2012 Explorer 81K and bought a used 2019 15k $25,400, fair deal. But I just hit the horn tonight in traffic and it soundEd like a toy compared to my 2012. Thought there’s a wire off or something, until I checked in with you guys tonight and learned otherwise. I’m pissed Ford...
  5. T

Tow/Haul mode seems to give horrible gas mileage?!

Yes, not a lot of wt., I’ve never towed anything and was curious about this feature’s use. I will get a hitch tighter clamp to prevent and stop/go clunking. The CraigCat Catamaran is a light weight haul.
  6. T

Tow/Haul mode seems to give horrible gas mileage?!

Based everything I’ve read in this post, I shouldn't run the tow mode unless I’m hauling a 2000lb load or more correct? Our 2012 base explorer came with the tow package, which I didn’t want as we never tow anything until now. Bought a small catamaran ( CraigCat ) with trailer total Wt.850lbs...
  7. T

Oil Found In Air Filter

Just a follow up to my original post. My 2012 Exp. now has 75,540 Miles and I chose not to replace the valve cover as I was out of warranty and would have done it myself. I’ve not seen a noticeable increase in oil carryover into the intake filter or any oil close to the air intake Air Mass...
  8. T

Split Armrest Issue

Well I guess I’m next to step in-line with all the other faux split seams. My, purchased new, 2012 Exp. driver side arm rest split at 75.5K so I guess I’m fortunate it went that long. We are in SWF so maybe the heat kept it flexing. Gotta give Ford credit for making a Faux Seam split like a real...
  9. T

Split Armrest Issue

Can you upload a photo of the finished repair, I have the same issue
  10. T

Help removing scratches from interior plastic?

I really appreciate your repair links which I'll be trying this week. I couldn't agree more about your butter reference, you can look at the side panels and scratch them with your stare. Really disappointed in Ford Motor Company not providing a more durable surface material. Just a higher...
  11. T

Help removing scratches from interior plastic?

I know this is a fairly old thread, But I too have lite use scuff marks all over my rear interior plastic side walls since buying new in 2012. I'm really disappointed in Fords approach to the plastic formulation for these panels when there really is no reason for these panels to become so easily...
  12. T

HVAC issues with high RPM

Thanks for clearing that up, as I thought your response was in regard to my input. The issue acted like vacuum loss, as my grandson would say from the olden days. Oh and thanks for the info HVAC actuators. Never liked vacuum operation, but guess it was the least expensive way to operate systems.
  13. T

Nothing's a load of crap until you understand the nature of any issues. All one can do is rely on past experience. But thanks for your input. I did learn that all actuators are electronic from your post. I'll ignor the "load of crap" comment.
  14. T

Oh my Jon M, did you just save me a lot of time and frustration. Since you mentioned the cabinet exhaust odor that's exactly when we started noticing the hard accelerate issue with fan speed change. It was after the "Courtesy Inspection" and I believe reprogramming was mentioned by the Tech...
  15. T

Intermittent start issue and no power to a/c clutch

Have you checked the refrigerant Low Pressure switch usually located on the dryer? You can check with a VOM. You can also jump this switch when in low pressure to see if AC clutch is working or not.
  16. T

fan speed fluctuates on 2015 ford explorer air conditioning

Does it happen when not driving? Does it only happen when driving and is it related to accelerations?
  17. T

Hey Chris I have same issue on our 2012 60K 3.6l V6 basic explorer. Started about 55K out of warranty, so the repair is on me. I assume we have a vacuum leak somewhere as I didn't loose dash air flow on hard acceleration for the first 54K miles. This forum or web hasn't provide much info on this...
  18. T

Some smoke coming out of tailpipe - 2011 Explorer Limited

I'm not talking about short trips around town, I'm taking about a start, pull out of garage and shut it down, nothing gets warmed up and let it set for several hours. The first time I noticed it was at 12K (36months) and I was behind the Explorer and my wife pulled it into the garage after it...
  19. T

Some smoke coming out of tailpipe - 2011 Explorer Limited

My 2012 explorer has had light blue smoke from tail pipes from day one, but I only noticed it at 12k. If I start the truck pull it out of the garage and park it, it will give a puff of blue smoke every time on start up. My Crossfire with 15K does the exact same thing. If I drive the Explorer any...
  20. T

Time for tires

Okay Explorer Nation I need your Tire experience and input. Bought a Based 2012 Explorer in the Ids of February 2012, the coldest month of Ohio when nobody's out buying cars. Dealer said I raped him (Ha-Ha), I just smiled. It's a Base Explorer with 17" Factory black rims with Goodyear Fortera...
  21. T

Explorer Battery Life Expectancy

Hey everyone thanks for your responses. I obviously was spoiled with my Town Car battery performance and I'm sure battery quality has been down graded over the years. My search found an unlimited battery replacement for life of Car ownership for $179 at the local Ford Auto-nation dealer and a...
  22. T

Explorer Battery Life Expectancy

Okay Explorer Nation, I need some feedback on what I should expect for Battery Life. Its been 16 years since I purchased an aftermarket battery. I ran Town Cars for years who's OEM battery's would last 10 Yrs, in Ohio. My 2012 Explorer is showing signs the battery is dying. 4years in Ohio and...
  23. T

Oil Found In Air Filter

My 2012 3.5L V6 with 57k mi has oil in the air intake tubes and on the leading edge of the filter media. My question is has anyone actually had the new left valve cover installed and did it resolve the issue? As I've read in other oil threads, the source could be to much oil in the engine...
  24. T

Base Model Black Door Handle Swap

Swap. S sell Thanks Peter for the info, I'm new to the Forum and wasn't aware of it's policies. This Forum is a wealth of information and the classic win win of social media, Consumers helping Consumers. It impowers people. Thanks again Dale
  25. T

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Don't think I'd purchased I was really upset finding these poorly designed seams about a month after purchasing the Explorer. I seriously think had I known, it would have been a deal breaker. I pay cash for our cars and keep them a minimum of ten years. This vehicle's doors will be rotting...
Back