Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2010 Explorer trans hard down shift

I have a 2010 exp. with a 6 speed trans. When I come to a stop it feels like some one has hit me from behind. The truck rears and the tach goes up to about 3K, any ideas of what it can be?
  2. J

Add Class 3 To V8

I was also told that with the 6 speed trany not to tow in OD.
  3. J

2010 explorer pcm problems

Another Update: I got my truck back today, It seems to be running good. They ended up replacing the upper wiring harness. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
  4. J

Service rsc now warning light

According to the engineers from Ford, it's RFIs from the coil packs. I'm still optimistic over this resolve. We will see. The dealer is currently driving it to see if this corrected the issue or not. If you had read my previous postings you will see what I have been through for the past year...
  5. J

Just an update . I was at Ford yesterday, They have started installing the harness ( what a nightmare). This harness covers the whole top side of the motor with 50 different plugs. I really hope this will solve the issues, so far my Ford dealer and everyone involved has been great.
  6. J

Yes, The harness for my truck came in late Thursday so they needed all day Friday to install the new wiring harness. This harness covers the whole top side of the motor. I'm told that the reason for replacing the harness is due to RFI interference on the harness, which is causing faults with in...
  7. J

Well after Ford having my truck for 3 weeks now, the Ford engineer out of Michigan has determined that my issue with the RSC system is a wiring harness for the RSC system. We will see, the mechanic is test driving it tonight. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I still do not trust the...
  8. J

RSC service now, traction control

Thanks Fred, I keep asking them to check the wheel bearings, I had both fronts changed out prior to the throttle body issues. One of the dealers in Mass told me they found a bad connection with one of the wheel bearing sensors. I'm hoping that when the engineer shows up that I get to talk to...
  9. J

RSC service now, traction control

I had the same problem with my 2010 EB. Has happened 6 times. I now have it at the dealer waiting for an engineer from Ford to show up and diagnose the problem. I have had 4 throttle bodies installed on it and multiple sensors, gas peddle assembly etc... I have to say that at least Ford has...
  10. J

Loud Thump under 2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer

I have a 2010 explorer EB, this also makes a loud thump when first started, I was told by ford that its the AC compressor and that it's normal. If I start the truck with the AC off it does not do it.
  11. J

Sent information Thanks
  12. J

Crystal, I'm sorry but I do not know how to do aPM through this web site John
  13. J

Crystal, The day after I pick it up a wrench light came on, I was able to drive it back to my dealer, they said it was a whole different set of codes this time, They ended up replacing a wiring harness. I had the mechanic take it home. He said it drove great going home, he got into it in the...
  14. J

throttle problem

No but i will Thanks
  15. J

throttle problem

I spoke to Ford on the part number for the throttle body(A or B). They said they found no listing for the B series throttle. Any way,, they said they found a wiring harness issue and replaced it. I told the tech to drive it home and run it to test it out. Well sure enough the system failed and...
  16. J

throttle problem

I have had the same problem with my 2010 EB. When this happens it goes into creeper mode, that's what they call it according to ford. Mine has the RSC system alarm goes off and a wrench light comes on. Dealer keeps replacing the throttle body. I picked it up again the other day and just the...
  17. J

Crystal, Thanks for the response, I just picked it up today. They said they had to replace the throttle body again?? This is the third time( I hope it's a charm) The dealer told me they sent some kind of a diagnostic tape to an engineer at the ford factory and they had them change it again. I'm...
  18. J

2010 Explorer O2 Sensor

A good code reader will tell you what sensor is bad, most likely the one in front of the converter on the drivers side is the one bad, Should cost about $30. Real easy to change and get to. $165 is a little steep for this 5 minute job. If you do not own a code reader go to your local parts store...
  19. J

I have had the same problem with my 2010 EB. I bought it in May 2014. I had to wait until Dec. to get the new PCM, Truck has been running great until the other day, RSC system came on and the truck went into crepper mode. They have replaced just about every sensor under neath the truck (2)...
  20. J

I had the same issue with my 2010 EB, This has happened 5 times to me. They replaced the gas pedal assembly, throttle body (2) times, and a multiple of sensors. The truck after i bought it was in the shop more than I driven it. They finally replaced the main computer. (Glad I have the bumper to...
  21. J

ford explorer 2010 limited navigation issues

Does your system have a menu button? if so look for the button that says "Return system to original factory settings"? Reset the system and see if that helps.
Back