Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2003 4.0L - Need Engine Technician !!

ALRIGHT! THANK YOU SO MUCH. Big thank you to everyone that posted up in here. Here is the final fix notes... I climbed inside the engine compartment and took it all apart in the truck. The driver's side of the engine had the cam 180' out... and the passenger side was probably a good 15 degrees...
  2. R

I honestly dont know? I installed the tools the way they instructed. I dont think they could possibly be installed any other way since the way the tool rests is only in one correct position on the backside of the cam. But if it is possible maybe?? There really arent any good pictures out there...
  3. R

Thank you all VERY much for the input! I think the timing is just a little further off than "slightly" and is able to hold a pretty terrible idle because of this. I will let you all know what the results are as far as the timing. I'm putting it back on the lift tomorrow afternoon! I have the...
  4. R

I installed a complete aftermarket timing kit. new guides and tensioners, gears, and even hardware. Hardware was all OEM from ford, valves were OEM from ford, kit was not. I released the pin on both the balance shaft tensioner and the main chain to jack-shaft tensioners as well. I completely...
  5. R

Literally sounds like dead center of the motor.
  6. R

Anyone else have any input for me? Bump Bump
  7. R

THANK YOU so much for the reply. I did have 2 bent valves that BARELY kissed the top of the piston, like even LESS than the photo you had posted. They were replaced and everything else was inspected. I have my re-assembly instructions from ALL-DATA and it went together smooth and well. Used the...
  8. R

I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0L SOHC with the letter "K" in the VIN. On here to try and get some information on the timing and adjustments on the engine itself. I had recently rebuilt a the 4.0 in my truck because it broke a timing chain and all the guides, hardware and more. After full...
Back