Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

replace bumper 97 Mountaineer

It will bolt right up, I have a 98 on mine for now, but I want the 99-02 bumper so I can have the newer style fog lights.
  2. N

1998 Eddie Bauer Rim Size Question?

I'm really curious if the 265's rub or bottom out on fender wall or anything else. That tire is considerably bigger than a 255 / 70 / 16 .
  3. N

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

1997 Exploder, front wheel bearings. I have a red Exploder just like NCC's Sure enough I had the whiring sound up front & it was the wheel bearings. Followed his post very helpfull. Thanks NCC.
  4. N

1997 4x4 Explorer Eddie Bauer, tire size

wheel size explorer / f150 Those rims you have on your 98, are they the same as a 98 f150?? as far as the rim goes? They look the same.
  5. N

Need help with roof leaking

1997 Eddy Bauer xlt 4x4, still leaking??? I have completely sealed off my moon roof because of leaking & it still comes in above driver seat!!!!!! How the heck is it getting in?? Yes the drain tubes are hooked up & clear.
  6. N

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

I think I might have the problem figured out, i pulled the servo back off & it says manual on a orange sticker, my guess there is a different one that says auto & that's what I need, even tho they look the same.
  7. N

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Blend air door servo issue, Help!! I did the door replacement, but now have servo issues. The a/c doesn't come on at all until I unplug the servo, then it will come on & I can plug servo back in. Soon as I shut off the a/c I have to repeat same procedure to get it to work again. Does this...
  8. N

Spare tire, cable & crank

Thanks guys, after spraying blaster down the tube area & using a flash light to find the infamous fricken security nut still down there. I discovered the input tube is actually somewhat flattened out so I used a bigger flat tip screwdriver & got it to turn & got the crappy Firestone 50 mile an...
  9. N

Spare tire, cable & crank

I just bought this 97 xlt Eddy Bauer exploder & found the original spare underneath, & it will not crank down?? Any suggestions how to get it down or tire off without cutting cable end??:eek:
  10. N

Shackle Installation

Bottom shackel bolt I used a matabo to cut out bolt & remove shackle, then a puller to push out the remaining bolt in the leaf eye. But now have to try & find a separate shackle bushing cause that one is shot. I made my own to extend the height but can't seam to find the bushing without the...
  11. N

1997 4x4 Explorer Eddie Bauer, tire size

Can I go to a 16" wheels & tires:eek: on my hoopty?? It has 15" wheels & tires on it now, I'm thinking like 255-70-16 without modifying anything.
  12. N

Front bumper change out question

I have a change out question, I have a 1997 4x4 Eddie Bauer & I like the looks of the 99 - 2001 bumpers with the round fog lights. Mine have the busted out hard to find rectangular ones, lol. Can the newer bumper bolt up the same without mods??? With the exception of splicing the fog light wires.
  13. N

Front Wheel Bearing replacement

I just replaced my left side wheel hub assembly today in the snow. lol I went to junkyard & did a self pull on one for $20. Cleaned it up & made sure to carefully pull the abs sensor & clean it good including down in the hole. Reassembled & used the blue lock tight on the hub bolts & caliper...
  14. N

Bad bearing-like noise in front end

I had same problem on my left side, turned out that it was the wheel hub assembly. I got a good one from a pull your own junk yard. $20. Motor craft. Just changed it out today, noise gone & abs light gone. lol
  15. N

how to repair a leaking sun roof in a 1998 ford explorer

I have a 97 4x4 Eddie Bauer, had the same problem, I used my compressor but used a vacuum draw off the end of hose instead, will see if that does it.
Back