Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Just got a '94 Explorer

Stegalls Transmission will do the tranny for @ $1300 - that's what they quoted me.
  2. T

4x4 Instructions help please

4x4 button is high - this is the one you can "shift on the fly"...although, I tend to do it at slower speeds. Low Range is 4x4 low which requires clutch in on yours or in neutral on mine and at a stop like the other folks said.
  3. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

Thank you! Just ordered them!
  4. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

What's the difference between these two? https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=971041&cc=1119653&jnid=498&jpid=7 https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=970857&cc=1304424&jnid=492&jpid=0
  5. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

Appreciate it! Trying to find them online to buy now!
  6. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

Hole saw was perfect! 2 3/4, turned it over and put pilot hole in the center (already an indention there) and 20 seconds later - presto! (dead links)
  7. T

Valve Cover Reinforcement Plates

My 1991 has them. My next "big job"...I need to put valve cover gaskets on but dread all the other stuff I'm liable to break in the process... (lost photo) As for necessity? I don't know.
  8. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

Yes, we haven't started the front hub cutout yet but will get to it this weekend. They look great!
  9. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

Mr. Cribb, I'd love to see pics! I can see the one in the thread above. I figured out it's just the lug nuts are different. So, I'll have to get some. That'll give me time this week to cut the center holes out for the front two wheels. I marked them earlier. Gonna head to brother's - he has...
  10. T

2nd gen rims and 1st gen

I can handle the cutting to fit my manual hubs for the front with the dremel; however, the center caps will not fit on the lugs I have on my 91. I took the original 1st gen rims off and put the 2nd gen rims on tonight. What kind of lugnuts do I need to buy to get them to fit. The centers I...
  11. T

Love throwing money at parts...and still not "right"

No chance they were switched; did them one side at a time.
  12. T

. It has never ever ever ever pulsed.
  13. T

Just for my own sanity, I did the power booster test (again) :mad: and it works fine. I disconnected the ABS fuse...wonder if that will "by-pass" it. Although, I am not fond of the rear-anti-lock light on, if it means I have better braking that'll be great! I put it in drive, held the...
  14. T

Brakes...I've never seen such an issue with brakes in my life. New rotors, new drums, new shoes, new pads, new MASTER CYLINDER today - I just knew that was it from reading all the posts and searching searching...I should have listened to my brother and bought the power booster while I was at it...
  15. T

Idea for a big project on 94 XLT

Still the baddest rig I've seen.
  16. T

Broken valve cover bolt

My biggest fear! I broke two doing a water pump on a Bronco II and one someone else did and used "gasket sealer" to seal around it. I tried everything...finally got a left hand drill bit & tap kit and worked them out. One had just enough on it to thread a nut on it and with enough PB Blaster...
  17. T

Replacing HOSES to and from the radiator

Since I'm putting in a severe duty fan, I'm going to replace all the hoses while I'm at it - preventive maintenance & everything will be out of my way. Does this hose go past the hump or stop before the hump? (dead links) My neighbor and I have just spent 20 minutes trying it both ways but it...
  18. T

I know I need a tranny, BUT!

Knoxville is only three hours...that sounds like a good A4LD (lower mileage - I could have it rebuilt and pop it in). What did you replace the A4LD with?
  19. T

First time for every thing

Other than gas mileage and horsepower loss (and I'm hoping it's negligible), what is wrong with a heavy duty fan clutch and metal fan? My brother keeps telling me...electric fan is the only way to go...more air, better MPG and less ponies lost... Better start researching this then...what...
  20. T

Engine won't turn over

What about the starter relay? If the starter tested fine (although I'm not so sure I trust the "techies" at AutoZone - they said my battery was fine and after jumping it off several times, I bought a new one and no more problems - it was 7 years old after all), then what about this piece...
  21. T

Well, let me tell you... I figured I would pop the new thermostat for kicks and giggles (did it yesterday and it was a pain but not so much (hint, my nephew has smaller hands and got the last bolt in) - plus, I really like being aggravated by Ford Engineers - why oh why oh why put that darn...
  22. T

So, I'm looking online...how can one say, "OE 195" and another "OE 198"...I think RockAuto even has "OE 190s"... The local big box auto store has 198 only in the MotoRads. I did get the fan clutch and radiator cap - I think the fan clutch is the real issue from the volumes of articles I...
  23. T

I think the radiator is fine - it looks big enough. I'm definitely going with the heavy duty (had one on my Bronco II and never ran hot). Going to buy a new radiator cap "just in case". Figure if I'm doing it all I might as well. I understand that the thermostat is supposed to improve fuel...
  24. T

Just boiled it in water and it opened up; at least a 1/8 of an inch I'd say...maybe it just wouldn't open up enough under load??? Oh well, it got a radiator flush and new coolant today today and we got all the air bubbles out... Who knows...it's getting pretty bad when I walk in AutoZone and...
  25. T

Removed thermostat - ran cool as a cucumber all the way home. No tranny leak either. No boiling over when I got home. Went to buy thermostat (we were at our annual Dove Shoot) and the small town only had a MotoRad 198 with auto stuck open so we didn't put it in. I'll get over to autozone...
Back