Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Coolant leak on passenger side. Any possibility other than water pump?

That's what I'm afraid of, and kind of figure. I know where the weep hole should be, I just don't have a small enough head (or mirror) to see it and know for sure. I don't see anything else in that area that would be coolant related other than the reservoir tank hose and I have already checked it.
  2. A

Coolant leak on passenger side. Any possibility other than water pump?

Sorry if this is a little long. I got back from a road trip to Colorado a few days ago. put around 2800 miles on my 2013 base Explorer with nothing out of the ordinary. Yesterday while sitting in a drive-thru I thought I heard the aux cooling fan running and thought that is odd, I checked the...
  3. A

HELP.. Wont start, has a lot of errors (Resolved)

Update: I had it towed to the dealership last week and they just got back to me today. “Rodent damage” turns out something chewed thru the harness under the battery box. I never would have found that.
  4. A

The OBDii port has power, just no communication. I am going to take the battery in for a load test but I don’t think that is my problem as I connected a different battery with no change. Also all my Aux lights run fine and don’t show any signs of voltage issues.
  5. A

Update: I downloaded forscan and plugged in the adaptor. It wont connect to the explorer. I tried the system on a transit to make sure the adaptor I bought was working, it linked right up. I'm not sure what it means but there is obviously a computer problem the is effecting the OBDii port as well.
  6. A

I ordered a ELM327 adapter today. Hopefully FORSCAN can help me figure this issue out.
  7. A

Fuel Pump Access Panel?

Sorry, according to the Haynes manual you have to drop the tank.
  8. A

Well, hooking up a different battery didn't make any difference either. one thing I did notice, it may be normal but I've never tried/noticed before. with the key out, everything off, and the doors locked using the key fob. I can turn on the radio. Nothing makes sense right now
  9. A

Do you know if the explorer's can run without a battery, just off the alternator? or are the electronics to sensitive? I could disconnect the battery and try a strait jump off my van.
  10. A

The battery is only 3months old. I thru the charger on it just to make sure. It made no difference. I left the terminal off the battery for a day, ran a jumper between the + & - cables with the battery disconnected to try and reset the control modules. Nothing has made any difference. It seems...
  11. A

Went to start my 2013 Explorer tonight and it wouldn't even try to start. Came up with a whole list of errors (see pic). I tried unhooking the battery for 20 min to reset the system with no change. I checked most of the fuses in the power box under the hood but it was dark so I just took my...
  12. A

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

That's the part I'm not sure about. Because you have to turn the piston clockwise while pushing it in. It went in without to much trouble but it seems like a weird setup.
  13. A

The caliper pins were suprising well lubed and moved freely. I did clean and lube them with brake grease. I'm not really sure how to gauge how well the rear caliper is doing since you have to turn it as you push it in. (A grinder wrench works well for this). The other strange thing is it doesn't...
  14. A

Thank you, I thought I remembered this video being posted but it wasn't coming up in the search
  15. A

So the rear brakes started grinding on my 2013 explorer. When I removed the rear passenger side caliper I found the inside pad had worn past the rivets and chewed up the rotor. It looks like the pad stuck. I removed the mount and cleaned it up on a wire wheel, reassembled and made sure the pads...
  16. A

Adding Recovery Hooks on 5th Gen?

On my Bronco I was able to line them up with holes in the frame. The explorer poses a few potential issues, if you mount them to the frame facing down it cuts down on the already lacking ground clearance. Since you already have your lower valence removed you could possibly build a bracket of...
  17. A

Adding Recovery Hooks on 5th Gen?

I had those hooks on my 85 Bronco, as long as you have them mounted to a solid point they work great.
  18. A

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Have you contacted Traxda directly? I know they offer add-on spacers/shims to add additional lift to some kits.
  19. A

Neat little upgrades / accessories

My 2013 has a low battery safety feature. If I have the key in acc or on. If I listen to the radio and/or have the fan running too long it will shut everything down and show "low battery shutdown" on the dash. Leaves plenty of power to start engine.
  20. A

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Does anybody have the torque specs on the suspension components for the lift? I can't find any manuals for the 5th gen
  21. A

How to: Install Traxda 2011 - 2015 Ford Explorer Lift Kit - Video

Does anybody have the correct torque specs for the components in this lift? I cannot find any service manuals for the 5th gen.
  22. A

2013 Explorer

No, I still have 10k on my power train but that won't make it past the end of this year
  23. A

2013 Explorer

My 2013 Explorer is out of warranty and ready for some upgrades
Back