Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jwrezz

So who was this on Trail Mater?

Trail Mater Explorer No Brakes
  2. jwrezz

BW 4406 Output Shaft - Help!

2WD, 4WD AUTO, 4WD LOW So yes, auto 4wd.
  3. jwrezz

I think my selector knob says 2wd, 4wd, and 4-Lo. I'll go check and report back.
  4. jwrezz

How to: Winch Install on a 2nd Gen - Factory Bumper

Haven't found any, but I think the hitch is behind the hole in the bumper, rather than below the bumper. I may just get some 2x4 tubing and a 2" hitch and try to make my own.
  5. jwrezz

My sway bars are long gone, but plow brackets are probably similar to hitch mounts. I wonder if I could make it work. Seems worth a try.
  6. jwrezz

Hate to revive an old thread like this, but does any one know of a difference in the front bumper/frame between my 2nd gen 1996 and a 1998? I don't think there's much different, and this Curt front mount seems perfect. Now that those 12k BadLands winches are so proven, and cheap, I am seriously...
  7. jwrezz

Is this true of my 1996 explorer? Drive gear is inside t-case and I just wanna know if I have to remove and separate the whole case or if I have a separate tailshaft housing. My truck is at a local vocational/technical HS getting some work done so I can just go out to check.
  8. jwrezz

I forgot what shock size I need!

I have OME (Old man emu) shocks and rear springs, with a TT upfront and a 3" body lift. Also have the rear shock mount skid plates (by warrior products I believe). I took my truck in for brake work, and they are going to have it there for a while. They wanted to get me shocks, but know it's...
  9. jwrezz

Drivers power window only doesn't work

Thanks! This will probably be a pita for me, since I've ever delved into windows and doors much. It'll just make be more competent tho!
  10. jwrezz

Drivers power window only doesn't work

My driver's side front window is stuck down. All 3 others work fine from drivers switch and their specific switches. When I push the the down button I hear a faint click inside the door. When I push the up button, I hear a louder click in the door, and also a delayed click from what I guess is...
  11. jwrezz

PCM Power fuse

Did ya see my "pseudo fix" in post 15 above? I've not had a problem since.
  12. jwrezz

Guage and Dash Lights

So after years of trying to make the glowing guage faces work properly, I just removed all the wiring to them, and replaced all the main (larger size) bulbs in the dash. The idiot lites I'll have to do another time. I thought the bag of LED's from Amazon had both the small and large bulbs, but I...
  13. jwrezz

Vibration at 60-73mph. Stumped! What could it be???

Although, I think the 2000 models didn't have them.
  14. jwrezz

Vibration at 60-73mph. Stumped! What could it be???

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/5th-shock.341204/
  15. jwrezz

Photos Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary

Those look great! Gonna start selling them?
  16. jwrezz

Photos Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary

Wow, I'm late to the thread, and certainly not gonna make, it, but I'm following for sure to see the pics coming soon!
  17. jwrezz

Transfer case VSS gear question

So the 91 has a cable driven speedo, but still has a VSS in the TC as well? But yeah, your process of elimination has landed you with that only option!
  18. jwrezz

Transfer case VSS gear question

Both gears are nylon and just wear out. The TC gear can be seen thru the hole a bit, but a camera scope will show you more. I can tell mine is worn, as the new gear on the sensor still has bouncing speedo. I believe the TC needs to be removed. If not, then at least the rear output shaft area...
  19. jwrezz

question about 96 & 98 5.0 VSS/OSS

Thanks! I had looked up dakota digital last year as they had some promising products. Now seems ready for prime time!
  20. jwrezz

question about 96 & 98 5.0 VSS/OSS

That would be too easy! I'm still baffled. I'm happy to see some life in this thread tho.
  21. jwrezz

4.0 OHV into 4.0 24v COSWORTH

Wow! I haven't seen so much talking on this thread in years! I'd think trying to build a SOHC motor would have moved on to an all electric conversion with tesla components by now!
  22. jwrezz

Emissions Readiness Test

I'm going thru the same thing. I can't get my readiness tests complete. I'm in NJ. Engine replaced in 2012. Passed inspection in 12 and 14. Sat idle since. Guess I gotta check that fuse. My tests never complete tho. 3 of them specifically. O2 heater, and two others can't remember. Every time I...
  23. jwrezz

VSS issue.

I was thinking of getting an overhaul kit for it while I'm in there!
Back