Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

That sad day has come

On it’s way. Tim should have it later today. Sad to see it go. Just before the issues surfaced, I told my 13 year old son it would be the firsr car he learns to drive.
  2. C

That sad day has come

I sold my beloved ‘99 EB, but it’s going to a good home, right, @vroomzoomboom ? I’ll never drive it again. Here it waits for the trailer to haul it to Manitoba, probably later this week. I’ll miss this beast.
  3. C

5.0 spark plug wires?

No tips that I can remember now. Just double and triple check to make sure crimps are firm. I blew through a lot of extra terminals to finally get a technique down.
  4. C

Best method to replace spark plugs on 98 Mercury Mountaineer V8 5.0??

I see both sides of this debate. The video really should have it's own, new thread. But that's just me.
  5. C

1999 Eddie Bauer explorer radio

Depends on your setup if I recall. The OEM radios in our Explorers are notoriously bad. I bought my '99 with just over 30,000 miles and had all sorts of issues with my built in radio including the infamous "display" problem. I pulled it right afterwards and put in an aftermarket system. Only...
  6. C

PCV valve, Sea-Foam and Tune-Up for 1999 Explorer 302 AWD V8 302 8 cylinder

I had an easier time with the PCV before we put the UI spacer on it Jon. Never been happy with the brake booster method. I now buy the Seafoam with the little red straw assembly. I thread it through my air intake setup right into the small hole in the throttle body plate and empty a can...
  7. C

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Just passed 183,000 km (around 110,000 mi). Barely broken in. ;)
  8. C

5.0 spark plug wires?

Hard to say what final cost was since I have plenty of spare parts now in reserve. I bought full sets of 8 for the 90 and 135 degree booted wires. I also bought two straight wires (Accel sells them individually but it's pricier if you go that route). I used both the straight ones on the...
  9. C

5.0 spark plug wires?

Accel Wires w/ Ceramic boots ---FTW! I FINALLY did the deed and bought several Accel wires w/ ceramic boots. I use a combination of 90, 135 and straight bend boots. Bought the Accel crimping tool from Amazon and terminals/boots from Magnecor. WOW, for the first time since I purchased my 5.0, I...
  10. C

Introducing...Flashtech LED Halo's for 2002-2005 explorers!

Not a clue. Sorry. Not really into the modding thing much anymore, but I am pleased to say my existing setup is still rocking.
  11. C

Check engine light :(

It could be one of many things. Get that code read and go from there.
  12. C

98 eddie bauer all wheel 5.0

Oh boy, do I remember that thread. Hiya Jonny. :)
  13. C

Projector Head Lights

High beam is mechanical and works flawlessly. They do have a RHD version as well. You get them here.
  14. C

Projector Head Lights

The beam quality is the best I've ever had on my truck. Not half moon like those eBay all in one projector headlights. The cutoff isn't as nice as high end vehicles that come with HID as standard, but very, very good. I know of others who have done this mod and feel the same way. I have never...
  15. C

Why I haven't been posting much these days....

I used Remflex on the driver's side connection between the two sections and they didn't last as long as I would have liked. I ended up using a gasket Bob sent me after I got the headers and they've worked out well. I hope the Remflex work for you. I scored some ARP bolts too. I've yet to...
  16. C

Brad, sorry for the delay! Entrepreneurship is fun. Keeping busy. I'm still using the ones Jon installed for me. I think they're the ones that came with the kit. I did get my hands on some of those Percy's aluminum gaskets. They're still in the package somewhere. Luckily I haven 't had to...
  17. C

Rick, sorry for the slow reply! Still driving the '99 EB. Still running great outside of a bad plug wire I finally sorted out. Just approaching 170,000 KM (102,000 mi)
  18. C

Projector Head Lights

Ps, my review and details of install is Dead Link Removed.
  19. C

Projector Head Lights

If I can do it myself, anyone can. I don't remember what total cost was. I got the headlights on eBay and protectors etc on a group buy on another site.
  20. C

5.0 spark plug wires?

I ditched the use of insulating socks altogether and had better luck with my TMH. Go figure. The socks seem to attract and conduct heat and slowly cook the boots until they get spongy and the wires start to misfire. Tim, with careful routing using MSD wire looms, I'm having better luck with...
  21. C

Projector Head Lights

You don't want brighter lights for off-road? I would think you would.
  22. C

Projector Head Lights

Agreed. My setup replaced one of those all in one units.
  23. C

Projector Head Lights

I did a retrofit on my '99. Results were great. I'm in Canada (Calgary). Never had an issue with cops.
  24. C

OK, now I have a different reason for not posting. Not working at the place with minivan anymore. Was fun driving a company vehicle. It would have been a Porsche Cayenne for all I care (and I love those), but the job sucked. I started my own consulting business in August and I'm back to the Ex...
  25. C

For Sale TM Headers - MAC Intake - Screamin' Demon Coils - EE Sway bar

Lookit all that good 5.0 stuff and rare too. Free bump. ;) Agreed on both counts.
Back