Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Is this vibration normal?

Mine actually has the vibration all the time even after warming up on all different road surfaces it is just the exact exaggerated when it has been sitting for a while. I've got about 8000 miles on the Nittos and they are actually getting worse then the Hankooks were they just have better...
  2. C

My vibration is different it's between 40 and now it's up to about 55 or 60 at times it is much worse first thing in the morning after sits in the garage all night for a few miles anyway so I know the tires are part of the issue. Plus the more miles I put on the Them the worse it is getting I...
  3. C

I went to Discount Tire again today, they will replace the Nittos, which this manager said was not a good choice, for Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas or Michelins. The Michelins are $400 more, he said both are much better than the nittos or Hankooks but there is no guarantee my bad vibes between 40...
  4. C

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I have a 2012 Limited, the 1st winter the Hankooks were acceptable. The 2nd winter I had a hard time turning from a stop when it was snowing even with all wheel drive and the snow mode turned on. I have also had a vibration in the vehicle between 40 and 50 mph since it was new. Discount Tire...
  5. C

Maybe we need to get legal counsel and try to find out how many of us are having this issue and look at class action. Ford obviously knows about it and continues to sell the vehicles.
  6. C

I finally was able to read through all of the posts relating to the vibration/shuddering my explorer gets between 40 and 50 mph, this even was evident on the 2015 Limited model and the Sport I test drove. Apparently the tires will not correct the issue and all Ford has done is give us lip...
  7. C

2012 Ford Explorer vibration

Hi Everyone, I have a 2012 Explorer Limited which has had a vibration between 40 and 50 mph since I bought it. I am on my second set of tires, Nitto which Discount Tire recommended, and the vibration is still there. My dealer says the new tires are just as bad as the horrible Hankooks which came...
  8. C

Thank You Peter, I'll get the hang of this yet.
  9. C

OK, I am new here so how do I PM?
  10. C

That would be good Crystal except Ron Powell is my District Customer Service Manager and has not responded to 2 voice mails I left for him. As for the Nittos, they were highly recommended by the manager at my local Discount Tire so I'm thinking doing business with them is not such a good idea...
  11. C

Thank You Crystal and peterk9 for the welcome to this site. The Ford is my first new American made car since my 1970 Cuda, wish I still had that, we have had Nissans and Toyotas. My wife has a Prius we were thinking of trading in, because of my issues with the Explorer she doe not even want to...
  12. C

Hi Crystal, I have 52,700 miles on it, I switched to the Nittos last Summer at the recommendation of the Discount Tire manager. I did not want to go through another Winter with the Hankooks, this di not resolve the vibration issue. Both sets of tires are worse after the vehicle has sat for...
  13. C

I have a 2012 Explorer Limited, bad vibration between 40 and 50 mph and the Hankooks were terrible in the snow and rain. Discount Tire recommended Nitto, they are much better in the snow but the vibration is still there. Dealer put it up on the rack and ran it up to an indicated 60 mph and no...
Back