1. J

entry code

Where will I find the 5 digit entry code sticker on a 2004 explorer
  2. J

A/C condenser

Where would I find a new a/c condenser for a 97 Ex
  3. J

Need help with temp guage

My instructions from summit say to connect wire from guage to ignition terminal on ignition switch, which wire is this. This is the last wire I have to run.
  4. J

Trans guage hookup help

My instructions from summit say to run wire from guage to ignition terminal. Question? What wire on ignition terminal
  5. J

Slip or open

What is the difference between limited slip and open. I one better for pulling trailers?
  6. J

no dip stick

Just bought a 04 Ex 4wd and the owners guide says it has a sealed trans, no dip stick. Only serviced by Ford. There must be a way to do this. What gives!
  7. J

Nerf bars

Where is the best site to look for nerf or side bars for a 04 Explorer ?
  8. J

Stop leak

I have a very small amount of coolant that appears on the right side of the block on a 4.0..Its not enought to have the head gaskets changed. No coolant in the oil and no oil in the coolant. Any special kind of stop leak to use?
  9. J

lugs on new aluminum wheels

I purchased new aluminum wheels with new cap lugs about two weeks ago by a shop. Recently I went to take off the lugs and three backed off a couple of turns and stopped. Continueing to turn them broke the studs off. Anyone ever have this problem?
  10. J

Latteral shock for 97

I've done everything to my x to stop the vibration between 55 and 70. My next try will be the latteral shock between the dif and right frame. I've called four central Florida Ford dealers with no luck. Does anyone have one to sell? Getting desperate!
  11. J

Which hitch

What other Ford vechicals hitches will fit a 97 X. I'am looking throught junk yards with no luck.
  12. J

No add-a-leaf for mono spring

I need 2 more inches in the back end to compensate for my TT. Some performance co's are saying that you can't install add-a-leaf to a mono spring as I have, they are only for a spring packs. They have no shackles either. F-150 springs sound like a big undertaking. Are mono springs not used on...
  13. J

Addatives: what do you use?

additives Marvel oil in gas and oil
  14. J

Sticky fuel filter

filter They come off with a $5.00 tool from any auto parts store.
  15. J

Front End Shake

My 97X 4x4 has a front end shake between 55 and 70 mph. I had new ball joints installed with an allignment. New 32 x 11.5 bf's. I also hand twisted my driveshaft to check for bad joints and all seemed well. ok at lower speeds.
  16. J

brown wire mod

I cut the brown wire under the seat that goes to the transfer case and successfully dissconnected the front wheels from engauging but the front driveshafts still turn. I jacked up the front end and turned each wheel by hand which in turn turned the front drive shafts. Are the hubs not disenguaging?
  17. J

brown wire mod

I cut the brown wire under the seat and disconnected the 4whd but the front drive shafts still turn. Got to be the hubs?
  18. J

4405 Tcase Takes Time to Decide to Engage, then Doesn't Let Go.

Brown wire mod :us: I disconnected the brown wire and my 4wd is disconnected but my front driveshafts still turn. I jacked up the front end and turnwed the wheels by hand and the shafts turned. whats up!
  19. J

Fab'd new switch panel, pics and how-to

Brown wire mod I thought someone posted a picture showing the brown wire to connect to behind the radio in the dash.
  20. J

Someone with 97 EX 4x4 sport bodylift

I'am planing a 3" body lift and know there is no factory kit for this year. Do i purchase a kit for 98 ranger, if so, does the radiator bracket along with some of the others fit. A shop here will sell the blocks and other items separate but can't tell if other items will fit from ranger. HELP...
Back