Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Transmission swap torque converter question 05 explorer

Well I had some cranial flatulence or something. I could have sworn I read it had 3 bolts holding it in so I only took 3 out. Came right out after I pulled the 4th bolt. Imagine that. Won't make that mistake on the donor vehicle. All I'll having problems with now is that passenger upper Bell...
  2. T

@imp Yep. That's what I mean and I took those out before removing the whole transmission and it's still acting like it's bolted on
  3. T

My 05 explorer was attacked by a deer and in the process something got knocked loose in the tranny and caused codes to pop indicating dirty lines/transmission. I just decided to swap out the transmission with an 03 I have in my yard. We dropped the 05 tranny today but the tq didn't come out with...
  4. T

Intermittent limp mode

Update: my mechanic at my warehouse pulled my codes for me and came up with these P0401 P2106, and P2135. He told me to turn the ignition forward without starting and prop open the throttle body and clean it. I turned it forward and propped the gas pedal down and cleaned it that way. It's...
  5. T

Thank you everyone
  6. T

Intermittent limp mode

I have an 05 explorer xlt with the 4.0 v6. Occasionally directly when starting it immediately goes into limp mode (wrench light comes on/failsafe mode) and if you shut it off and then turn it back on then it's gone. Another possibly related occurrence is whenever you're driving and lightly...
  7. T

Thank you for the add. I found this forum through my investigations fit repairing my girls 05 explorer. I love the vehicle even though car complaints dotcom says avoid like the plaque. Now on to the rest of the forums
Back