Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

No, I don't even own an Explorer anymore.
  2. K

PM me your number & I can send you pics of what I have.
  3. K

I actually still have parts of this console, but many parts have been scavenged already.
  4. K

Rear Air Control PIU?

If it does not have the option factory installed there is no a/c to connect the controls to. The vents in the headliner are present in all models as they only produce one headliner for the whole line. Just as there are 3rd row seat belt holes in the D pillar trim but the PIU has no 3rd row or...
  5. K

Rear Air Control PIU?

If you don't have rear controls on the center stack then its not equipped with rear A/C. In models with rear A/C the rear console controls are optional & default control is on the center IC. I have personally never seen a PIU with the rear AC option unless it also has the government...
  6. K

Leaking Motor Mount

For anyone that wants to tackle the passenger side mount,its pretty straight forward. I had to return the aftermarket mount because since my mount was replaced with the revised mount under warranty the mounting would not fit. Ended up getting OEM parts from an online dealership for about $100. I...
  7. K

Rear Air Control PIU?

The headliner yes, the D pillar no.
  8. K

Leaking Motor Mount

As I recall it’s 2 years or 12k miles, both dealers I spoke with advised I was on my own. I am sure there is some risk on the eBay parts but at this point, one I am fine accepting.
  9. K

Unless you actually want the floor mounted shifter, you can just order the PIU top panel that only contains cup holders with no shifter hole. I still have my OEM retail console collecting dust. Folks have robbed a few pieces off it but it’s free to anyone that wants to pay for shipping.
  10. K

Rear Air Control PIU?

Yes, all headliners have the vents no matter if they have the rear a/c option. Most PIUs do not have rear air, if equipped the front IC will contain rear controls at the bottom like the retail versions
  11. K

Leaking Motor Mount

So my "updated" mount replaced under warranty has now started leaking, lasted about 20k miles (now 25k miles out of warranty). I just ordered an aftermarket off ebay for $40 it cant do much worse than the OEM's. Anyone else had multiple failures?
  12. K

^this is just a retail model console. No PIU comes with floor mounted shifter. BTW I still have my retail console shell. Its missing several pieces but if anyone wants it PM me.
  13. K

Rear A/C controls on 2016 + Interceptor?

Rear air is an option on the PIU, the vehicles you are looking at simply do not have the option. Its standard on the retail. Can it be added, yes but probably not worth the cost or time.
  14. K

Leaking Motor Mount

Indeed this was a hydraulic mount, it was leaking, and the repair is covered under the power-train warranty.
  15. K

Leaking Motor Mount

Hey all, Does anyone know if the 2015 naturally aspirated engine has hydraulic motor mounts? Doing service on my Explorer this afternoon and the lower part of the upper passenger side mount motor mount is covered in what looks like a red fluid and its leaked all down the rail onto the lower...
  16. K

I still have my OEM console collecting dust in my garage. Here is whats left, let me know if anyone can use it;
  17. K

Yea, PM me your number and I will text ya some pic's this evening. Its mostly complete, missing side panels, rear ac controls, & all power outlets/Aux input panel. Most of the mounts are included, I think one or two were needed to mount my Havis console. Doubt I can locate any of the mounting...
  18. K

BTW if anyone wants an OEM retail console from a 2015 that was removed at purchase, let me know. I will give mine away for shipping costs. I scavenged a few panels off it, but for the most part its just collecting dust in my garage.
  19. K

That is the OEM console offered as a factory installed option on the PI. Its basically a retail console with a different face plate that does not have the shiftier hole.
  20. K

Console Shift Indicator - Does it light the position?

No, the letters on the console simply give you an idea of where the gear is. Indicator is in the instrument cluster.
  21. K

Adding Keyless Entry Keypad and Mating it to Vehicle?

I believe Jason is correct, MY2016 vehicles cannot be user programed. MY2015 and below can.
  22. K

OEM Tires Lack of Road Hazard

I don't buy road hazard on aftermarket tires either... For the cost of the insurance policy x4 I can buy a new tire..
  23. K

Any 2011+ ham radio guys??

He removed his 3rd row seats and installed the panel used on interceptors.
  24. K

Why Won't Ford do This....?

The original Explorer was body on frame, as most automakers, this design has been transitioned to a crossover uni-body. This is just the modern manufacturing standard outside of large SUV's such as the expedition. You can still get true on demand four wheel drive, it just wont be on an explorer...
  25. K

Wiring UHF radio to regular 2016 Explorer

I have had mine cut out several times, pretty sure I was well below 123MPH. I do have a naturally aspirated V6 model. Given yours is AWD, I assume you have the ecoboost engine? If so they may have a higher governed speed.
Back