Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

FordPass Connection Issue

Barry, I posted about this in the past. Had the same issue. Just removed the app and reinstalled and the vitals started populating. Good luck
  2. G

SYNC 3 latest version

So I see what you are saying. That is odd that a scan feature is not available. I went out and looked at mine again.
  3. G

SYNC 3 latest version

I have a 2018 Sport with the Sony audio system. Seek is buttons to the left of the volume control and tune buttons are to the right. Can you post a pix of your center dash?
  4. G

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

I found another entry on the F150forum.com by CubsblueFX4 ( #15 7/13/2020) stating: { The number I called that seemed to be the most beneficial is actually a number for Lincoln, 800-521-4140. They escalated my issue and within a couple days I received an email from an 'In-Vehicle Technology...
  5. G

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

Hi Gary, So I found on the F150 forum all these people with the same issue. It seems a senior member called Acool has a fix but you have to pm him. Here is what he says: { The "fix" works by overwriting the NAV files so you can replace them again with your install (it first breaks your...
  6. G

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

OK. As far as Ford not seeing you updated there was a final step I had to do where they have you point your pc to a particular file and that confirms you updated Sync. Don't recall the specifics Does your pc only have one version of the latest maps. Remember they don't want you pointing your...
  7. G

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

I found this Gary:
  8. G

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

Gary, I recently updated my 18 Sport. The maps version is NA2 20. I first updated sync to 20204. Then updated the maps to NA2 20. On my first attempt I tried to update the maps only using my then sync build 17276 . It threw an error that sync needed updating first before the maps could be...
  9. G

Grinding noise in dash

This worked for me: Interesting, sounds like a little motor (servo?).
  10. G

Radio Won't Tune 87.7

Barry, 87.7 is actually considered a TV audio frequency and at some point was dropped from fm receivers. I suspect it had to do with the switchover to High Def TV. My 2018 ex sport also just tunes to 87.9 but my 97 Ex xlt does tune to 87.7. Possibly the station you want to receive simulcasts...
  11. G

Liftgate always dirty

I use the " original california duster" on my Ex. Will take the dust/ pollen off quickly on the entire vehicle. Car collectors use the same.
  12. G

2012 XLT (not Sony) whining in only one door speaker.

So the front right speaker whines but plays audio source without distortion? So I take it you hear the whine with the volume all the way down but do lose the audio source completely when the volume is turned completely down? If thats the case the issue would point to a right front amplifier...
  13. G

2012 XLT (not Sony) whining in only one door speaker.

Does the right door speaker play the audio source ALONG with the whine when powered on OR just whines when playng an audio source when on? Does the rear right speaker play normally?
  14. G

engine won't stay on and runs cold

I will add my experience. I have a 97 XLT/ 4.0 SOHC bought new. The common issue with the poor idling when cold was the upper & lower air intake gaskets would get brittle. When engine is cold the gaskets would leak and you would need to baby the idle until the engine got warm ( gaskets got...
  15. G

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

Michael, My Ford Pass was out over the weekend . Yesterday I just uninstalled/ reinstalled the app and the telemetry now populates. Give it a try.
  16. G

Explorer SiriusXM Stuck "Acquiring Signal" (Intermittent) 2018 Models

My dealer just replaced the ACM also on friday for the "aquiring signal" issue. The adviser stated their test equipment measured the signal in & out and determined the ACM was bad. it is a complete assembly including the cd player. I have a 2018 sport purchased in february. Just started having...
Back