Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Selling my 99

pics
  2. B

Selling my 99

4.0 petrol with lpg conversion. mot till july, starts runs and drives fine. has uprated brakes, suspension, Magna core leads, spitfire plugs. k&n induction, aftermarket stereo with sub and amp and steering wheel controls. A frame bull bar. roof rack. have tow bar here also but needs fitting...
  3. B

Wheel & tyre package for 2015 Explorer

I'm looking for something new for the winter. I think there will be a good few people on here that will be interested.
  4. B

Did some jobs now lights on dash and speedo not working

I replaced the front pipes/lines, not the rear. at the rear I only changed the pads. my wife said it was the same on Friday. so not sure why it's doing what it's doing
  5. B

unsure, my wife just Informed me that it was like that the other day, "before" I started working in the car. I remember the abs light coming on but hadn't payed much attention. I can't recall the speedo/odometer not working though.
  6. B

and the odometer not workinh
  7. B

replaced steering rack 2 new brake pipes new pads all round now I have abs light always on, airbag code 52 and no speedo. any ideas?
  8. B

a touch like a an elephant

Not sure how I've managed this one but ive snapped my feet urn pipe on my power steering cooler trying to get the clip off.. good job I've got a donor
  9. B

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

I want those lights!!!!! I have a green Explorer!!
  10. B

Wanted Side Steps/Running Boards

There's a few sets of universals in gumtree going cheap atm
  11. B

Battery Drain

Another thing to check is the interior light switch. If it's rotated all the way up till it clocks, then the lights remain on. children have a habit of turning that for some reason.
  12. B

Can't get steering rack out... Help!!

done... what a nightmare that was, when I remove my rack from my 98 I plan to document it with a decent write up or video showing a relitively decent way to remove it. It's took me 7 hours just to get it out. absolutely rediculas amount of time. but now I know what order to do things, I should...
  13. B

Can't get steering rack out... Help!!

so I'm swapping out a string rack from my 97 to my 98 due to a leak and the 97 being used for offroad only so it's not really an issue if it's a bit leaky. However, I can't get the rack out. my main issues are can't get the screws undone on the pipes and I can't get the bushings out to...
  14. B

various parts for sale.

hi guys, I have for sale the following 1 set of standard side skirts and archest 1 set north face side skirts and arches complete set of 97 rear interior plastics. 97 carpets 97 centre console 97 front and rear light clusters 97 front and rear bumpers. 1 set alloy rims various...
  15. B

kirton offroad centre Halloween weekender meet

That's a tad closer than me I think lol. I was down your way the other day, was in Tamworth.
  16. B

Anyone know what this is??

Before I start searching for the model number etc I could do with finding out what the pale blue with pink stripe wire is for... If the unit needs one positive and one ground then why has it been wired from the battery to the unit, then back into the harness? personally I would have wired it...
  17. B

I would like to wire it up properly to enable it to function correctly but without the battery drain. do you have any idea how these things should be wired? it seems to only have 2 x positive leads. One from battery to unit, and one from unit to harness. It is horribly connected to a...
  18. B

Shackles

payment sent kev
  19. B

Torsion twist for dummies! (pics included)

Any new pics available for this please?
  20. B

sounds plausible, but why would such a device be needed? also I discovered that the wires and rocker switch were not related as the cylinder is crudely wired into the harness. also is there any real use for such a device and why is it causing a half amp drain from the battery?
  21. B

Odd radio issue.

There's usually a blue/white remote wire that connects to the ignition and a red positive to the battery. ive known a lot of people that don't connect the remote wire and it leaves the radio off when the ignition is switched off. The memory wire I can't remember what that connects to but if I...
  22. B

black canister with hose connecting to oil pressure sensor. has wires running from the battery and then to an unknown location. There was same grade wire connected to a rocker switch in the steering column that had been cut so I removed it. I'm assuming they have something in common. any...
  23. B

No Start After M0012 Kit Install

ok so here's my boggle.... I have a similar canister connected to my 98... its considerably larger and has one pipe running to the crank case in the same manor as yours. then it has positive wires running to and from it but I can't figure out where they go. when I got the 98 there was a rocker...
  24. B

Wanted Side Steps/Running Boards

I found mine in a scrap yard attached to a breaker... check ebay for breaking exs and you might land lucky
  25. B

are they the same

98 and 99 are identical filters, I have both 98 and 99 and changed both recently. they're the same
Back