Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

97/00 4.0 injector issue!

The Answer is yes, you have to run the original Fuel Injectors, the 00 were for a non -egr motor so its less fuel pressure, put the originals back in, runs perfect!
  2. R

Cam pos sens. Wiring conversion PROBLEM! 3 wire to 2 wire!

3-2 wire update Ok, so these 2 wire 3 wire cps use different signal waves, and your comp. will not recognize an incorrect wave, all those 4.0 blocks are damn near the same, so use the right cam synchronizer for your wire harness do not try to convert from 3 to 2 wire or vice versa, u can...
  3. R

97/00 4.0 injector issue!

So I swapped my earlier 97 4.0, with a 2000 4.0 motor, changed over all my egr,intake, manifolds, cam pos. sensor, everything, did everything to shut off check engine light, so there are no more codes being thrown, truck spits and sputters, piss poor throttle response, you get the idea, I'm...
  4. R

Pulling Engine Need Some Advice

I myself have only pulled a few engines, I have that exact same motor in my mustang, that I have had out, I never removed the heads to attach the bolts. I also pulled the motor(4.0) in my ranger and left the trans in place, The best spot to put your rear chain bolt is in the bell housing with a...
  5. R

Cam pos sens. Wiring conversion PROBLEM! 3 wire to 2 wire!

Ok, i'm sure many of you are familiar with what I am talking about, Does anybody know how to do this, is it even possible! I put a 2000 4.0 (OHV) motor which has a 2 wire cam positioning sensor into a 97 ranger that had a three wire cam positioning sensor, snipped my old plug, have new plug...
Back