Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Odometer Died

I have the same problem on my 96 5.0. The problem is with the plastic gears somewhere inside the speedo. I found a local guy here in San Antonio that can repair it. The problem is i'll have to remove it and take it to him. Will post results if and when it can be repaired.
  2. J

Ford Racing or Torque Monster

Wrong answer boominXplorer. I called the Ford Motorsports tech line today. They are selling shorty headers for the 5.0L Explorer. You can order the part from Summit Racing (FMS-M-9430-E52 HEADER EXPLORER $349.95 ) or Ford Motorsports (M-9430-E52 $379.95 ). They will :us: fit 1996-1998...
  3. J

Tranny leak

97BLACK, What do I need to do to inspect it to make sure its not the torque converter leaking.
  4. J

Tranny leak

Thanks in advance for the advice and help. I have a 96 5.0L AWD Eddie B Explorer. A couple of days ago I noticed a burning smell coming from under the vehicle. Upon checking it out I found that there was a leak coming from a large round plug on the transmission. My question is, is it the...
  5. J

Experiences with aftermarket 6.5" Subs

JC Whitney carries a 6.5 from Pyramid for 12.99. The one on my 96 went out, the pyramid sounds pretty good.
  6. J

Cost and labor to replace computer?

Bluevolume you can buy a computer from www.fordpartscheap.com for about 250.00
  7. J

Starting problem after IAC problem

Did you disconnect the battery to reset the computer.
  8. J

San Antonio?

96 Eddie Bauer 5.0L AWD
  9. J

Seafoam.....My experience, HELP !!

A 5.0 is not the same as a V-6 I can't find a vacum line. Here's what you need to do. 1. Remove the air temperature sensor from the air intake hose, located in front of the throttle body. 2. Find a piece of flexible hose or tubing 6" to 12". 12" or longer works better 3. Buy a ketchup...
  10. J

New Engine?

Try Central Coast Mustang. They make a 320 Hp 5.0L longbolck w/GT 40P heads for $1895.00.
  11. J

Dual exhaust question

It seems like you all want to run duals out the back like the Mustang 5.0.L I have two Moroso spiral flow mufflers and a couple of Z28 chrome tips that im about to have installed in a couple of weeks. I've been quoted a price of $400.00 for pipe bending and labor to run duals out (back) both...
  12. J

5.0 Exhaust

I'm about to ditch the rear cats and install a couple of moroso spiral flow mufflers w\chrome Z28 tips exiting in front of the passenger side rear wheel. You should try this instead of the glasspacks.
  13. J

Any opinins on this air intake setup...

It comes with a K&N or you can order your own filter.
  14. J

Any opinins on this air intake setup...

Don't buy it. I bought one about three months ago, the MAF meter adapter does not fit. Don't waste your money on it. I found a better setup on a Ford Ranger site. This site has an adapter that fits the Explorer MAF it will work with 8 or 6 cylinder http://www.ssd4u.com/streetsmart_015.htm.
  15. J

Seafoam on V8

I'll see what I can do. Look for it this weekend.
  16. J

Seafoam on V8

A 5.0 is not the same as a V-6 I can't find a vacum line. Here's what you need to do. 1. Remove the air temperature sensor from the air intake hose, located in front of the throttle body. 2. Find a piece of flexible hose or tubing 6" to 12". 12" or longer works better 3. Buy a ketchup...
  17. J

SeaFoam is a gift from above!

How did you get the seafoam into the throttle body? Did you the tube that connects to the oil filler.
  18. J

Odometers

My trip OD. & mileage OD. stopped working at 168000. The speedo still works, has this happened to any of you and what did you do to fix the problem.
Back