Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2016 Explorer Sport musty smell coming from AC

My 2016 has just under 36k miles. The smell isn't overwhelming and normally if it was under warranty I would ignore it for now and hope it went away, but I only have about a week left before the warranty runs out. The smell doesn't seem like the exhaust smell that has been discussed and it...
  2. J

Explorer hood vibrates

Yes sounds like the same issue. For me it happened when the cowl would get hot later in the day. Was a quick fix and no issues since.
  3. J

Explorer hood vibrates

I will say that it didn't matter if I had the radio on full blast, the noise was unmistakable.
  4. J

Explorer hood vibrates

I couldn't tell if it was coming from the hood or the cowl. The best I could describe it was a vibrating/humming noise coming from the direction of the hood.. The cowl wasn't noticeably separated.. It was a little loose if I physically tried to peel it back.. I haven't done an inspection post...
  5. J

Explorer hood vibrates

My 2016 was fixed last week. The shop manager knew exactly what the issue was... The cowl was not sealed properly and they replaced some pins that hold the cowl into place under the hood? I think that is what they told me.
  6. J

2016 Ex Sport After 5k Miles Thoughts

As far as the liftgate goes you can hit the button on it's way up and it will stop before you hit the garage door. I have the same issue. When you hit the button again it will go down instead of continuing up.
  7. J

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

I have the same bulbs people are getting from amazon, but now that the ones from Ford are available does anyone know what the difference would be? Are the Ford's going to be worth upgrading to?
  8. J

2nd row bucket seats w/ console question

I've got a 2016 with rear bucket seats without the center console.. I don't like there being a hole or gap in the center when I have all the seats folded down (easy for my dog to fall in), also I don't like having the open space there when I have just the 3rd row seat folded down (easy for...
  9. J

Explorer hood vibrates

Hey Todd, I PM'ed you the info yesterday.. Thanks.
  10. J

Explorer hood vibrates

I have a 2016 but the same issue.. I went to my dealer and they said they were aware of the bulletin but they said it was a 3 hour job but that they were backed up and if I dropped it off yesterday it would be next week before they could fix it.. What a joke. I guess I need to find a different...
  11. J

Explorer hood vibrates

I am glad I have found this thread.. I have been having the same issue with my '16 sport. I have noticed that the rubber seemed to be maybe not sealed all the way against the glass (right below the wiper blade). For other people with the problem is this the same case with yall? I thought about...
  12. J

Is this a good deal on a new Explorer?

Sticker on my 2016 sport fully loaded (without the rear entertainment system) was between $52k-$53k, I got them down to somewhere between $47k-$48k... We don't have state sales tax though, not sure how that changes things.
  13. J

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Does anyone have experience putting a black emblem on a leased vehicle and if it complicated matters when turning it back in? If I go the overlay route can they be peeled off without messing up the blue one?
  14. J

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Keep me posted with what you end up doing. The 2016s might be a little trickier because I don't think the prior models had the front camera that sits right below the emblem (I think that's where it is), and also the grill is different so the steps that people have outlined here may not be...
  15. J

I received the same ones you used last night.. I'm going to try and install them myself if it is as easy as you say, but I am probably the least handy guy when it comes to this stuff as you'll come across, haha.
  16. J

I just came from a 2013 Edge Sport.. It was a good car and had zero problems with it, but I got jealous and mad I didn't go with an Explorer every time an Explorer Sport pulled up next to me..
  17. J

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-s.html My buddy has the same problem on his F150 and he has been waiting on these.. They are supposed to be better than just replacing them with LED bulbs.
  18. J

How did they look at night? I've only had my sport a couple days and just noticed them this morning... Is it as easy has plugging the new LED lights into where the existing halogens are or is there some sort of conversion kit needed?
  19. J

Dilemma 2016 or wait on 2017

Good news. The dealer that had what I wanted matched my other offer.. Paperwork done and picking it up in a couple hours!
  20. J

That is what I was initially thinking.. But I didn't place the order in my name, the dealership just ordered one on my behalf and I have first dibs on it.. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.. I am going to give the other dealership that has it in stock a chance to match the...
  21. J

Thanks everyone for the replies. I found a dealership yesterday close to where I work that had a fully loaded black sport on the lot, and it was parked next to a 2015 black sport, so it was good to see them side by side... I was also thinking about going with the 2015 short term with all the...
  22. J

Thanks for the welcome.
  23. J

Yes my Edge has the 22's. I have liked it a lot and it drives great.. Ford is making some money on them though. My wheels were stolen last December and it cost my insurance something like $7500 to replace them.. This is what mine looks like except I have the premium package with the panoramic...
  24. J

I currently have an Edge Sport and have been looking forward to upgrading to the Explorer, but I am disappointed after reading that Sync3 won't be available on the 2016... My current lease isn't up for 10 months but I don't have negative equity in my car if I were to trade it in early. Does...
Back