Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Ebay I just bought a battery powered detector for under $15
  2. G

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

One solution for rusted door bottoms I used SEM 39803 Clear Chip Guard spray can on the bottoms of the doors. This product puts on a clear, heavy textured coating. So far it is working very well but if in a year it does wear off, plenty in the can left to refinish the door bottoms again. You...
  3. G

Rim clear coat corroding

Corrosion Ford replaced my corroded wheels, changed and balanced the tires for free under the factory warranty. The new wheels are clearcoated on the inside. That was the original problem. You still have the factory warranty for 3 years.
  4. G

Paint Issues - Non Hood

Spoiler alert for 2013 Explorer Just noticed the bottom of the drivers and passenger doors have the paint rubbed off to bare metal. Talking about the very bottom edge, it contacts the black interior trim and wears the paint off. Mine has 25000 miles. Noticed a rust spot. Check it out.
  5. G

Aluminum wheel corrosion - Spidering

Corroded aluminum wheels Ford after 2 picture taking stints, replaced all four of my wheels today. I am totally satisfied. Interesting to know for the guys with this problem is the new rims are completely clear coated inside and out. Good luck with yours.
  6. G

I've never lost a stick on but I have lost old clamp ons.
  7. G

wheel weights How about the clowns using 1930 style weights to balance tires. Not only are they ugly but they ruin the clear coat everytime.
  8. G

New wheels from Ford After two separate picture taking dealer visits Ford informed me they would replace the wheels. I do believe this was the right thing to do under the 3 year warranty as all the clear coat had failed from the back of the spokes to the front.
  9. G

Yes this is a clear coat problem not a polish problem. No way an easy fix.
  10. G

I went to the Dealer today for a second set of pictures for Ford, this time wheels off the Explorer and cleaned. Ford should clearly state that the rims will corrode in a year when we buy these $40000+ vehicles.
  11. G

Not all true. If the corrosion goes under the bead your tires go flat. I've had that happen. Besides we paid thousands for those wheels now the donuts look better.
  12. G

corroding wheels I too am having corrosion on all four wheels of my 2013 Limited Explorer. Took it to the dealer who submitted pictures to Ford 3 weeks ago. Now Ford wants me to take it back to the dealer next week to clean the wheels and retake pictures. Problem is Ford "engineers" you did not...
  13. G

Rim clear coat corroding

Are you related to Henry Ford Ford is giving me a big run around. They now want me to make another appointment. They want to take the wheels off of the Explorer and clean them and take new pictures. I will let you know if I'm still a Ford guy in a few weeks.
  14. G

Rim clear coat corroding

rim corrosion I took the Explorer to the dealer 2 weeks ago . He took a lot of pictures. No word from Ford yet. I can predict one thing on these rims. The same corrosion is going to get under the tire beads and start leaking. I will post Fords reply. Good to know I am not alone.
  15. G

Rim clear coat corroding

My 20 inch rims on my 2013 Explorer are corroding under the clearcoat. I took off the wheel and found Ford did not clearcoat the inside of the rim. Now I have these little (trees) of corrosion coming from the inside to the outside spokes. I'm seeing a Ford dealer next week but expect a stone...
Back