Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Thank you EVERYONE!!!

That's a heck of a price OTD. I was 48 OTD and I thought I did well. Good job - I have the same exact one. One year and 15,000 miles later and still happy with my purchase. I am still debating on getting a livernois tuner to really unleash this beast. Seeing yours reminds me how beautiful...
  2. E

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I had the rattle, which was documented earlier in this thread. The dealer was no help at all. I ended up using a torx with an extension and tightened up the bolts on the rails and it has not come back since, almost a year later.
  3. E

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Although I am not north of the border like you guys, I am an avid snowmobiler and I spent most of the winter weekends in Michigan, The UP of Michigan and northern, WI. I had no issues with traction or stopping on the Ventus S1's - pulling the snowmobiles and all. Some of the roads you drive...
  4. E

2016 Ford Explorer review, thoughts?

X2 I have had the MFT in the passed 2 vehicles I have had, and wondered what all the negative pub was about. Although I understand the system was temperamental at first, with the updates and patches, this, to me, is one of the better systems out there. Yet everywhere you read in the media...
  5. E

2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale.

That is absolutely incredible! That guy does not deserve a job and that dealer does not deserve to sell Ford's, or any vehicle for that matter. I bet you can get lifetime maintenance etc with the ownership of that video haha.
  6. E

XLT / Sport Appearance Package

So the people that actually spring for the money to buy a sport for that sport look get to have their endeavors watered down by a vehicle that looks like, but isn't the real thing
  7. E

Couple questions about my new 2016 Sport

Been towing with my '16 all winter. Just pull from the bottom and then from the bottom right or lift side then the tops comes right off. To put back on, do the opposite. Easy peasy - I have had no issues.
  8. E

2016 Plat Explorer -Scully's ride in new X-Files

This is them now!? Wow, they look incredible. Haha he has got a sick ride. I need to watch get into this again.
  9. E

Chrysler confirmed Hellcat engine will go into Grand Cherokee

It's a nice thought, but put a $600 tuner in a Sport and run right there with the SRT that costs 20k more than the Sport. I do not know how much faster you need to drive a 3-row SUV before toppling it. Another Chrysler gimmick vehicle - nice things to talk about but never practical and set...
  10. E

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

Explorer's power train is way more reliable in recent model years.
  11. E

Can you order 2016 with power liftgate w/o foot activation?

No, you cannot. When i bought my '16, I thought that was one of the features I could have done without - until I used it. Now it is one of my favorite features. I have not had any issues on it being accidentally triggered as stated above.
  12. E

Buy or not buy the ESP premium care plan

I purchased the 8yr 125k premium care from Lombard Ford in Connecticut. 0% for 12 months, could not beat it. When a vehicle has a warranty left on it even with 100k to sell outright, it's a no-brainer. To me, it is worth it for the electronics. Not worried about the power train BUT if a...
  13. E

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I had the issue on my 2016 Sport, as I stated above. I used a T25 torx and 1/4" drive extension and ratcheted down the 4 bolts on each side of the rail. Some every went a full turn or more. And no more rattle. You got the same lip service I got from my dealer. Mine even had this car for a...
  14. E

Ford did it again

Ford gets the best HP out of the smallest engines without the sacrifice of reliability. Nothing like a Ford power train these days. They are leaps and bounds above the other North American auto makers IMO, especially in innovation and design. Chevy had its day back in the late 60's with...
  15. E

What is everyone paying for their 16 Explorer's? I just put a deposit down.

There is nothing wrong with MFT. It looks better than sync3 and works flawlessly for me on my iPhone. Tbh, I do not understand this misconception about MFT. I love the quadrant design. The Chrysler and GM systems are horrible in comparison IMO and sync3 looks generic to me.
  16. E

Went and picked up the Platinum last night!!!

Beautiful ride and backdrop. They have one of those at Weather Tech showroom (Bolingbrook, IL showroom is about 50' from my work so just went over there on lunch), showing off their products on it. Very gorgeous vehicle in and out. Roll Tide
  17. E

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I have over 10k miles on my '16 and noticed the sulphur smell for a short span, but it always quickly dissipated. Now I do not even have a hint of smell in the cabin, no matter what driving conditions. I think it was just the CC burning off when I was breaking her in. Everything is great so...
  18. E

Hands-Free tailgate issues

I wish I knew more, but I have not experienced this. The only time it has unexpectedly moved is when a few guys were huddled around the trailer hitch working on the trailer when it unexpectedly began to close. Is the area you park completely clear (i.e. floor, no clutter etc)? Other than...
  19. E

Dislike the 2016 Key Fob Design?

Understood. But when you speak in absolutes (not just observations), these are the type of responses you will get on the internet. As you called the design a "PITA" others have a right to testify their positive experiences, contrary as they may be to yours. I like the Ford design and I...
  20. E

Rattles Driving me CRAZY (Solved)

Ha! I think I left a $20 back there, did you find it? I know how you feel about the rattles. I have had 3 Ford's before this one and never had a rattle issue until this. I was driving with the rattle issue on the moon roof (drove me completely bonkers) that I ended up fixing myself after the...
  21. E

Dislike the 2016 Key Fob Design?

+1 Same person that would be complaining if they made it too small. "I keep losing it. WTF Ford!" I have not had an issue with it. It's funny, because someone with a Highlander at work has his go off about 5 times a week. Man I would hate to see the forum thread on that one :D
  22. E

Am I being too picky?

This has been discussed on here recently. You are not being picky. Many on here, including myself, bypass the "courtesy" wash - strong sarcasm quotes around courtesy.
  23. E

Explorer Sport emblem

I use a q tip around that area. Works great. I would never consider taking it off, so I found a way to work around it :)
  24. E

2016 sport first oil change ....

I tell my dealer to forget the wash and they give me a condescending look as if I am costing some half assed porter his job. I keep my vehicles polished and waxed and they end up looking worse than when I brought them in. I could see if someone took some pride in his/her job, but as both of...
  25. E

Glove box door rattle/squeak

Can we appoint this guy the ultimate troll yet?
Back