Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Why would anyone want to look like they are driving a cop car

Sarge, I don't wanna question your skills, but how do you kill someone with a piece of gum?
  2. W

2016 Explorer

Did I read that right or should I check my glasses? 2 months old and 24,000 miles?! ETA: Never mind. Should've checked either my glasses or reading comprehension. A YEAR and two months old. Still a lotta miles, but hey, what's the point of a vehicle if you don't drive it?
  3. W

Thank you EVERYONE!!!

Hey Graf your new ride is sharp as hell!! That baby is a beaut! Best of luck and many happy miles.
  4. W

Strength of the Explorer/Utility Interceptor

Thank God the police officer wasn't in it when it was hit. Obviously improvements have been made on the "new" Interceptors as the CVPI probably would've instantly caught on fire from a rear end collision of this magnitude. Nice job, Ford!
  5. W

Squeaky Power Moonroof Shade

2015 XLT here with same problem. Quiet when I first got it, now squeaks. I've seen other posts on this as well and, based on the responses, it doesn't seem like a dealer visit is going to help much apparently. If they're going to lube it up only to have it happen again, no point. You're not...
  6. W

Text messaging has stopped for my SYNC?

I'm glad you figured it out, Carnivore because that's what I had to do and it worked. I know it's extremely frustrating when it doesn't work the way it's supposed to be and you can't figure out why so I'm glad it's working now for you.
  7. W

Nav Volume

FWIW I have the same problem. If you turn up the volume, when you press the voice command button it's like she's screaming "PLEASE SAY A COMMAND," but, like the OP, when giving turn-by-turn directions she's barely audible. Thank you, Jason. I absolutely will try this next time I know she's...
  8. W

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

I have been using an app called Road Trip for years and love it. Check it out.
  9. W

Factory Remote Start doesnt work in Cold weather (below 40F)

No, napalm, no rain or snow (fortunately!) just bone chilling cold. I figured it had something to do with the cold, which is why I didn't think it a big deal. Just something I noticed. We haven't had these temps in my area for literally 100 years (we broke a record set in 1916) so I figured...
  10. W

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

I, too am in the low range. Highest I ever got (1 time) was 321. Normally I'm between 260-280/5 between fill ups. Why I hate the 18 gal tank.
  11. W

Factory Remote Start doesnt work in Cold weather (below 40F)

On mine, what.m I did notice is in the extreme temps we had recently (-3 real temp, -15 to -25 w/windchill) the distance I was able to remote start from was severely impacted. I had to be much closer to the truck to start it with remote start than usual. It did start ok, and the heated seats...
  12. W

Terrain Management System Question

Before I purchased my 2015, I rented one and, as we all do with rental cars, used that as an opportunity to "test" things I wouldn't do on my own vehicle. I switched modes consistently while driving to see what each mode would do. I did feel the difference, but saw and felt no ill effects from...
  13. W

Google Maps or Waze Directions on bluetooth

I use Waze also without a problem with it interrupting whatever it is in listening to and giving me either the directions or the warning. One important note, in the Settings on Waze itself, under sound, I have it set to "prefer Bluetooth" over the other one. That's when it first started coming...
  14. W

Disable LED Signature Lights

Thanks, JM. I wasn't sure if it was that easy in the civilian model or even if that was an option the dealer could change in the computer. I'll check it out. Thanks again.
  15. W

Disable LED Signature Lights

Sgt1411 that website says it has solutions for Police Vehicles and in all its brochures regarding the PIM and Dark Mode, it refers to the Interceptor. Does anyone know if it works on the civilian model and/or if it's plug and play on the civilian model. One of the things I hate about the Ex...
  16. W

MFT 3.8 bug and downgrade to 3.7.11

For some reason the smiley emoticons are not working on my cell so I'll just say it: I'm ROTFLMAO at that one, Peter! That's hysterical!
  17. W

3.5 Ecoboost slow engine warmup

Of all the Fords in my life that I've owned and driven, as well as the GMs, Ford takes the longest to warm up. I don't know why that is. In my GM, my car would be "off the Cold mark" on the gauge when I reach the exit to my complex. The GM van I drove for work was similarly "off Cold" very...
  18. W

2016 Explorer with MFT - Add Climate Control to Instrument Cluster

Similar thing happened to my wife years ago when she hit a tree. As for an explanation, she said "it wasn't my fault! I blew the horn!" :D
  19. W

explorer 2016 Base from Hell

Cannot let this thread die without thanking Ello for this post. I didn't see it originally and now I know why as the OP said s/he edited their post. All I can add to this is amen my fellow Union brother (or sister)! Proud CWA Local 1104 member here.
  20. W

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

You have access to all climate controls while updating, just not using the MFT screen. You have to use the buttons for the 20 minutes or so it takes to update. I did mine when air conditioning was needed and specifically remember the site saying use the climate controls on the center stack.
  21. W

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Me too. 2015 with 3200 miles, 5 months old.
  22. W

How to buy Police Interceptor Utility

Well that makes sense. Thanks, CW and PIUtility!
  23. W

How to buy Police Interceptor Utility

As long as this is on the top, I have a question about the PIs: I know they have the gearshift on the column, so where is the stalk that controls the wipers? I haven't seen the interior of one of these close up so I've been wondering. Thanks.
  24. W

Battery Life

Wow! That's a LONG time for a battery. You jinxed yourself in furtherance of helping someone on this thread. You get a cigar from the board. :)
Back