Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Short Lived In the Explorer World

Ahh yeah, Ive never had a v8 before I always settled on the cheaper models of the cars I got due to budget (college student) but now I don't really have anything to spend my check on since pretty much everything is provided, I decided to get exactly what I wanted, Already put like 200 miles on...
  2. C

Squeaky headliner

Fixed my squeaky headliner problem, its now someone elses problem now lol. Traded in the Ex for this baby today.
  3. C

Short Lived In the Explorer World

Welp, Traded in my Explorer, had it 6 months 3 days lol 4500 miles. I missed mustangs to much and being a single 22 year old male I didn't see the point to an explorer anymore. I bought it to have 4wd and more practical space and stuff, but I never used the extra space, and never had more then...
  4. C

Squeaky headliner

Its very noticeable in person, my phone picked up a lot more road noise then you hear in person too. And road noise doesn't stop when you hold the headliner.
  5. C

Squeaky headliner

Made a video of what mines doing. https://youtu.be/mVvquQpOh84
  6. C

Squeaky headliner

Im new to the Charleston Area so I don't know where my nearest Ford dealership even is LOL, Once I get settled In and find some time I'll take her in and see what they say.
  7. C

Squeaky headliner

After driving my 2015 explorer 1000 miles back to base (It only has 4k miles on it now) but being alone in the car for 1000 miles made me notice my headliner squeaks reallly bad. About drove me nuts. I could tell the sound was coming from above the front seats, and if you pushed or put your hand...
  8. C

2 awesome Explorer Accesories (must haves)

For me the best (and cheap) mod i did was the LED inside and rear plate lights. Well worth the money for a custom look inside.
  9. C

2016 Sport No Auto windows for rear

My 2015 base only has auto window on the driver side, I had both driver and passenger window auto down on my Mustang, but what can you do. Just hold the button for 4-5 seconds and its down.
  10. C

2013 Ford Explorer Built Sheet

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin= enter your VIN number after the = in that URL, I have mine in my signature if you need an example.
  11. C

2011-15 vs '16 rear bumper

I do not believe the bumpers are the same, from looking at them they look different.
  12. C

Limited Floor color

Yeah it will probally be black, My 2015 base has the tan seats and black carpet, and ive yet to see A 2016 on the lot with any floor color but black.
  13. C

Average age of 5th gen. owners

22 male, My explorer is my fifth ride now.
  14. C

Interior lights wont come on?!?

Kind of sounds like the "dark car" function got enabled, do any of the other lights come on when you open the doors (such as the tail lights or puddle lights)
  15. C

My New 2016 Explorer Sport

Looks great, probably one of the only 2016's i actually like.
  16. C

About to let my Explorer sit for 5-6 months, Anything i need to do?

Ill get my oil changed when i come back for it then, I always heard the break in oil should be changed around 3-5k miles and ill probably be right at 3k when it gets parked, but I could also see the oil sitting in the engine for 6 months not being to awesome either, and my free service plan oil...
  17. C

Any 5th Gen Explorer owners with over 100K? Looking at a 2013 with 112k

I only paid 27k for a brand new 2015 4wd base, I think $11k less for 112k miles and 2 years older seems abit much. Kellybluebook is saying it should be priced around 12.5k-15k from fair to perfect.
  18. C

Yeah they just said don't want to run a battery tender down there for that long, worried about keeping something electrical running and catching fire, and also they don't want it on jack stands incase it gets bumped into and falls. So i guess ill just inflate the tires to the sidewall...
  19. C

Its their shop from the family concrete foundation business, doesn't get used anymore its just a huge concrete walled building on their property, was used to store trucks and equipment, So nobody should have a need to bump into my explorer at all, ill put it off to the side so they can still use...
  20. C

I was worried about flat spots too, I just got my rims and tires put on about 200 miles ago, at $180/tire i don't want to replace them for a couple years. Would you recommend leaving the Explorer on jack stands to just keep it off the ground all together?
  21. C

Hello All, Forgive me if this is the wrong sub for this. I love my new 2015 Explorer, I've got around 2200 miles on it so far since I bought it June. I go to U.S Navy basic in around a month, and my Explorer will need to sit in my grandparents shop for around 5-6 months until I get into a...
  22. C

Aftermarket wheels

After looking at hundreds of wheels, I didn't think any would look right on my explorer, but I ended up picking up some KMC Slides in 20 inch. Got Toyo Versado CUV 265/50/R20's mounted on it, and It looks great now IMO. The new wider tires look awesome from the front, gives it alot "meaner"...
  23. C

Is this a good deal on a new Explorer?

Last big hail storm in my state you heard on the radio for weeks after "Our Big Hail Sale" The big "deal" was they left them "as is" all hail damaged on the lot, and would give you double the factory rebates if you accepted it "as is" so buy a brand new car that's already dented to ****, and...
  24. C

All Weather floor mats

I bought the rubber ford mats for my 2012 mustang and my new 2015 explorer, both fit much better then the factory cloth mats, and both sets were fairly easy to clean. I must say being black they collect alot of feet prints, but a bucket of water and a brush and their good as new again. Not...
  25. C

Can you tell the dealership I don't want your dealership badge on my Vehicle?

One of the KIA dealerships a few towns over (closes kia to me, only have ford and chevy in my town) but they put their huuggggggge logo on the back window. Its about 1ft by 1ft and then they put www.kingdomkia.com in huge letters on the top of the back window, and on both rear door windows...
Back