Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Low beam/ high beam issues

Hard to believe but both bulbs are toast and I've amazoned replacements. I had replaced both bulbs about 8 years ago with Sylvania 9005ST and will now use Sylvania 9005 SilverStar Ultras. So I went back over exactly what happened with my wife who was with me. We drove from our home to a...
  2. G

Low beam/ high beam issues

Unfortunate that threads die like this - but maybe with my help we will know. ;-) I just went to the store and on my way back, both headlamps died. Since I live in the middle of nowhere and its night and raining it was a scary drive for 1 mile with just fogs working. Same symptoms as the OP...
  3. G

FCIM (sony faceplate) problem - part # question.

I did find that ebay listing but it has the note "This item is out of stock.", I'll keep looking - thanks for the confirmation. -mick
  4. G

FCIM (sony faceplate) problem - part # question.

So in the past few days, as the temperature has risen (norcal) my FCIM has started acting up by randomly turning off the ac and begins a constant "clicking sound" of a unknown button being repeatedly pressed. Turning the volume dial slightly stops this and I can get things back to normal for a...
  5. G

Trailer Towing Advice

I have a 2013 sport with the factory class III tow option. Have towed anything from a jet ski to cars loaded in a dual axle WellsCargo Auto wagon. Numerous times at or slightly above 5000lb. I've always used a weight distributing hitch along with upgraded front brakes (to slotted and vented)...
  6. G

Explorer Sport purge valve location?

For the sport (3.5 ecoboost), the related code would be P144c and the valve assembly is part # DG1Z-9G271-B. When you remove the engine cover, you will note its held on by three vertical studs. The valve assembly is right behind the back two studs and is very easy to get to. The valve assembly...
  7. G

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Just found this post. My 2013 sport has suffered from this for many many years and my solution was to install a co detector to warn me. Works pretty good. -mick
  8. G

Battery acid and harness warning plus O2 info

Late last year my 2013 explorer sport starting having cascading electrical failures. First was a cat error and then over the next few weeks I saw, O2 errors, A/C failure, charging system warnings and 4WD/PTO errors. To cut a long story short, the source of the failures was an acid damaged engine...
  9. G

2013 Sport - do I have a "PTU with cooler"?

Same and even Ford appears to be inconsistent. Sometimes its "Power Take off Unit" or "Power Takeoff Unit" = PTU and sometimes just "Power Take Off" = PTO. -mick
  10. G

"Battery cable harness" - routes to many sensors. Part DB5Z-14300-D is "Less Transmission Power Take Off" and part DB5Z-14300-E is with "Power Take off Unit With Cooler". The cable connects to a bunch of sensors and I assume the "PTU with cooler" contains an additional sensor which the cable...
  11. G

I'm trying to replace a cable on my 2013 Sport which has the factory tow package. The cable I need is offered in two variations. One part includes a vehicle with "Power Take off Unit With Cooler" and the other "Less Transmission Power Take Off". Multiple web sites say that both parts are...
  12. G

34 pin connector C139 - 2013 sport.

I'm aware of the differences - I was only trying to see if I could de-pin the connector without causing damage which I figured out I can't. -mick
  13. G

No - there are two sections and thats the "other". The harness I need is DB5Z14290RB. -mick
  14. G

The main connector on the main engine harness of my 2013 sport is messed up from battery acid (lovely place to put a major connector). Have problems with many pins / wires. One pic I’ve attached is a sample pic of my actual connector and “broken” wires. Even if I wanted to replace the whole...
  15. G

PCM location

For reasons I wont get into, I had been lead to believe that the PCM was located near the battery - which is why I could not find it and why I was asking where it was. The idea that it might be hidden behind some paneling and that something needed to occur to "access it" never crossed my mind -...
  16. G

PCM location

I figured my post was deleted and so I ended up buying the ford wiring diagram and service manual. Now that I have 20-20 hindsight with the manuals in hand, the pic is technically accurate as its a page from the wiring diagram - but I needed the service manual to know what needed to be done so...
  17. G

PCM location

Can someone point me to the location of the PCM in a 2013 sport? I've found one other thread asking the same but no answer. Or alternatively, can someone suggest which FORD service manual I would need to buy to tell me where it is? Really surprised I can't find a youtube video that includes...
  18. G

2013 sport catalytic converter questions

And if any those post were helpfull I would not have to have post this. Sadly none on ecoboost vehicles. Been there done that. -mick
  19. G

2013 sport catalytic converter questions

I'm trying to make up for some deferred maintenance on my 2013 sport and so I'm starting with a couple of questions re my catalytic converters. 1) I've had a rattle coming from the rear converter area for quite some time but its been hard for me to confirm exactly where. Its a rattle that...
  20. G

Fuel tank range question / DTE

I've just completed over a dozen gas fills in the past 5 days - over 4500 miles from California to back east and back. What I've noticed in my 2013 Exp Sport is that the "Miles to Empty (M2E)" is very suspect. Consistently from a full tank down to 1/4 tank remaining, the M2E gradually overstates...
  21. G

Part help - 2013 explorer sport

I was finally able to find the part number for the plastic left rear trim piece. The diagram of it in the parts book is very marginal and there are at least 4 variations of the part - 2 x color and with and without the 12 speaker system. Black with speaker is EB5Z7831011BB - $200+ list price...
  22. G

Hi - as far as the: Upper Center Pillar Trim Retainer Clip -W710338-S900 Sill Plate Clip The parts diagram showing part #5 actually shows the correct shape of the part however, the part that comes is incorrect and some sort of spring retainer. I'm convinced there is a issue with the parts...
  23. G

It appears that I continue to be a failure trying to determine part numbers for various misc/minor parts. Currently looking for 2 parts from the rear. First part is a retaining clip that secures the trim piece that is removed when removing the spare tire. I've attached 4 pics including one from...
  24. G

Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working.

Use mine at least once everyday in the morning. No issues.... -mick
  25. G

What is this I found in my air filter box?

Well yes and no. While I've changed brakes, batteries and some other things, I've always had the dealer change the air filter until this last time. What happened is that my car was in for the "Works" oil change. They pulled the old filter and told me it needed changing in a phone call - I said...
Back