Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

How much were the parts if you dont mind my asking.
  2. H

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

Has anyone found a working solution for the weatherstripping question? I know it is on the bottom piece of the a-pillar cover, but I don`t want to spend $100-$200 just to have the weather stripping. I am seriously considering just trying to get a generic weather stripping to work by cutting it...
  3. H

A-pillar weatherstripping

I just purchased a new A-pillar plastic cover for my 2011 Explorer. I lost the original one when it flew off driving down the highway. :rolleyes: I have the plastic part/cover, but there is a piece of weather stripping between the plastic part and the windshield. Is there a generic...
  4. H

Steering grinding noise

Unfortunately it was the steering rack. That means about $2K in repairs. :( It needed the parts and alignment. My video is on youtube:
  5. H

Steering grinding noise

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited that started making a rough sounding grinding noise. I can feel it in the steering wheel. It is hard to describe, but it sounds and feels as if someone poured sand into the steering box. I am hoping its something other than the steering rack, as they are quite...
  6. H

3rd Row Seating: only one seat is working

Bumping this back up, as I have the seat apart today. I see the gears/hear housing for the bottom motor that appears to operate the seat back (not the bottom part of the seat) are broken. However, nothing is preventing that motor from spinning. Also, not hearing anything unlatching on the seat...
  7. H

Heater/AC fan suddenly goes full blast

By the "touch control panel", do you mean the LCD touch screen? Or the panel below with the big volume knob? I am hoping the latter, as I would imagine the LCD screen is a fortune to replace. Thanks.
  8. H

Something interesting I found out today while troubleshooting another issue. this seems to happen when the engine fans kick on. :crazy::crazy:
  9. H

Thanks guys! I am not able to get the seat to budge, either the bottom part that is latched to the floor, nor the top part that folds up (the seat back). I have to admit I got a little frustrated and tried a crow bar for a minute. :banghead::banghead: I did recently have an issue where it...
  10. H

I have a 2011 Limited where only the drivers side 3rd row seat is working when you press the buttons to stow. The passenger side is stuck in the "down" position and will not even try to go into the normal or stow positions. I hear no clicking or motors running when I press the buttons. I have...
  11. H

Explorer engaging *hard* when downshifting

Thanks Keith. That definitely sounds like what is going on with it. I don`t have the MERCON® LV on the dipstick though, so I am not sure how that will work out. The fix only seems to apply to cars with that on the dipstick the way I read the TSB. Thanks.
  12. H

Explorer engaging *hard* when downshifting

My 2011 Explorer is engaging hard when downshifting and then giving it gas. It is not consistent, but if I drive it for more than 5 miles it is almost guaranteed to happen. It only happens right after a downshift when I go to give it gas. It will hesitate for a second and then engage really hard...
  13. H

Will the Forscan find anything that the Autel 629 wont find? There are no error codes according to that. Thanks.
  14. H

Thanks guys. I know it has been a while, but I have watched this behavior enough to give more detailed information. The fan still goes up to full blast. It does indicate it is changing on the screen, with the bars moving to the full position on the screen. If I push the button on the screen to...
  15. H

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited. For some reason, just recently, if you have the heater or the A/C running, suddenly the fans or blower will accelerate to full speed on its own. The only way to stop this is to turn off the heater or A/C. If you try to push the "down" button to slow down the fans...
  16. H

Drivers side vents only blowing cold

My 2011 Explorer with dual zone air is only blowing cold on the drivers side. The A/C seems to be working fine on both sides. When I turn it to heat (or "HI") hot air will blow out of the passenger side vents, but the air coming out of the drivers side vents will be cold. Not cold like the A/C...
  17. H

Towing a car with a dolly and 2011 Explorer Limited

Thanks everyone. As far as why I am not driving it, this is what I am towing: http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1800970-85-trans-am-ls1-6spd-500hp-contest-winner.html I am really uneasy driving this nearly 700 miles. I will also have about 400-500lbs worth of people. I would...
  18. H

Towing a car with a dolly and 2011 Explorer Limited

I have a 2011 Explorer Limited with a tow package. I have a car that I need to transport a good distance, about 700 miles or so. My options are limited, and am considering renting a dolly from uhaul and towing the car. The car weighs about 3300 lbs. Will my Explorer be able to handle this for...
  19. H

Thinking of buying a used Explorer. What to look for??

Still have the 2001 Firehawk guys, thankfully. :thumbsup: The Explorer is the wife`s. Mileage was around 65,000 if memory serves me. We don`t regret the decision at all.
  20. H

Hi Atom, I bought a 2011 Limited! :) We are very happy with it. It drives like a dream, and it feels like you have sooo much space. We were looking at the Acadia at the same time, and I am glad I bought the Explorer. No exhaust issues, no bubbling paint. The only issues I have is that the...
  21. H

Updating SYNC/My Ford Touch with a Droid or Iphone

I am just wondering if this is possible. I just downloaded the SYNC update, and it is telling me to copy the file to a USB thumb drive. Is it possible to just copy the file to my phone (6GB free) and update it that way, if I don`t have a USB drive?
  22. H

Cooled seats: how to tell if a Limited has them?

As I mentioned in my other thread, I am looking at a 2014 Explorer that is a Limited. Is there a visible way to distinguish if one of these has them? Did all of them come with this since they all have heated seats?
  23. H

Thanks guys. This helps alot! I am surprised I only got one response about the exhaust smell. From what the interwebs say, you would think that this affects nearly every one of them. Anyone succesfully deal with/remedy this issue? It would seem it has to be some kind of exhaust leak forward of...
  24. H

I am planning to take a look at a 2014 Explorer that I am really interested in. I know the more traditional things to look for to spot any issues. But I am wondering what in particular to look for for this year/model, as I am relatively new to the Explorers, besides what I have seen browsing and...
Back