Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2004 mercury mountaineer coolant leak

Ill check mine out tomorrow and let you know what I see around there
  2. M

No start...

Half the rail is under and the other half rail is to the side and accessible. Of course the one with the sensor is under.
  3. M

2004 mercury mountaineer coolant leak

That almost looks like a heater core port. Does your heat work currently?
  4. M

No start...

It was indeed the fuel pressure (and temperature sensing) sensor under the intake manifold.
  5. M

No start...

Ill be using your paper towel tube method tomorrow, thanks for the tip! Gotta hunt down that last culprit. But overall its starting right up now and running/idling well & driving too! @Bookworm370
  6. M

No start...

Okay so the problem was after doing the fuel pressure sensor which was underneath the intake manifold, I forgot to reconnect the exhaust pipe to EGR valve. So. That kind of explained the smoke bellowing out. That combined with that it sat for 3 weeks and was flooded with fuel I guess. So...
  7. M

No start...

Hey yooo! So I replaced the fuel pressure sensor today and it started right up. But now it's shooting a seemingly neverending giant cloud of smoke out of the tailpipe & has some liquid (water?) dripping out of the tailpipe too. Never had smoke clouds before.
  8. M

No start...

My truck has a sensor (it's a 2005), not a regulator. Same exact concept though. In fact I changed the fuel pressure sensor 4 years ago. I cant recall why I did that. I put in a real cheap one. 4 years later I'm putting in another cheap one tomorrow lol.
  9. M

No start...

No I haven't checked fuel pressure. Since there's a ton of gas getting in to the vacuum lines it seems pretty obvious it's the fuel pressure sensor so I'm popping in a new one tomorrow.
  10. M

No start...

The stuff in mine is DEFINITELY gas. And in fact I'm starting to lean towards the fuel pressure sensor or something in that area. I'm getting a hot lead on that. Check out this vid: I'm wondering if I have a double problem where I have a bunch of fuel in my vacuum lines (which I do) AS WELL as...
  11. M

No start...

I had a thought that I've flooded the engine by trying to start it a couple times every day. So, I held the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor while trying to start it, to disable the fuel injectors. And... it ALMOST started. But still not quite. Maybe it's getting tons of air from the...
  12. M

No start...

Heres a video of the last time I was able to get it to start @Bookworm370 , you can totally hear the obvious vacuum leak and how it's pulsating. But why would there be gas in the vacuum lines? Specifically this one right after trying to start it.
  13. M

No start...

Thanks so much for your reply! Definitely leaning towards vacuum leak too because I have driven the truck for 5 years and the hissing sound when I WAS able to get it to start was pretty evident. But yeah like you said not apparent. I'll absolutely go check that elbow. However I do have a V6...
  14. M

No start...

BUMP :)
  15. M

No start...

I can't get my truck to start anymore. I had a bad stall out and limped it home with no power brakes. It would stall at every red light. Could barely get it started. But somehow made it home. Had to completely mash the brake pedal to slow down. Scary! Now it's been sitting for 2 weeks and I've...
  16. M

2005 Ford Explorer - story of my breakdown

I can't get it to start up and stay on long enough to do any testing, any suggestions there? Also now I think trying to start it up kill the battery so now I need to jump it
  17. M

It did rattle on cold starts. Definitely. Fair amount of rattling. Timing chains were always a worry on this truck. But would that cause a rough idle on my way home and then such a hissy vacuum leaking sound? and to loose all power brakes? And now can't get it to start up again due to vacuum...
  18. M

New information to add: I just had another session of trying to start it... in order to diagnose more... and after about 10 failed attempts, now when I try to start it, it seems like the engine is seized or something. It doesn't quite get a chance to turn over, it gets rudely interrupted and...
  19. M

Heres a video of it barely running before it stalled out. hear the vacuum? https://www.veed.io/view/5d6f420d-87f4-42e7-a360-734ed93bf179
  20. M

Hi there! Everything was great. Then this happened: Drove to work for the 50th time this month. Finished work. Hopped in the truck after a long day. Started it up just fine. noticeably rough idle, huh, that's new! popped it into reverse to back out of my spot, definitely bumpy and rough, had...
  21. M

No brake lights, no turn signals (rear)

Which ones do you recommend I test? https://www.startmycar.com/us/ford/explorer/info/fusebox/2005
  22. M

No brake lights, no turn signals (rear)

Electrical issue here. The turn signal indicator on the dash is blinking FAST and only the front turn signals are working. The rear turn signals are not working because those bulbs are not receiving any power. Which means those bulbs don't light up when I press the brake pedal either.... No...
  23. M

Starting & Electrical Issues

Hi thanks for replying! The issue ended up just being a bad battery. It was causing ODD stuff. New battery instantly fixed it all. Radio too.
  24. M

Starting & Electrical Issues

Hello everyone, Hope you all are doing great! The ol' 2005 Ford Explorer XLT is having some issues currently. The first attempt to turn on the truck results in one quick "whrr" and then it sounds like the starter immediately dies. Right after, the second attempt to turn on the truck, I get...
  25. M

Short grind noise in drive

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT. I get a very short metal grinding noise for a split second at exactly 13 miles per hour when accelerating. I hear it happen around the driver's side front tire and I can feel it in the brake pedal. It only happens ONCE per trip. It doesn't happen again...
Back