Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Push Bar for Explorer

Finally found a hard core push/brush/winch capable Hella horn, pitbar. I have never seen a battle ready pit bar on any sports before. They look baddass on the mopars though. The complete duty package is 3 different kits. The heavy duty push bar and pit bar are from setina. The headlight...
  2. T

Push Bar for Explorer

Thanks again my hero. Honestly I haven't a clue what sync3 is or if my sport is capable of the upgrade. But I could tell you how to properly deploy 7.62mm rounds to disable zombies inside 100 meters at night using a thermal adapter on an i_phone!
  3. T

Push Bar for Explorer

Thanks for the slap in the face Peter. Never knew what that button was for. Could not find anything at all in the menus. Maybe I need to upload some options in my menu? Is that possible? I have an option that ask to upload software....
  4. T

Push Bar for Explorer

Here is the biggest baddest real interceptor, pursuit, pit maneuvering ready, zombie killin bar I have ever seen. It bolts totally to the frame only. Only one hole needs to be drilled so the pit bar will allow any impact energy to be transferred through the body and hit solidly to the frame...
  5. T

Which cold air intake system is better

Just yanked the mdesign and installed the new air raid cai. It is a true cai with a big box (similar to stock and uses stock mount) and scoop that connects to the grill like stock. Better driveability in hot weather with a nice mooooaaann when kicked. Way glad i did it.
  6. T

Hi Eltee, Thanks for the reply. I was actually considering pretty much the same thing to get a ram air effect after looking at everything when both airboxes were off the x. On N/A vehicles the ram air effect can actually help a bit, but on turbocharged things are different. It will help...
  7. T

Okay, here is the new deal. Since the mdesign air inlet broke, and the company refuses to honor a replacement i had to remove it. It sounded awesome. Hellofagrowel! But it sucked hot air. If I'm not mistaken the kn fipk sucks hot air too. For me, hot air baaad. I butchered the stock...
  8. T

That is a possibility. I would rather just buy and install a new and better designed unit. All i need is to know from other owners which other units are cai only.
  9. T

Sorry Guys. Gonna have to post a retraction about how happy i was with the mdesign CAI. Right after my post my air inlet broke off and all my pretty filter does now is guzzle hot ass air from the underhood area. When i park and go inside a store for a few minutes here in hot ass Florida, my...
  10. T

I think u should be okay. It is mostly cosmetic, and if you install everything while leaving all the clamps loose, you will be able to push the unit away from the battery and then tighten the clamps. I actually used a big cable tie to pull every thing towards the engine and after all the...
  11. T

Another mdesign fan here....sort of. I went with the M because I'm a carbon fiber junkie and I prefer the direct straight line of flow from grill into system. Love the look. Love the sound. Love the more crisp throttle response. I feel it is a great match for my LMS tune. That being...
  12. T

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Wow! Edited by mod for mentioning cats? They aren't required in my state, so sorry if I missed that memo. Wasn't campaigning for any illegal modifications as forward cats will still be in place. Anyway, my bad. Now that i know I won't mention again.
  13. T

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Hi all. Im posting this here although my concern is specifically geared towards 2016 sport 3.5EB LMS tuned with CAI. I have already removed the reasonator from my exhaust in my search for a little more growl without adding an unreasonable amount of highway drone. While it did increase off...
  14. T

Running an OCC (Oil Catch Can) on the 3.5L Ecoboost

Quite simple actually. I purchased 3 feet of hose from NAPA and gently used a razor to remove supplied hose from can and fittings. After rebending the mounting bracket and installing can in place, simply route new hoses away from any sharp or hot obstacles. Make sure to select exact hose...
  15. T

The fittings are correct, hoses need to be different length and mounting bracket needs to needs to be longer from the point of attachment up to the first 90* bend. Once mounted correctly it actually looks like it came that way from the factory.
  16. T

new JLT Oil Separator

Just completed the JLT oil separator install. There were a few fitment issues for the 2016 3.5 ecoboost install on my sport. I contacted JLT and provided them with the information to address the 16.
  17. T

Just did the JLT oil separator on my 2016 3.5 explorer. Was not an exact fit but passed the fitment information to the folks at JLT today. They should have the 16 kit sorted soon.
  18. T

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

Man o man o man! Still digging the daylights out of this tune. It is now a hoot to drive anywhere. Will be looking into light exhaust mods and maybe a less restrictive front grill next.
  19. T

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

Almost everytime I close on a speeder in the left lane (to use as a runner actually ...or to mess with their heads) they immediately decel to speed limit and guide right as soon as possible. And I just don't know why.......
  20. T

Buy the tune. You'll live through the b%$#h slapping!
  21. T

NAC, The shift is barely noticeable when driving around. Most folks probably wouldn't know the difference....until they stomped the go pedal. There is considerably less slippage without being noticeable while "putting around". My wife didn't even know it was tuned till I kicked while on...
  22. T

Not liking ........LOVING! Honestly, the tune is awesome. 2500 miles on vacation and my now sporty sport performed flawlessly. Even kicked the pig a few times with 7 adults inside (low speed parking lot fun) and the rear squatted so far I thought the front wheels were in the air. Well...
  23. T

Pick up new sport this sat!

When I stated blacked out, I was referring to the combination of an ingot silver sport, with everything else blacked out. No chrome at all. It looks awesome with the black and silver 20" factory mag wheels and limo tint on all windows. I saw an undercover fed that had the exact same setup...
  24. T

HOT DAAYUUUM SUNNY BEEEECH! Now that is the way the car should come from the factory. Now I don't mind the outrageous payments. No more slush box paddle shifting. You can feel exactly what gear it is in. Very nice turbo moan through the k&n filter. Lag is unnoticeable. The back of the...
Back