Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Body lift??

do the 3 inch, mine worked fine, with no issues on clearances. (better than doing the 2 inch, and wishing later you had one more inch.) lookup "mako" on ebay under seller in auto parts...... his stuff is quite reasonable. i got 5.5 inch kit for 160 originally, and it had everything needed...
  2. S

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

thanks for the thought! got the brackets somewhere in the shop, just have to do them. (time issues) along with swapping on the new front bumper / airdam / foglights.... (and swapping out the blown sub amp / subs, dont know which died, running on the other set of subs right now) then of...
  3. S

under construction, 5" so far

Front is 9 with 4 inch springs, and could still go higher with 6's. everything aligns right, and the truck isnt used for climbing, so for street use, TTB is still OK with me. (until it breaks, of course.) tires and wheels will get bigger !!!! :D :D :D
  4. S

the door flares are just held on with double sided foam tape, about 3/8" of an inch wide. its the same stuff that goes all the way around the top of the front / rear main flares.... (i wasnt real impressed, but they are staying put.) they are deflecta shield flares from a 97 i got off of...
  5. S

still gotta lift the bumper up, however dont want to lose the step to get to the roof rack!!!!!!
  6. S

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

next an AWD i think........ :D :D :D
  7. S

Thanks for the feedback, it makes all of the d@mned frame rivets worth it!! im actually leaning towards making the F250 / 350 fullsize guys mad..... 38's on 20"s !!!!!! (20's are relatively cheap now...... and they do look badass in Truckin!!!) BTW sorry to be a poser..... But this...
  8. S

added another 4 in front with Tuff country setup (EZ Ride, which does ride great!) and SOA in back, for a total of over 9 and 11 front and rear... not sure on tires yet. I'll probably run the 33's until dead then swap rims and tires at that point by going bigger on both. paint job should...
  9. S

Lifted Higher now! First pic, parked next to a 4wd blazer.... more to come!
  10. S

Yohe

Just met with him, as he bought my new wheels, no hassles at all, Nice Guy, Nice X! Would definitely deal with him again! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  11. S

Lucas oil products-What's your thoughts?

Lucas is in all of my motors. we also use it for assembly lube on new motors, and its GREAT. chevy 4.3's usually develop PROBLEMS (which result in replacement about 112 - 120 k.) my S-10 has 169,000 miles on it. (hard ones, as i abused it everyday for work, with usually 6- 10 starts, hot and...
  12. S

Street legal Bead Locks

If you read through their website, they claim balance is no problem. there shouldnt be enough material in any one spot to throw them off, if you think about it... (roll up a towel, them make a donut out of it. the actual towel will weigh the same in every place if the same material is used...
  13. S

New roll over member? (do front flips count?)

gut your stereo equipment before they get there, and make sure there is some kind of headunit in the dash (can be anything, just fill the hole.) pull your speakers, put doors back together, make everything look nice again, they dont bonus for GOOD parts!!!!!
  14. S

Front air dam vs Sandjill Crane

LMAO !!! actually, we just fixed a 2001 civic with their stuff, and it was thicker steel than the factory! :eek: Repair Looks Good Al!!!
  15. S

Front air dam vs Sandjill Crane

there's always certifit though, right Monmix? ;)
  16. S

dont drink and drive

Damn dude, it definitely wasnt your time to go !!! glad you two are ok..... makes me think even more about my getting busy on my new bumpers / sliders. seriously though, I drive about 125 miles a day for work, and have seen WAY too much over the years...... you two are luckier than you may...
  17. S

Bumpers

all of your stock looking aftermarket bumpers are equally crappy for strength. if you buy a "step" bumper it will be a bit stronger, but will look odd IMO. remember, most bumpers just interchange mounting brackets. get the right width for the X, then rework your brackets to make it happen...
  18. S

They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived...

A prayer and a tip o' the glass to you and your family. at least everyone is alive and has everything accounted for. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  19. S

Beeep Beeep Beeep

the brain is up under the drivers side dash. cut the tie wraps, pull it down, and disconnect the power harness, but NOT the door lock harness. I had it all the way out, and the door locks didnt work, due to the fact that they use the alarm brain as part of the circuit. mine is still in the...
  20. S

Flowmaster Exhaust too Ricy?

Gotta agree here, although my 50 series sounds great on my ex, and isnt loud inside at all. doesnt sound ricey at all, and no "drone" inside which Flows are famous for.
  21. S

Crew Cab PowerStroke x 20 !!!

120k and up, and it can be yours! dont you need to haul the weight of 5 suburbans?
  22. S

parked next to a 2WD !!! here it is on the road, kinda... (trans still isnt right, getting ready to just f'n rebuild it....) parked next to a 2WD ex, (wish i had the front bumper!) :D :D
  23. S

Beeep Beeep Beeep

with my 94, i ended up taking out the factory alarm, due to not having remotes at all. (I am replacing with a better alarm though.) It was doing what yours is doing, if i unlocked the door with the key and got in without disarming. The starter kill would also engage and the horn / lights...
  24. S

33x12.5x15

its not the diameter, but the width that may be the problem. 33x10.5 is fine, but what about the 12.5's?
  25. S

33x12.5x15

Yes, but possibly watch for "crowning" on the tires. the centers may wear prematurely, due to the narrow rim unless you drop air pressure a bit. just my opinion, not an expert! :D :D :D
Back