Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

100% CONFIRMED!!! Live data on a 1994 Explorer with the Bosch 1300!!!

Nice job. Is there a library look up or data base for the data you are receiving? I might look into buying one for my 94LE
  2. V

Center Console For a 1994 LE To Add Communication Radios

Is there a center aftermarket console available for a 94 Explorer which allows you to add either a CB radio or ham radio gear? Similar to what the current modern day police cars have. I want to add my VHF/UHF radio in my truck but have no room or area to put it in. I don't care if I lose the...
  3. V

Just purchased 1993 Ford Explorer, any maintenance I should do on it/things to be aware of?

Thanks for the info. will try to look for hand pump oil transfer pump either online or in a local parts store here in Vancouver, B.C.
  4. V

Real-Time Monitoring of Engine Data of 1st Gen Explorers

Is there a device that will enable you to monitor your engine as your driving on the 1st gen Explorers? I know it is not OBDII compliant but just putting out there if it is even possible with the tech that the 1st gens have. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.....
  5. V

Just purchased 1993 Ford Explorer, any maintenance I should do on it/things to be aware of?

Is it easy to replace motor mounts? I have a 94 Limited Edition with original 444,000 Km. Still runs beautifully.
  6. V

Is it easy to change the front diff fluids? How do you do it? The rear I can some how manage but the front?
  7. V

Which Wires are for the fuel gauge on my 94 Explorer going thru the firewall? Gauge Reads Empty

Just confirmed! Yay! It's the float in the tank. It reads 16.8 ohms with less than a quarter tank and 17 ohms completely full. Now do I drop the tank or try to get at it from the top by pulling the carpet back and cut a very nice and cautious not to deep access through the metal. I believe...
  8. V

Which Wires are for the fuel gauge on my 94 Explorer going thru the firewall? Gauge Reads Empty

Thank you for the informative photos and diagram. Will attempt this next few days. Will get back to you with results
  9. V

Thanks will verify it isnt slosh module first. Living in Kanada Rockauto is a saviour! Close to 300 bucks at our auto stores up here. Ive learned to order from Rockauto
  10. V

How to: Pull trouble codes on 4WABS, very simple

I have a 94 Limited edition Explorer and the ABS light is always on. It did not flash at all. Is my ABS module faulty? Is it easy to replace? Or am I doing something wrong?
  11. V

I have a 94LE X which is currently running perfectly but fuel gauge is not working. Has been reading empty since I owned the truck. I want to verify the resistance reading before dropping the tank just in case it's the anti-slosh module on the dash and not the float that's the issue. Is...
  12. V

Explorer 4x4 - radius arm bushin tutorial

Great video? Need to do the same on my 94 LE.
  13. V

Funny Blower motor issues.

Check the relay in the front engine compartment. The fuse box has a set of relays. Try re-seating the relay. I had the identical problem. Mine works great now
  14. V

Car Alarm Upgrade on my 94 LE

Thank you for all your input. Where can I obtain the wiring diagram for my electrical system for my 94 LE and specifically for the alarm system and module? Is the alarm module situated in the rear hatch access area?
  15. V

Car Alarm Upgrade on my 94 LE

I am just curious would this alarm work as an upgrade to my existing factory alarm? I was doing some research and came across it. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5574912417&icep_item=360318656527
  16. V

Replacing Rad and Fan What Tools Do I need

What tools do I need to replace or take off the fan on my 94 Explorer? I will also be replacing the radiator as its not efficient any more, plugged up...
  17. V

1994 Ford Explorer Radiator/Condenser Replacement Question

I have a leak in my A/C Condenser and was wondering to replace that do I need to remove the radiator? I am going to replace the radiator as I have purchased one to replace my factory original plugged one. Also do I need to remove my fan to pull out and install my new radiator?
  18. V

Transmission Vacume Modulator

My video on my 94 replacement. Hope it helps..
  19. V

Radiator Question 1995 to 1994 Limited

Quick question can a radiator from a 1995 Explorer fit into a 1994 Limited Edition? Just curious there is someone selling a 1995 Explorer radiator new locally at a good price and mine will soon need replacing in my 94. Thanks for any info.
  20. V

1994 explorer xlt shift problems

Here is a video of the replacement of my modulator valve hope it helps there are three parts. I bought mine from Rock|Auto
  21. V

Vacuum Line Kit 1994 Ford Explorer LE

Is there a kit where it has all the vacuum lines and connectors where I can replace all of the lines in my car? They are old. Rockauto? My truck has some really thin vac. lines and I see them breaking down soon.
  22. V

Weird Heater Question 1994 Ford Explorer LE

I replaced the heater core valve with a new one and flushed my rad. The valve doesn't actuate at all but when I adjust my temp from cold to hot in vent mode temps goes from 70F to 110F. Yet I don't see the valve actuate. I'll leave it the way it is as it's working way better but still not...
Back