Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jsgoofn

Help putting door handle back in

You also might want to look at your typing before sending. Or your spell check isn't working. Do you have a picture of what you are referring to?
  2. jsgoofn

Another Recall 2023 Explorers - Steering/Brakes

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/recall-alert-ford-explorer-steering-brake-problems/ It never ends. 😕
  3. jsgoofn

2020 Explorer ST total failure, help appreciated!

How long has the water leakage been an issue? Did you get a professional mechanic or a dealer look at it before all this happened? Just asking if you documented any of this and see if Ford can do something. What is the warranty left on the vehicle? Such an unusual sequence of events!
  4. jsgoofn

Explorer Rear Cago Net

Here's an eBay list. I got one from here a year ago for my 22 and it fits just fine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/274045724153?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vpU8hSqCT7S&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=liPQ253XSmK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  5. jsgoofn

USB for music

I had to get an actual USB MP3 player to work for me. It was the same with my 2015 Explorer too. Perhaps Ford hasn't quite figured it out. I was able to put music in folders and sorted them by letter or number and it played in that order correctly. But not by date. When it is recognized, it...
  6. jsgoofn

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

Cool. Thanks. I might just leave well enough alone for the time being. I'll definitely keep a bookmark on this thread.
  7. jsgoofn

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

I haven't had any issues with the blue screen and haven't done any Sync updates since I got mine in April 22. Has anyone done the update and then had the problem pop up? Software updates are sometimes problematic in themselves. Look at what headaches happen after phone and Microsoft updates...
  8. jsgoofn

Programming headlights with Forscan?

Have you tested to see if the high beam actually works to begin with? Did the seller state it was fully functional?
  9. jsgoofn

Exterior and Interior Modifications

Incredible amount of work. It looks really good. Nice!
  10. jsgoofn

Should I get a 2022 ST

Lots of differences. Complete redesign. 2020 was the worst year. I had a 2015 Sport too. I've got a 2022 and so far, just a glitch with coolant temp sensors. Read up on the recalls. There are quite a few posts here about those.
  11. jsgoofn

Coolant Overheat Warning 2022 Ex

Well, I got in my Ex, started up as usual, drove about 1 mile when it lost power (fail safe mode), lights all lit up and the the dreaded "Coolant Overheat" warning comes up. Temp shows pegged. Fortunately, I was still close to civilization and able to pull into a gas station. Checked coolant -...
  12. jsgoofn

Suing Ford for Lemon - Lemon Law

Also, contact your local news - they usually have reporters who help with issues such as these. Most dealers don't want negative attention and perhaps this will get them to take care of you. Or, look for lawyers who work with consumer issues. Many will take a case with no money up front if they...
  13. jsgoofn

Suing Ford for Lemon - Lemon Law

Thread '2020 Explorer - Lemon Law' 2020 Explorer - Lemon Law
  14. jsgoofn

Communication with BCM

Unfortunately, the extent of my experience is not nearly enough to tackle such an ambitious project. 😕
  15. jsgoofn

Communication with BCM

Do you have the latest Forscan software? https://forscan.org/home.html
  16. jsgoofn

Switch Captains Seats for Bench

Here's another link. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/2nd-row-bench-to-captain-chairs.499362/
  17. jsgoofn

It's the opposite of what you want to do but it might help to understand how it's done - in reverse.
  18. jsgoofn

I found this in another Ford forum. https://www.explorerst.org/threads/how-to-swap-bench-2nd-row-to-captains-chairs-with-console.5096/
  19. jsgoofn

Third Brake Light Not Working

Thanks! I'll check it out. Since it is a new Ex, it may just fix itself. ;)
  20. jsgoofn

Thanks, Peter. I also took a peek around the forum and didn't see anything specific. I'll check the BCM. I did go in several months ago and disabled the bulb out warning when I switched out the regular turn bulbs.
  21. jsgoofn

Thanks for the insight. I'll check around the area on the spoiler.
  22. jsgoofn

I had my car 22 Ex in for service (at a non-dealer) and noticed the third brake light did not light up. The other two are ok. Before I start tearing things apart, has anyone experienced this and what was the cause. I wouldn't think it's a fuse because that would affect everything. Anyway...
  23. jsgoofn

Update For Rear Camera Recall Disabled My Explorer Today!

I thought that if you brought your vehicle in for any other type of service, they automatically applied the fix whether you reported an issue or not.
  24. jsgoofn

2020 Explorer Limited 4WD Road Trip Fuel Economy

That's pretty cool. I drove my 2.3L from Virginia to Colorado several months ago and surprisingly averaged 28.5. Only switched to 85 octane when I arrived in CO. I drove around 75 mph until KS and hovered around 80. Even around town, I've been getting close to 24. I'm very impressed. I drove the...
Back